more lunacy...

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:27 am

We were always told that we burnt down the white house too, while we weren't a country yet we were still a colony called Canada. Many of the soldiers had been born here.

Another dark part of history though, our treatment of indigenous peoples and immigrants. Some say that for every mile of railway in Canada, there is a dead Chinese man. Sad Sad.

History is mostly interepretation though. I guess there is a lot of grey.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:56 pm

Hmm. In the town I live in, there is an old school called St Mary's. It was a Native boardind school. It is a black spot in our history.

Now, they have a medicine wheel in the field, and other beautiful things. We have had ceremonies to honour those who suffered at St Mary's.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:18 pm

I have a friend who is an Anglican minister but was born on an Iriquoios reserve and uses traditional healing ceremonies for members of her congregation who went through the residential school system.

I had the argument a week ago with two friends of mine who claim "Indians get everything on a platter" and "If we left them alone they would heal themselves" I guess some people still don't undertand the extent of the effects of having your culture almost completely wiped out.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)