A win for the boys (and girls) out there!!!

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:47 am

I've got the whole series on DVD {including the shows not aired} and the movie Serenity. I love it!!!

I never watched it on TV because the timing was always wrong, but when I watched that first episode I was hooked. I really liked the scene where the agent had River hostage and a pissed off Mal just walks in, shoots him in the head and just keeps walking. I loved the episode where River plays the "ghost of Serenity" and messed with that bounty hunter.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:20 am

Those were great episodes. Me and Grimwell have all of those as well.

I used to have the offical keychain that they gave away at the movie release. Unfortunately it recently broke and now it's at home somewhere... :roll:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:05 pm

Kitsune wrote:Grimwell was saying he has to find out more about you now! After all, anyone who loves Firefly that much has to be worth knowing! :-D :lol:
Yay! :lol: I'm glad he thinks so! I have the series on DVD too, they only showed Firefly on the Scifi channel so people in the UK without satellite or cable couldn't watch it :-( My brother bought it on a whim and we both think it's incredible. We did a Serenity RPG a while back too!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:34 am

BROWNCOATS!!!!!

*cough* Sorry. I had no idea I was in the midst of other browncoats!

I have to say, though, my favourite episode is Out of Gas. I LOVE that one. Possibly with Shindig as a close second.
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:36 am

:hug: Browncoat hug! :hug:

Out of Gas makes me cry, I love that episode. I also love Heart of Gold, but Jaynestown is my favourite. It inspired me to learn guitar so I can play the song!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:19 am

He's the man they call Jayne! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally, my favourite scene is the one where Book is watching River all day, and she decides to "fix" his bible. It's broken, you see... It just doesn't make sense! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:50 pm

Jescissa wrote: I guess those 5 points are mine because a) Shepherd Book said it and b) it comes from the Firefly episode 'Our Mrs Reynolds' :lol:
:-? EEERRRMMM! WHAT?

Something that obviously has not hit Germany yet.

Well, at least when I get the odd occassion where a T.V is...."present". :roll:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:22 am

Ragnar, find it if you can... This show rocks! Definately worth watching!

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Dark Waters » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:17 am

FIREFLY TV SERIES DVD

Very Highly Recommended!!!

And although the move can stand alone very well, you get so many more of the subtle jokes after watching the series.

The movie SERENITY

Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

{seeing a whole fleet of Reaver ships coming at him}
The Operative: Target the Reavers. Target the Reavers! Target everyone! Somebody fire!

Jayne: Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?

Kaylee: Goin' on a year now I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries!
Mal: Oh, God! I can't *know* that!
Jayne: I could stand to hear a little more.

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:27 am

Kaylee: Goin' on a year now I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries!
Mal: Oh, God! I can't *know* that!
Jayne: I could stand to hear a little more.
Seriously the funniest show ever written!

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Dark Waters » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:23 am

Like I said the movie and the joke can stand on it's own, but it adds a new dimension after watching the series and getting to know how, uh ... 'senuous' Kaylee is and the fact she became engineer because she was having an 'encounter' with the previous engineer {practically on top of the drive itself when Mal walked in} and ended up solving a problem he couldn't - so Mal kicked him out and hired her.

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:25 pm

Love that series. The futuristic world of a merge between the superpowers of China and the US it's a classic. My favorite bit is Wash in the first episode (pilot) with his toys. lol on the DVD you can see him doing his audition with that scene, no wonder he got the part.

Wash "And we shall call this land, this land."
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:01 pm

Kitsune wrote:Personally, my favourite scene is the one where Book is watching River all day, and she decides to "fix" his bible. It's broken, you see... It just doesn't make sense! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I LOVE that bit! ROFL ... That was so unbelievably awesome that part lol :lol:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:24 am

"Ahh, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
I love Wash. The Wash/Zoe relationship was one of the most believeable on TV, when I read Joss Whedon's notes on the show and found out that the network wanted to drop Zoe and Wash's marriage I was so glad he fought for it.

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Dark Waters » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:29 am

Ya see, now I am in a big quandry.

All this Brotherly Browncoat Love makes me want to sit down and watch the whole series again.

But I also just picked up and watched Babylon 5: The Lost Tales and I also want to watch that whole series again, because that series is just as good to me.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Well, Firefly is a short season and I could probably get through the whole series in less than a week, then start in on B5 - the 5 year {season} story arc + movies + Crusade will take a bit longer.

Oh BTW, if you are a B5er and haven't seen The Lost Tales, I think you'll probably like it. The first story is heavily Christian oriented but still interesting. But what is really nice on the disc is some of the features including touching memorials to Andreas Katsulas {G'Kar} and Richard Biggs {Dr. Stephen Franklin}, who are "Exploring Beyond The Rim".