Check This Out - Bible Prophecy

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!
Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:15 am

It's a shame I don't have a very high understanding and knowledge base of the European Union, as I would have liked to see the significance. I would like to see your eventual outcome Silly, though as I read through your post not once did you actually quote a source. Yes you made brief references to policies, bible verses and as well as events, however, you haven't quoted any newspapers with the prescribed speech, legislation nor papers, not to mention the version of the bible your reading your verses from.

I'm not discrediting your claim, I only wish to see the proof of your statements. Please give, I hate to say it, Harvard quality references (and to think I used to hate that system of referencing, but now can't live with out) that way one can locate the book/paper/video that you have used and find what your referring too. In this way if someone starts screaming at you for being the Devil, European, Alien, Cup of Tea, big fish with flappy apendages, you can simply hold up the book, turn to the page and say "It's written in black and white, should I enlargen it for you?"
And proceed to watch them go into a state of shock, or be-fumblement (yes I think i did just creat a word.) :lol:

BTW. I'm not dissing anyone on the board, I just honestly would like to see Silly's reference materials.
NB: Please include the copywrite date you have no idea how much that helps.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

a Silly Ol' Fundy
Level 1
Level 1

Here ya go

Post by a Silly Ol' Fundy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:06 am

PART 2
Chapter 5: Apocalypse Now?

Some of our readers, looking at Europe as it now exists, may find it difficult to believe that it will ever be found gathered together into one empire. But when God interferes directly with the affairs of the world, He will carry out quickly what He has long since foretold will be the course of events.1

Alfred H. Burton, 1915

(novel cut down to memo size by Librarian)
Those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:28 am

OK, this is not a slap or a dis - I'm just curious as to why you would come to a pagan board and spend so much time and effort writing such long posts on something that the majority of us are not really interested in reading, don't believe and are not at all likely to be convinced to believe?

As I said in another post to you - we've had some recent bad experiences with Christian fundies who came here under the guise of a white flag of understand but with the intention to preach to us and to push the Christian point of view all the while saying that they would like to see "evidence" that their beliefs were wrong yet ignoring any facts we would present.

My point is that we aren't going to go wasting our time (again) pointing you to all of the many MANY historical and documented facts which prove and point out all the holes in the bible because A) we respect your right to believe as you wish and have no interest in converting you and B) it just gets really, really tiresome when you know that the person you point the facts out to really isn't going to accept them anyway. It's fine if you want to believe and if that belief makes you be a better, kinder and more loving human I'm all for it even if it's not something that I could ever believe.

I ask that you please respect our right to believe as we wish and not try to convince us of the validity of things which we all know to be invalid to one degree or another.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:02 pm

Silly,

Ok, so I just found the entirety of your first post on this website: http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/2010.html and unless you're the author, your can't go around claiming that as your own work, which is exactly what you're doing by not giving credit where credit is due.

And also, the second part of your post is found here.

Plagiarism is just plain wrong. You are stealing somebody else's copyrighted material.
Last edited by davisherm on Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:50 pm

I was wondering...
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Librarian
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Here ya go

Post by Librarian » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:03 pm

a Silly Ol' Fundy wrote:PART 2
Chapter 5: Apocalypse Now?

(great deal snipped)
PLEASE do not post novellas! Should this exist somewhere on the net, just post a synopsis and a link.

Also, unless your name is Herb, you shouldn't be posting this at all. Certainly not without attribution.

See this link:
http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/2010.html

majickalman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by majickalman » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:03 pm

I like this place :-D
An It Harm None,
Do What Ye Will.

a Silly Ol' Fundy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by a Silly Ol' Fundy » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:15 am

Hey Guys,

I wasn't trying to plagiarize Herb Peters, I just wanted you guys to take a look at it.

Take Care Of Yourselves
Those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:02 pm

But the issue of not referencing the original author, and therefore the plaguerism and novella that has come out of it still remains. Thats all that we wanted to bring to your attention. If you wish to post things like this, heed Librarians advice - give us a synopsis, and give us the URL, if we want to look into things like this, we will follow the link and check it out. Thats how we do things here.

Blessings.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by daibanjo » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:37 pm

Seeing as our silly old fundie is interested in 666 I have important news for him. Barney is the devil.
You see the bible says "Let he who has understanding count the number of the beast." So obviously it's a code. Let's see;
Barney is sometimes known as a "Cute purple Dinosaur" If we take the letters in his name and add together the ones that are Roman Numerals we get C=100, U is the same as V, that's correct Latin, so U=5, next U=5, L=50, D=500,I=1, last U=5. Add them all up it's 666. So Barney is the Devil. But we all new that already didn't we.

Truth is we can all play with numbers and words to get anything we want and any message we want.
Did you know that if you re-arrange the letters in "Britney Spears" you get "Presbyterian" So if I don't go to that church I'm surely damned.
I could go on but you get the point.
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Librarian
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Librarian » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:08 pm

a Silly Ol' Fundy wrote:Hey Guys,

I wasn't trying to plagiarize Herb Peters, I just wanted you guys to take a look at it.
From WordNet (r) 2.0 :

plagiarize
v : take without referencing from someone else's writing or
speech;

Yup, you were. :roll: [-X

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:02 am

the hole 666 thing is wrong anyway its 611 or something to that extent.

also the main thing that's popped up with the 666'nes of it all is a translation in some other word type of number that makes it WWW....

(it was on one of the "The Curse behind the OMEN film" program...)
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:08 pm

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:the hole 666 thing is wrong anyway its 611 or something to that extent.

also the main thing that's popped up with the 666'nes of it all is a translation in some other word type of number that makes it WWW....

(it was on one of the "The Curse behind the OMEN film" program...)
There is also the theory that it is actually 999 ... upside down 666. Can't remember the whole thing off the top of my head (nor so early in the morning), but yeah. There is also that :-D
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:16 pm

Yeah it goes something like 9 9 9 .... that's right a German saying, No No No.

(Runs for cover from intempted web users) :lol:
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:27 pm

Arcanum Owl wrote:Yeah it goes something like 9 9 9 .... that's right a German saying, No No No.

(Runs for cover from intempted web users) :lol:
So... does this mean Ragnar is the Anti-Christ?

I knewit! :P
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake