Jesus may have had kids?

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!
davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Jesus may have had kids?

Post by davisherm » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:33 pm

While this isn't exactly new news to me, as I'd heard it before and read a few books about it, I figured some here may not have heard this theory and would appreciate learning about it.

This is an insanely long transcription of a lecture given in 1998 by Laurence Gardner, about his book, Bloodline of the Holy Grail. It's worth the read though, let me tell you.

from amazon.com
From royal and suppressed archives comes documented proof of the heritage of Jesus in the West and the long awaited discovery of the Holy Grail. In fulfilling this time-honored quest, penetrating new light is cast upon the Grail Code of Service and the venerated feminine element, upheld in chivalry but forsaken by the Church in order to forge a male dominated society.

This unique work offers revelatory insight concerning the descendent heirs of Jesus and his brother James while, in documenting a hidden legacy of the Messiah, it unveils hitherto guarded facts about characters such as Mary Magdalene and Joseph of Arimathea. Tracing the sacred lineage through centuries of persecution and Inquisition, Bloodline of the Holy Grail reveals a systematic suppression of authentic records and a strategic manipulation of the New Testament Gospels.

Featuring all the charm and adventure of Arthurial romance, coupled with enthralling Rosicrucian and Templar disclosures, this extraordinary work has a cutting edge of intrigue that removes the established blanket of enigma to expose one of the greatest conspiracies ever told.

For those of you who have read the masterful work of fiction, The Da'Vinci code, some of this may seem familiar.
http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/holygrail1.html

Myself, I wasn't shocked when I first read this. I'm a little bit skeptical, of course, as I can't put my hands on the documents that the author used for his research. Not that it would do any good as I can't read Greek, Latin, or Aramaic. But wow. Some interesting stuff no?
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:59 pm

BTW, they've made a movie about the DaVinci Code (surprise surprise it kinda reads like a movie, lol), I think it comes out in September, but I'm not positive...I wanna see it though
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:19 am

I've heard of this actually...in History class of all places.

the mythos is that the Emperors/Kings of France starting with Charlemaine claimed that they were the descendants of Jesus and Mary M. and that's what gave them the right to rule. That Jesus & Mary fled Jeruslem after his ressurection and moved to gaul to live out the remainder of their lives before ascending straight to heaven, leaving behind a number of children who eventually led to Charlemaine.

Interesting concept. Can't seem to think that if Jesus came down as a human totally, despite the whole "son of god" thing, he probably got himself some and might have fathered a kid or two. However, when frothing madmen got a hold of the Church, they obliterated the idea b/c it didn't sit with thier "Sex is evil...sex is the power of the devil" concepts. Geeze, just because some pagans had fertility rites...okay ALL pagans had fertitlity rites back then, that may involve ritual sex!

However, we'll never really know.

My Tony was looking at all of this, and said that in 500 to 1,000 years ppl are going to believe that there used to be a conteient or another level of the world called Middle Earth b/c of all the hype over LOTR!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:38 pm

Well, I would imagine that our data integrity and storage is pretty good compared to the mainly oral tradition of our forbearers, so hopefully that won't happen.

Although singing a praise to the honest and brave Samwise and saying our prayers to Frodo to keep the nazgul away would be pretty funny.

All Hail King Aragorn. May he and his Elven Lady watch o'er us for eternity, E'en tho she hast given up eternal life, may her their countenence shine down upon us for evermore.

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:47 pm

So -- does this imply that there might be some heir (non)apparent to the Fisher Kings who bears the genetic stamp of Jesus? :-?
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:26 pm

That's what it seems to say, yes. That's... pretty cool if you ask me.

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:29 pm

Well -- at least they haven't gone on to claim it's Bush... :lol:

(or is that next ???)
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:15 am

dragonflydrummer wrote:Well -- at least they haven't gone on to claim it's Bush... :lol:

(or is that next ???)
'

*RUNS AND HIDES*

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:35 am

dragonflydrummer wrote:Well -- at least they haven't gone on to claim it's Bush... :lol:

(or is that next ???)
*Pictures Jesus rolling over in his grave.*

I can just see that happening. Frightening thought.

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:22 am

:lol: Just about the time they run Jeb for Prez... :oops:

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:36 am

Don't even joke about that. Seriously. I don't know if this country can survive a third Bush in office. (alhtough I honestly had no problems with Bush Sr. while he was in office.)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:26 pm

We get another Bush in office, I think Tony and I will immigrate to Canada!

