Grandmas easy corn bread AKA hot water corn bread

So, what's for dinner?
forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Grandmas easy corn bread AKA hot water corn bread

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:11 am

Ok, first, take about 2 cups white, never frozen/never refrigerated corn meal and put it in your mixing bowl. Throw in 1/2 a tbsp salt and mix really well. Set the bowl aside and put a medium size pot of water to boil. Once your water's boiling, slowly mix the water into the bowl a little at a time. Put the water back on the stove to keep it boiling. Keep adding water till the mix looks something like fluffy mashed potatoes, if its too wet it won't stick together to make patties. Put and heat skillet on the stove and cover the bottom with oil. Add more oil as needed, the corn bread tends to soak it up.Wet your hands and make a patty out of the mix using a heaping tbsp as a starter. Be sure to re-wet your hands before every patty. Corn breads done when it's golden brown on the outside.

I've found that if you add alot of different spices these easily become good offering 'cakes'. Another thing, if you like leftovers, wrap them in a paper towel and nuke them for 15 second on each side, almost perfect! :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:31 pm

Sounds good I love cornbread!
Next year when the corn is ready I'll make it after I make the cornmeal!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG