Sanitizing Jesus For Capitalism

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:47 pm

I disagree. I think male is a very important part of life. The duality I feel is necessary. The person does not have to actually BE male or female - this is evident in homosexual couples. Each person has a male and female side, although I really do dislike grouping and generalizing, and giving names to something which is ultimately further reaching than the codes we give them.

There is a mistake, I feel, in putting too much deity into one gender over another, particularly if it undermines the other. That is what has been done to the Female, and I would hate to see it done to the Male. Otherwise, we'd all be sitting around with these amazing ideas, nurturing eachother, but nothing progressive would get done! On the other side, what is happening now is we are bulldozing forward, with little time to nurture and create. It's like ploughing the ground, without planting seeds.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:55 am

mischief wrote: I loathe this bloody country,
Welcome to the club. THAT'S why I am now in Germany. :-D

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by daibanjo » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:59 am

mischief wrote: The big news item in the papers in the UK right now is the Archbishop of Canturbury no less, who says the UK should introduce Sharia law. I mean, where the f*** do they find these cretins
http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/wal ... -20456957/
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

mischief
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mischief » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:02 am

And so how patronising does that make the the Archbish of C? Can't even be bothered to actually engage with the real people he's make his big I-Am gestures about.

Bless 'is cotton socks :-)

feelin appier now, found the cider...guess it's back to the party in the newbie room <hic> :drinkers:
"We shape the Gods as much as they shape us" - Mary Renault