wicca and satanism

All things wiccan...
davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:42 pm

I'm fairly partial to the term 'Crafter' which I use synonymously with witch. I don't know if I heard it someplace before, but I came up with it for a book I've been working on for about two years and as it applies, I use it sometimes. But witch pretty much covers the bases, so that's generally where I let it hang.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

incidentally...

Post by dragonflydrummer » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:29 pm

I like magess! =D>
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:23 pm

I think that the feminine to magus is maga (or something like that) :-?
But you have to be careful because it is a high title for the ToS :confused1:

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:48 am

Magess is beautiful and original -- I think it sounds majestic
and it has finesse...

Why not a creative title for oneself -- if you are not needing it to place yourself in a cadre? It sounds eclectic and original -- like something gifted to one from out of Chaos...

"Behold the bright Magess of Avalon!" (heh heh)

:blob4: :blob7: :blob8: :blob2: :blob7: :hello1:
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:56 pm

wow, thank you. I didn't think I'd get something like that for a reply. But it seems original to me anyway, so I figured then people can't put me in any group really. I'm not being all high and mighty, and it is feminine, which I definately am. And you are right, it does have finesse. Which somehow seems to fit me, lol.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

AmberStone
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AmberStone » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:46 am

Referring to the original post I have the same problem myself as do several of my friends. I used to keep my pentagram out of view but as I have become more relaxed with my religion I have started presenting it and it seems that the more I do so the more at ease others become.

As to the questions of titles I could not agree more with the comment that was made on the lack of having one. Genius. A friend and I decided that we would use a separate name for ourselfs during magick in appose to our Christian names (ironic no?!) but to date this has not been put into motion. Otherwise I am me and in my eyes that needs no further explanation and names provide no focus for me. Having said that the term 'sorcerer' does provide some worry for me. It seems to represent 'dark' or 'bad' images for me personally. Origin unknown.

Hope this information provides useful Amberstone :heart:
Nothing is pure black or white there are always mists of grey...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:12 pm

I find the whole "name" thing rather strange. Before the monothiests came along we did not need labels, religion was somethging that you just did, like breathing.
It is only when an alien culture (monothiests) come along that we find ourselves having to find labels. I AM ME. THIS IS WHAT I DO. Does it need a name?
The only reson I can see to attach labels is when you are trying to identify threats. Hopefully no one on this site is a threat to me, so I couldn't care less if you are Pagan, Wiccan, or...(?). Of course the Americans have a history of "friendly fire". Let us, as whatever, not make that mistake. We have enough to do protecting our community from the monothiests. What ever the description you choose we are all on the same side.

Raven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Raven » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:46 pm

Well said Ragnar, but i don't think we should be afraid of Monotheists, they are rarely a threat to us, as annoying as they can be. If anything they should be afraid of US... .which they are.

and why did Aaron change the first post? somebody needs to Mod that.... badly....

Vetle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Vetle » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:26 pm

I think it was hacked when the jokers were prodding about. I had the same thing happen to one of my posts but I changed it back when I noticed.
"I just hope angels in the forest
Saw me praying in my own soul
Death is unfair - That's real pain
Remoun you...Am I almost dead?
I miss my hope; My will to live
My last farewell forever, all alone"

-Anita Auglend

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:20 am

Raven.
Aye I agree that "they" are scared of us. The trouble is "they" are occupying the Reichstag, Whitehouse, Westminster, Palast de Republique, e.t.c. e.t.c.

Aero2600
Level 1
Level 1

Re: wicca and satanism

Post by Aero2600 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:14 pm

Aaron wrote:ALL WICCANS ARE NIGGERS, AND I LIKE TO HIT THEM WITH BASEBALL BATS
Umm.. I'm guessing someone has hacked this poor guy's account and edited his post. Perhaps one of the site admin's should take notice of this..

Aero
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security. -- Benjamin Franklin
Please stop hurting America -- Jon Stewart

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:39 pm

I must admit, I was expecting something to be done my self, but been new here I wasn't quite sure if it normaly took this time or...?
It seems strange that if someone sais S**t in a post they get jumped on at once, yet the above?
Any way, what is this with s**t? Hel, the streets are full of drug pushers, rapists, Ladies of negotiable affections, racist abuse and murder, Sunamis are killing people all over the place, Blair and Bush wanting to go to war for every percieved threat, nuclear weapons going missing by the ton, chemical and biological threats to our nations, "but dont let the kiddys read naughty words, you never know WHERE it may end". Its not the kids here, they probably know more words than the parents. It's the parents need guarding against profanity.
They're the only ones seeming to be embaressed.
Quite frankly I find the quote above more offensive than a whole dictionary of "naughty" words.

Aero2600
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Aero2600 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:29 am

Ragnar wrote:Quite frankly I find the quote above more offensive than a whole dictionary of "naughty" words.
That's the whole point of statement, Ragnar. According to the time stamp, this post was last edited over a month. I don't know how the moderators and admins have missed it.

Aero
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security. -- Benjamin Franklin
Please stop hurting America -- Jon Stewart

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:11 am

Stimmt!
I just thought it is always nice to have suport. That is what I was doing. 8-) .

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:44 am

It looks like that was yet another edit done by the yellow shirt idiot. It fits his M.O.

And Ragnar, we don't 'jump' on people. :-) I'm a big guy, if I jumped on you, you'd feel it. We just pass out gentle warnings, unless the person is causing problems, we're generally pretty nice about it.

Thanks for noticing that. I didn't see it. Should you guys spot anything like that that hasn't gotten Mod or Admin attention, please PM one of us or make a post about it in the General forum.

Thanks again,

BB.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake