A win for the boys (and girls) out there!!!

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Stormy

Post by Stormy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:36 pm

morgana wrote:The other night I saw an interview with these people on the news and it even showed them teaching their children to sing these horrible songs that they had written about "fags" and Jews burning in hell. To see such angelic looking faces singing such evil things was like some sort of twisted horror movie, the REAL horror being that it was real life and NOT a movie. :evil:
People like that should have their children taken away from them so that they cannot "make" more carbon copies of their hateful, screwed up selves. Is it not illegal to have a brain-washing hate cult in this country? If it isn't, it should be.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:28 pm

Stormy wrote:Is it not illegal to have a brain-washing hate cult in this country? If it isn't, it should be.
If it was, they'd have to shut down all of the Roman Catholic churches. Most of the Protestant ones as well.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:35 pm

Yeah there is something seriously wrong with the fact that this "church" is allowed to exist at all. I'm all for freedom of religion and speech, but when it impinges on others' freedoms (such as the freedom to not have a funeral interrupted by stupid people slinging hateful words), that's where I draw the line.
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:19 am

Dark Waters wrote:If it was, they'd have to shut down all of the Roman Catholic churches. Most of the Protestant ones as well.
All Roman Catholic churches? That's a huge statement for someone who can't have visited them all!

I agree with you Morgana, I believe in the freedom of speech, but I don't think a funeral is the right place for people to air their protests, particularly when the people concerned are not even family or friends of the deceased!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men