Jesus may have had kids?

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!
Loke
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Loke » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:29 pm

Hi andy
Andy wrote:

I could also turn around and say that if the Bible has changed a bit over the last 2000 years, and I know that Paganism doesn't have any religious books, apart from notes pagans have made, who's to say that word of mouth hasn't changed?
Christianity has taken all pagan days of worship as their own, their places of worship went into the bargain. In Denmark all weekdays have a meaning, one for personal hygiene, 2 represent sun and moon, the last four still bear the names of the gods. Much the same for the Germans, only they lost the day belonging to Odin/Wotan.

If Jesus was a popular person, how could he avoid to father a child or more, he was a man with to feet on ground or water even, at least he was a man.

Loke

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:33 pm

Hi Loke.

glad to see you still around. We joined roughly at the same time, but you seemed to disappear. Keep writing. :-D

As to Andy, he went of in a huff, after we asked him to substantiate too many of his obscure arguments. :laughing3:

"Because the bible said it's true" just does not cut it on this site. :lol: :lol:

Loke
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Loke » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:38 pm

Hi Ragnar

Tja, Du bist ja fleissig am schreiben, habe eigentlich mehr gelesen und wollte erst mal herausfinden was das hier ist.

Sorry, guess Andy is still able to both read and answer; so here is my appreciation of Jesus.

1. It is probable a historical person named Jesus lived.
2. He was disliked by the etablishment.
3. His ideas and words were of a quality to attract the attention of the henchmen.
4. They executed him.

This should been the end that, but today we see many peoble following the strongly censured words of his.

Maybe the cencors knew what they were doing. Think about it, would Jesus ever want to fight a war? Yet many wars have been fought in his name.

In my mind he may advance from a mythical being into a historical person.

Best wishes

Loke

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by auramoonsongs » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:10 pm

Ok the subject of Jesus and kids well I think he did have kids for one why does his life in the bible go from being a child in the temple to him being a 30 year old man, what happened to the rest of his life, I think he did have kids and the church has rubbed them out because in their eyes Jesus was the son of God and he shouldn't have children, he was the last Zion. Also I think Jesus was a Pagan, like us but catholics decided to make a religion out of what he did. Changed magic into miracles and the horned god into the devil. You know there is another gospel that the church will not let anyone see and it's I think Jesus's own words I bet it says you don't need temples God is in your hearts or something like that but no the church will not allow it to be published.
blessed be

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:16 pm

Actually, the Bible that they have allowed to be published does have Jesus saying that you should pray to the Father in your closet where He will hear you and it's between you and Him, not out on the street, not shouting in the synagoge etc. And that those who do run around shouting about how religious they are will not get into heaven because He will say he never knew them, etc. Mind you, they don't talk about those passages much ;)
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by auramoonsongs » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:35 pm

I just don't see why Christians think they have to go somewhere to talk to their God I know I can sit down anywhere and do it, they just like to control their followers. The bible is against women come on we created original sin. I also hate the way that some Christians stand on the street and as soon as they see my necklaces and rings they tell me I am going to hell and I need to repent, sometimes it's funny sometimes it wrong like when I have my son with me. I managed to make a Mormon think when he tried to preach to me so i gave him a quick lesson in paganism and Wicca, he walked away with a new understanding
blessed be

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:27 am

auramoonsongs wrote:I also hate the way that some Christians stand on the street and as soon as they see my necklaces and rings they tell me I am going to hell and I need to repent,

You lucky, lucky b*++er!

I WISH they would do that to me!!!! :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077

O.K in Berlin we don't get to many any way. But those we do get just walk of with their hands in their pockets, whisteling, and staring at the pretty clouds when I even look at them. :cry:

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:38 am

A challenge!! Always fun!

But, alas, I also havent recieved one in quite some time. Somedays I think to myself "Awe, come on! You know you wanna lecture me about my necklace being the symbol of satan! Come on! Do it already!!!"

Although, for a change, Arcanum and I had a run in with a woman tonight while shopping. We walked around the corner of the aisle ... (as you do while shopping) ... and this little girl was skipping along. When the mother saw me, with my pentacle out for all to see, she snatched her child away from me, and gave Arcanum the death glare like he was a demon come to life or something crazy like that. If only she had of said something ... would have made it so much more fun rather than tormenting her silently!!
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:38 am

ignorance is truly bliss isnt it? they dont have to ever think
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:49 am

For christians, thinking causes fatal burns.

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:14 pm

ROFLMFAO!! I want a sticker for the car that says that!!!
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:49 pm

Hmm, bumper stickers.

I have just heard from a friend of mine on a German Heathen site, who is currently in D.C.

He saw, just today, an SUV with a big Confederate flag in the back and a sticker "If I had known it would cause THIS much trouble, I would have picked the cotton my self!".

NOT a good idea for him to break down in any shady parts of the belt way now is it? :lol:

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:09 pm

He saw, just today, an SUV with a big Confederate flag in the back and a sticker "If I had known it would cause THIS much trouble, I would have picked the cotton my self!".
O__O Not good. Gee, when will THAT car get broken into???

:evil: People like that make me sick
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:41 pm

Auramoonsongs wrote:
I just don't see why Christians think they have to go somewhere to talk to their God I know I can sit down anywhere and do it, they just like to control their followers.
That is one thing I have no problem with Christians doing. Humans are naturally social creatures and getting together to pray and worship can be a very uplifting experience.

As for thinking Christians, I am meeting a lot more now, mind you I met my first non-thinking pagan this week too. His intelligent comments included "All Christians are retards" and "Anyone with half a brain would be pagan" hmmmm? sounds like some other people I know.

Anyway, I have never been stopped on the street but I don't really have any pagan emblems, however next week in class we are doing a neat project. I am going to bring in a lot of my "religious collectibles" (crosses, Buddhas, Ganesha, beads, paintings from Australia and my pendulum) so I will be officially out of the broom closet with my students. The project is to look at all religious items devoid of the sacred (like an alien would) then describe how you think it might be used religiously and why if you had no prior knowledge. Also put it into a type of religion or magick. Then I want to discuss with them about being afraid of what is different and we don't understand. It should be a good lesson.

Sorry, that was way off topic and way longer than I expected it to be.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:48 pm

I've been stopped at a gas station and screamed at for not accepting a church pamphlet. I was frozen. That was... fun...

Good for you, Willow! That shall be very interesting! And some little "I'm a rebel because I'm Pagan," reminds me of all these people spouting Anarchist S*** because they are going through puberty and conforming to the stereotype of rebel teens. GAH!

Xians... *sigh* What more can I say on these stupid Fundies... They just make me so, so tired.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG