Vision of the Goddess

All things wiccan...
dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

weather report...

Post by dragonflydrummer » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:14 am

It's been Spring in Seattle since February. First crocuses popped on Imbolc. It came early this year as our Winter was unseasonably warm & dry. Lately it's been in the 60's mostly and sunny -- although it's clouded up this morning. We ain't had snow in a long old time... 8-)
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:20 am

It's going to rain in Maine for the next week, but as long as it stops for Saturday, I'll be happy.

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:18 pm

Well all the way down here in Florida we certainly aren't getting snow, but we just got part of that cold front, which made it like 60 degrees last night, which NEVER happens in April here! It's supposed to be like 80 degrees (95 with humidity) from February straight through till late November. The weather is too weird lately. :-?
"Love like you've never been hurt."

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:58 pm

Well, for the first time I was able to celebrate the Summer Equinox and soon to celebrate Lughassadh also for the first time. I hope this thread picks up. One thing about Wicca that has struck such a chord with me is that the ancient Gods have brought reality to me in a meaningful way. In other words how to live unlike Xtianity.

Blesses Be--Social
social
If more of us valued food and cheer and song
above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:17 pm

If I may, how did you celebrate it? I'm trying to blend quite a few different 'systems', I wish to celebrate in some way the Solstices and Equinoxes, but I'm not sure how...

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:13 am

Rockhopper, it is not the question of how but the intent. Take what you know and go with what feels right.
social
If more of us valued food and cheer and song
above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:04 pm

Mm. Agreed.

Although, if you're really stuck, light a fire. :-D It's a ritual in and of itself, also good for toasting.
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:28 pm

Candle-jumping on the Summer Solstice.
Baking bread on the Feast of Lugh.
Walking a balance beam on Mabon.
Goddess -- there's a ton of stuff to do...!

:roll:
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:55 pm

I would love to have a fire for the solstices and equinoxes, but the problem is that I'm at college for most of the year, and such things would likely get me thrown out...

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:35 pm

How about just a bunch of candles then? Bunching them all together may make a mess but it's the next best thing to a fire. Be sure to use beeswax candles rather than the other kind - petroleum, which pollutes the air. It may make a mess because of all the heat generated by so many candles but it smells wonderful, and if you are doing some meditating or Journeying it feels cold anyway, if spirits enter the room.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:17 pm

That is a good idea, I am hoping to get a "fire-permit" that allows me to burn candles and bit of incense in my dorm room... if such a thing still exists at my school.

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:57 am

Oh -- C'mon 'Hoppy! Live it up and light a candle. Rules were made to be broken... :lol:
Freedom is infectious -- who knows where such a daring act could lead...

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:36 pm

lol! Agreed....although having said that, this is the first year at uni I'll be able to light and have a candle burning throughout the night for Samhain!
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")