Check This Out - Bible Prophecy

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!
Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:33 am

ROFLMAO,

And on the Eight day there was McDonald's and Large fries was had by all.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:49 am

A slightly more serious point to this...Sorry :roll:

There was a radio station in U.K, called "talk radio", I think it was Brown eyed Girl who told me that it is now off the air; But On weekends they used to invite psychics, tarot readers, all kind of "occult" things.

One of these was the guy who wrote "The bible code". So, as per normal, there was a 4 hour phone in about the subject.

On this, the person who had written the said book, was brought to task by a senior Rabbi, who, using the same rules, had come out with this "That will be two LARGE fries with those please". He also came out with "Bushes will betray the people",

In fact everything, including "The butler did it"...LITERALY. With PROOF!

(I have a soft spot for Rabbi's!!) =D>

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:48 am

Am I the only person tired of welcoming Fundies??? 8-)
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:38 am

Ha, strange I was talking about this very thing last night with my Wife.

I came up with a jolly good jape. Wierdo Web Wiking. (or WWW. for short) The idea is for five or six of us from these boards to get together, and go and join a fundy web site and rip the p**S out of them for a day or two.

Then, :idea:, is that what they are doing?

I think the present score is five, of people who have come on as "genuinly interested "cuddly" fundys". All within the last two or three months.

I do not know if you got in on the threads from "Andy" a couple of weeks back, sorry can't remember. But I accused him then, in my normal subtle way, of working for some one.

Which he took great offence too, in the same way as a kid with it's hand in the cookie jar gets all offended at been accused of nicking cookies.

One of the first things you learn as a copper, NEVER trust any one that does not defend themselves, or does it so inadaquately, that a two year dead mouse could see through it.

Notice they all go away very quickly too? :cry:

But even so, there was allways another "waiting in the wings". Like they are being supervised. When they start loosing big time the controller inserts a new asset. :glasses5:

Scathach
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Scathach » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:21 am

The one thing about all of this is that when it comes to information theory. the more complex the information, the more easy it is to manipulate. If I say to you, "I need to go to the bathroom", you can argue about it all you want. You can say, "I think that you have Restless Bladder syndrome, and you wouldn't need to go if you didn't have that." Or you could encourage me to be solopsistic,telling me to believe that I create my own reality, and tell me to unbelieve my need to go to the bathroom, at which point I would look at you in a slightly irritated and sullen way, and say, "I need to go to the bathroom", and promptly leave, hopefully in time to make it....

The Bible is a hugely complex piece of information. It has no truly coherent narrative, is a complicated series of books with varying aims covering a huge timescale. As such, it can be manipulated to mean anything. Books are like this in general, because they contain language, which is hugely complex, (just try to learn a language, I'm trying to learn Japanese.... DO NOT write Japanese to me, I am a beginner, and will simply begin to cry.....). People can read anything they want to in a book, and the Bible even more so.

To the poster who said that the Bible proves that Barney the Dinosaur is the devil, you have changed my viewpoint on everything that I have just said, for Barney truly.....is......the DEVIL! I guess that Bible prophecy works after all.....
-Z. deScathach of the Backwater Pinetree Node

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:45 am

there was a program on that as well over here....
they also found messages of 9/11 in songs by oasis if you read the lines down or sumin...
ah well i think its 2007... it may of been 2017... (i have a memory like a siv!) were all gonna die of a nuclear holocaust.... don'tchya just love the bible!

BTW if you want to visit Andy's website feel free...
it may drive you insane...
a guy that got extremely offensive to me was banned... then when they thought i had left the site... he was back and was made a mod, i messaged an admin and apparently he is going to apologies to me... I'm still waiting (yeah I'm being a brat on purpose :roll: hehe.... i think i have the right to be after he said all my beliefs are pathetic and based on good feelings and he has no respect for me or my beliefs. delightful. i got quite offended on that... just cause i don't get what i believe in from a book doesn't make it pathetic :P lols... wow I'm really on a rambling roll today!
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:46 am

dragonflydrummer wrote:Am I the only person tired of welcoming Fundies??? 8-)
You are not the only one.

As a matter of fact I have evolved into a fundamentalist anti-fundamentalist.

Bring on the next one.....

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:17 am

I get frustrated with it too,
Mind you, I have a course next term simply called fundamentalism, maybe it will make me a little more understanding and less likely to lash out.
On the other hand, maybe it will be more ammo. :gib:
However, i guess I will have to give each one the benefit of the doubt and take them as they come.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:24 am

Willow wrote:I will have to give each one the benefit of the doubt and take them as they come.
Blessings
Yes.."... in a nice orderly queue. Name... yes, cruicifiction was it?... good take a cross, first door on the left and straight up the hill, you can't miss it." :badgrin:

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:31 am

Notice they all go away very quickly too?
Is that what happened? I thought i just misplaced the last one(who didn't even answer my question..... :angryfire: )
/|\

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:59 am

Katsu have you checked behind the book case?

I get the impression they are being sent here for training.

Like field work projects for their final (in)doctorate exam.

Last three weeks, and you can gain 20% towards your final result, kind of thing. :lol:

"Never answered your question".

They never do. They are trained to reply to questions with counter questions. Look through some of their old post, if you can stand it, and see how many answers they gave as against how many questions the posed. ;)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:39 pm

Am I the only one who has the suspicion that it may be the same people under a different name :lol: Probably not, but that was my immediate thought with the last prophecizor we had...

I'm probably very wrong, and if I am I share Ragnar's thoughts... Trainees (which are probably from Andy's site).
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:55 pm

Wewease the Cwistians! =D>

I wonder if they get bonus points for every conversion?

Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:47 pm

its funny i know have visions of secret sections on christian forums were only certain members who pass inition of making argument on other forums are aloud in... and little Tally's with how many arguments they got in with bonus points for key ones...

and lil archives of the arguments...

now t gonna be hard to look at a xtian forum straight again! hehehe
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Loke
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Loke » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:59 pm

Moin Ragnar
I came up with a jolly good jape. Wierdo Web Wiking. (or WWW. for short) The idea is for five or six of us from these boards to get together, and go and join a fundy web site and rip the p**S out of them for a day or two.
This is very much how wars get started on the believers kind of way. Somehow it appeals to me, but then it is only the wish to annoy.

The forum welcome of old Silly is way above standards, their replies are friendly and patience is used up at last, end of story I guess.

Best wishes to all of you

Loke