Perigee
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Perigee » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:34 pm

Okay, I dont know much about the DaVinci code (Ive only just started on the book) but I just cant get my head around the concept of Jesus not dying a virgin. Various other Fundy folk have done so, presumably as a sign of devotion, and if Jesus can bear 40 days of temptation in a desert which Satan of all people natural and supernatural as his only companion then why cant he bear temptation from some fair maiden?
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our souls.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
The truth will come to you at last.

2Crunchy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by 2Crunchy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:10 pm

Perigee wrote:Okay, I dont know much about the DaVinci code (Ive only just started on the book) but I just cant get my head around the concept of Jesus not dying a virgin. Various other Fundy folk have done so, presumably as a sign of devotion, and if Jesus can bear 40 days of temptation in a desert which Satan of all people natural and supernatural as his only companion then why cant he bear temptation from some fair maiden?
Because he didn't have too. Celibacy is a very Christian concept (Catholic to be specific). Jesus was supposedly Jewish. It would have been highly abnormal for a jewish rabbi of his age to NOT be married. There's more to marriage than sex. But I guess one would have to think of sex as sinful to see a woman as a "temptation".....hence the Catholic perspective on celibacy.
Come to the Dark Side.....
We have cookies! :)

Andy
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Jesus may have had kids?

Post by Andy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:10 am

davisherm wrote:While this isn't exactly new news to me, as I'd heard it before and read a few books about it, I figured some here may not have heard this theory and would appreciate learning about it.

This is an insanely long transcription of a lecture given in 1998 by Laurence Gardner, about his book, Bloodline of the Holy Grail. It's worth the read though, let me tell you.

from amazon.com
From royal and suppressed archives comes documented proof of the heritage of Jesus in the West and the long awaited discovery of the Holy Grail. In fulfilling this time-honored quest, penetrating new light is cast upon the Grail Code of Service and the venerated feminine element, upheld in chivalry but forsaken by the Church in order to forge a male dominated society.

This unique work offers revelatory insight concerning the descendent heirs of Jesus and his brother James while, in documenting a hidden legacy of the Messiah, it unveils hitherto guarded facts about characters such as Mary Magdalene and Joseph of Arimathea. Tracing the sacred lineage through centuries of persecution and Inquisition, Bloodline of the Holy Grail reveals a systematic suppression of authentic records and a strategic manipulation of the New Testament Gospels.

Featuring all the charm and adventure of Arthurial romance, coupled with enthralling Rosicrucian and Templar disclosures, this extraordinary work has a cutting edge of intrigue that removes the established blanket of enigma to expose one of the greatest conspiracies ever told.

For those of you who have read the masterful work of fiction, The Da'Vinci code, some of this may seem familiar.
http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/holygrail1.html

Myself, I wasn't shocked when I first read this. I'm a little bit skeptical, of course, as I can't put my hands on the documents that the author used for his research. Not that it would do any good as I can't read Greek, Latin, or Aramaic. But wow. Some interesting stuff no?
I dont believe Jesus had kidss as he didnt have sex, christans dont believe in Sex before marrage!
davisherm wrote:

(or is that next ???)
*Pictures Jesus rolling over in his grave.*

I can just see that happening. Frightening thought.
Bush, somehow i dont think so, anyway Jesus dosnt have a grave, his body was removed from the tomb he was placed, of which he rose again!
2Crunchy wrote:
Perigee wrote:Okay, I dont know much about the DaVinci code (Ive only just started on the book) but I just cant get my head around the concept of Jesus not dying a virgin. Various other Fundy folk have done so, presumably as a sign of devotion, and if Jesus can bear 40 days of temptation in a desert which Satan of all people natural and supernatural as his only companion then why cant he bear temptation from some fair maiden?
Because he didn't have too. Celibacy is a very Christian concept (Catholic to be specific). Jesus was supposedly Jewish. It would have been highly abnormal for a jewish rabbi of his age to NOT be married. There's more to marriage than sex. But I guess one would have to think of sex as sinful to see a woman as a "temptation".....hence the Catholic perspective on celibacy.
Jesus wasnt a rabbi, hence its not abnormal for him to be married. Sex is not seem as sinful, unless it is outside of marrage, sex is a persoanl sign of effection and shouldnt be given to anyone you meet.