Jesus may have had kids?

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!
davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:05 pm

Very true, Rune.

If he's gone, he's gone. And there's no point in trying to continue the conversation or seek an apology.

And what's a little frightnening is that I think I actually understood your Cajun speak without having to consult altavista. I figure if I stay here long enough, I'll probably learn enough to speak more than just English and passible Spanish.
Last edited by davisherm on Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:49 pm

No, he's just trying to continue it with me. I've read through all the posts, and I agree with Runewulf, Davisham, Kystar and the rest...but he's still trying to insist that his words were 'twisted'. And I've got to put up with this everyday..... he's my housemate. This year will be....interesting....
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:10 pm

PL - should I even ask how a Pagan and a Devout Christian become room mates? :lol:
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:36 pm

ouch.... true dat Stormy

wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:17 am

:lol: strange, isn't it? We both go to the same uni, and I was househunting - they had a room advertised, I took it.....and found out I was sharing a house with Andy!! lol!
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:01 am

Convert him :D (To a nightwish fan that is...;))
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:10 am

I'm trying!! But no-one in my house likes GOOD music - they all like dance and trance etc.... *shudders*

Raven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Raven » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:39 pm

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Trance....

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:21 pm

Not if you like that sort of thing, but personally, I can't stand it! Gimmie Nightwish or Schlemish any day....

Andy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Andy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:46 am

:roll:

It seems there has been a misunderstanding.

I thought that people on this site were saying that Jesus had, kids (which is an insult to my faith), however that was not the case it was quoted from a book.

So I appologise for that.

The part about me preaching, I was not preaching, I was only trying to defend the statment of why jesus wouldnt have had sex, My friends have sex, some are even pregnant, I wont condem them for it, like ive said everyone is entitled to do and believe what they want to.

Ave, you havnt heard the christian music yet, I have about 40 differnt album, and I do a live christian radio show ;)

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:55 am

Andy,

Apology accepted.

I understand that the views expressed in that book are considered an insult to the Christian faith. My family was especially vocal about it, as well. I only mentioned it because I thought it was an interesting viewpoint and something to look at from a historical aspect.

The book itself makes for a very interesting read, but it's mostly a more drawn out version of the article I linked to.

As far as the preaching goes, I just ask that you watch what you say, and how you say it as I evidently miss-understood you and took your words as a slight against this board's members.

Thank you for taking the time to apologize. It's a better world when people of different faiths; faiths that were historically antagonistic - one toward the other - can agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Welcome to the Pagan Library.

Blessed Be.

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:00 am

Andy - I can't say I have, but every piece of music coming from your room is dance/pop/trance....Sorry, but I can't stand that stuff! ;)

Davisham - agreed - I just wish he cold bring the so-called tolerance he says he has towards pagans to his own site, and even into his own home and the Pagan he lives with.

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:56 am

Paganlight,

What Andy does on his own board is his own business. As far as what goes on in the house, if he's not loving his neighbor, that's between him and his God. If that neighbor is you, that's probably something best taken care of in the real world, between the two of you, and not in a public forum. :)

Blessed Be.

Andy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Andy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:54 pm

Paganlight wrote:Andy - I can't say I have, but every piece of music coming from your room is dance/pop/trance....Sorry, but I can't stand that stuff! ;)

Davisham - agreed - I just wish he cold bring the so-called tolerance he says he has towards pagans to his own site, and even into his own home and the Pagan he lives with.
You posted a pagan prayer and then tryed to pass it off as a poem, I reaserched the Prayer it is usually said holding pagan beads, something to do with gathering the Gods!

Ancient God of the forest deeps,

Master of beast and sun,

Here where the world is hushed and sleeps,

Now that the day is done,

I call you in the ancient way,

Here in my circle round,

Asking that you will here me pray,

And send your sun force down.

Andy

Andy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Andy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:55 pm

davisherm wrote:Paganlight,

What Andy does on his own board is his own business. As far as what goes on in the house, if he's not loving his neighbor, that's between him and his God. If that neighbor is you, that's probably something best taken care of in the real world, between the two of you, and not in a public forum. :)

Blessed Be.
I agree!

Thanks Davisherm =D>