Vision of the Goddess

All things wiccan...
Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Vision of the Goddess

Post by Rockhopper » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:56 am

I've been known to have little 'visions', I'm not entirely sure as to what to call them. But after the last one I received, I had the distinct feeling that it was the Goddess herself. But this confuses me, if the woman was the her, because I do not follow the Wiccan path, nor does it really appeal to me.

I would describe the vision here, but I don't feel entirely comfortable doing so. Are there any ideas as to what this could mean? Or do I need to describe it?

Luciferish
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Luciferish » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:29 pm

Well without any detail as to the vision itself it would be hard to interpret.. But they are not uncommon, even for folks who aren't 'wiccan'. The feminine aspect of divinity is found in many faiths...
Even the devil's got a lawyer, would you like my card?

Est nullum problema tantum ut usu vis maximae idonei expediri non possit.

Kobak
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Kobak » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:17 pm

yes, luciferish is right, the feminine aspect of divinity occurs in other places besides Wicca. unless you got a distinct impression of "i want you to follow the Wiccan path" from this vision...?
...'tis most evident and plain that simple Nature is the most harmless, inoffensive, and virtuous mistress. 'Tis she alone, if she were permitted, that better instructs the world than all the inventions of Man. --Aphra Behn, <u>Oroonoko</u>

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

seeing the Goddess...

Post by dragonflydrummer » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:08 am

I'd be really interested in what you saw. Sounds like a pretty important vision for you (although I guess any vision is important...) If you don't mind describing it -- what did you see, feel, hear, scent, etc...?
:cyclops: :sunny: :sunny:
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:20 am

Alright, I'll describe it to the best of my abilities... all I could see of the woman was from her shoulders up, she had pale blonde hair, and her skin was very white (she wasn't washed out, just vary pale). It looked as if she was lying down, and then she opened her eyes to reveal this amazing blue color. The vibrant color shocked me and I ended up loosing the image. Also, her eyes were bigger than a 'normal' person's would be.

That's about it. But I'm glad someone's interested :)

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:04 pm

Beautiful image. Was there any expression on her face?
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:13 am

Not that was outright noticeable... it looked as if she was sleeping, and she woke up.

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Rockhoppah...

Post by dragonflydrummer » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:44 am

She's waking up inside of you. :albino:

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:42 pm

I must admit, I wasn't expecting that for a reply, and I'm not too sure what to make of it...

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:38 am

Rockhopper, by any chance is spring starting out where you live?

Cause I've had a fairly similar experience. About three years ago, in very early spring, I dreamt of a beautiful blonde woman who was sleeping, and then woke up. That day, the reains stopped, the sun came out and it hit 50 for the first time all year.

Just a shot in the dark, but you might have been graced with a glimpse of the seasons changing.

At any rate, that's an incredible vision and I'm glad you got to experience it.

BB
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Raven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Raven » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:52 am

Lol... it just hit 50 here in Georgia, only it came DOWN from about 80 <(xx)>

Georgia has no spring, nor fall. Only two periods of time where Winter and Summer argue over who's turn it is.

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:38 pm

It is starting to really feel like Spring, of which I am thoroughly enjoying. After a long Maine winter, 20 degrees above zero starts to feel warm. But yes, the temperatures are now starting to stay above freezing, even at night! :) The spring rains are starting...mmmmmm....rain...

Librarian
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Librarian » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:00 pm

Raven wrote:Lol... it just hit 50 here in Georgia, only it came DOWN from about 80 <(xx)>

Georgia has no spring, nor fall. Only two periods of time where Winter and Summer argue over who's turn it is.
In So Cal, it was 80 at the beginning of the week, 60 yesterday, and it rained today! :oops:

lunaria
Level 5
Level 5

Post by lunaria » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:18 am

Raven wrote:Lol... it just hit 50 here in Georgia, only it came DOWN from about 80 <(xx)>

Very true!

Summer: My turn! (makes it 80 degrees)

Winter: I don't think so, mister! (sends frost)

Summer: Aww, poo. Meanie.

dont ask. I recently woke up. Blech, school.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:18 am

Okay, so how's this for annoying?

PIttsburgh, PA had nearly 2 weeks of 60+ weather, going so far as to be near 80...and then Sunday, it snowed. All day.

IT'S ALMOST MAY, WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO GET SNOW ANYMORE!! :angry4:
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!