Not chosing cristianity

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:16 pm

Kitsune wrote: That was the moment when I first realized that I was pagan and that there was no going back... and that I was happy with my choice.
Good on ya'. :-D

:lol: :lol: I have just thought, what would the priest say if he realised that he was such a rotten christian, that people can be "kidnapped" by Paganism, right in the heart of his own theater? :lol: :lol:

So, "satan would not DARE enter the house of god". Hmmm.

Well there are two ways he (the preist) HAS to look at this; Either we are nothing to do with his kiddy scarer, "satan", OR he is such a rotten priest that "satan" can come and go freely in his church, so he should hang up his costume immediately.

Wonder which he would choose? :-D

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:39 pm

Actually he was the best priest that my church ever had... the youth could better relate to him. However, I could never relate to the faith at all. I always wanted to change it. When I was 13-15 I read the series "Incarnations of Immortality", and my first thought was 'Wow, that makes so much sense... Of course God couldn't do everything on his own... he would need helpers'. I was later told that the thought was close to Blashemy and soon I got in with the 'witchy' crowd in my school. But I will remember that priest as the only one who perhaps I could relate to, even if I couldn't follow his religion.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:30 am

Hm. In general, catholics seem to have a closer relationship with the priest than the "other ranks".

Go to any town and ask ANY local kid the name of the local priest, and they will tell you the priest, his deputy, the lay readers, and the house keeper.

The "other ranks" you would be unlucky if they knew where the local CURCH was, let alone the ring masters name.

I was not getting at any priest in particular, Kitsune, just the attitude of ALL churches in general.

Although, I have said elsewhere on these pages, I have had 90% fewer problems with catholics taking offence at my religion, than I have had from the others.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:36 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound sharp. And I think you're right, the Catholics in general do behave a little better... It's the die hard Christians that I really tend to find are the worst. He was a very positive priest though, and probably a good influence for those who do follow the religion.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:24 pm

I've just learned from my theology teacher that in catholacism faith and beleif are different. So along as u have faith in their god your beleifs dont mean crap. Now having grown up catholic :roll: I know that the way the church sees it as the total opposite. Beleif is all that matters, faith is there for reasurrance.

Those people confuse me more and more each day
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:27 pm

Kelreth wrote:I've just learned from my theology teacher... So along as u have faith in their god your beleifs dont mean crap. Now having grown up catholic :roll: I know that the way the church sees it as the total opposite.
So, have you insisted the teacher explains his/her blatent lies/crass stupidity/total ignorance on the matter?

Teachers, no matter what they teach have a duty to get it right. If they get it wrong, and in the face of all counter proof insist on their pervted ideas, then they should be shot.... ahh, NO, I meant sacked. :roll:

Reminds me f one of our idiot proffessors at Edinburgh uni, Emily "the idiot" Llyle, who insisted I was wrong about the Wikings not using gold as wedding rings, because that gold symbolises death, they use silver instead, the metal of lifew. Her comment?

"I do not bbelieve that for one minute, they never got to South America, so they could not have known silver"!!!!! #-o

What REALLY amased me is that to this day some of the peoople who where at that lecture STILL believe that!" :gib: :gib: [/i]

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:47 am

Well the teacher kicked every one out 10 minutes early due to "lack of energy." But we really had just pissed him off way to much.

Dont worry, he will learn to teacher somethign close to what ever truth they beleive, that or ill just start asking why theres so many different contridications in the bible and other fun stuff :evil:
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Loke
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Loke » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:27 am

Hi there

Happy to see this tread expand to what it is now, I hoped to to get a fair impression about those who frequent this forum and I did.

Personally Im one of those who got babtised and so, more on tradition than faith. In early age I asked my mom (or mamski) about the stuff I was forced to learn about (it was the way I expirienced it). This "undermined" every thing I learned, as the unanswered questions mounted in my mind.

Loke

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:39 am

With me it was quite simple really. It's called saying one thing and doing any other. When you see a sign held up be fundamentalists with the words "Jesus hates you," then you notice priests in the crowds it really dawns on you that it is time to put Christianity back in the toy chest along with all the other disillusions of your childhood.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:48 am

"Jesus hates you".

Hmmmmm. Does that not make him a Satanist?

For; I thought only those who went against "God's teaching" could "hate". Because they did it of "their own free will", and "Own free" will is "Satanist" cus, allthough "God" gave it us, it is only "Satan" that makes use of it.

OHHHHH NOOOOO !!!!, I am confused. I need my bed and my teddy bear. (Who is DEFFINATELY NOT Satanist. Allthough he does have his own free will. :-? ).

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:26 am

OHHHHH NOOOOO !!!!, I am confused. I need my bed and my teddy bear. (Who is DEFFINATELY NOT Satanist. Allthough he does have his own free will. ).
Cute and disturbing

Ragnar, you should post a pic of this teddy bear you keep referring to.

As for Jesus hating, didn't he hate the demons he cast out? Or is it okay to hate demons? Does that mean we are demonic?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:05 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: Ragnar, you should post a pic of this teddy bear you keep referring to.

Napoleon is the one. :-D

Jeramiah is my Wifes "pet" donkey, and (Bear) Lin, is a cousin. :roll:

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:36 pm

*Makes fool of herself in "awwww" fit*

:aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:01 pm

I don't know about Jesus hating the demons. After all your parents can love you and still scold you sending you to bed earlier. Is there really a huge difference here?
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:08 pm

Well, Satan was the only acceptable being to direct hate towards, and his demons had absolutely no hope of being saved, and were the next worst thing to Satan. I cannot remember if it says directly whether or not he hated demons, but it would seem entirely reasonable and expected. His "casting out" was not like scolding a child, or at least it does not seem so to me. Maybe it is the dogmatic interpretations clouding my vision, but demons were the army, Satan the ruler, and so his enemy, not a peer and fellow human, but "evil" and so to be hated.
Crazy Healer Lady