Hillsong

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Hillsong

Post by white_harmony » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:28 pm

So, I was reading this, and its kinda interesting. Just wondering what you all think about it?
By the miracle of YouTube, we can take a helicopter ride over Sydney any time we like with Pastor Brian Houston as he lays out Hillsong's Vision 2007. In a voice that has coaxed fortunes from the faithful, he talks prosperity, vision, growth and God's strategy as the helicopter swoops down on the "beautiful piece of property" Hillsong bought last year in inner-city Rosebery for $28 million.

"I think the finances are where we're going to have to have the greatest faith."

His confidence is absolute that the mortgage will soon be paid. To a sceptical outsider, Houston looks oddly like Spike Milligan with cans on his ears and a microphone to his mouth as he looks down on the suburbs where Hillsong's "state-of-the-art worship centres" are booming already or will soon be delivering the goods for Christ. He shrugs off ridicule. The nation's most triumphant preacher lives in a world without doubt and without dissent.

"Jesus said a house divided against itself cannot stand," Houston reminds the thousands who have viewed this film clip and left adoring messages behind. ("Please come to Sweden! We need 'fire' here!!!!!!!!!") Authority is a big deal at Hillsong. You don't mess with Brian or his wife, Bobbie. "The great strength of our church has always been our unity. A single vision is critical to where we're going."

So Tanya Levin is a problem. She asks questions. She wants explanations. She challenges the vision of Hillsong's leadership. In short, she's trouble.
The rest can be found here - (all 5 pages lol) http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/hil ... 45760.html
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:11 pm

Honestly, it sort of scares me that the level of fanaticism is so high recently. I can't help but wonder if the Wheel of Time is turning back towards another Dark Time.

Between the Muslim Terrorists, the Christian Scam-men, the political leaders trying to cram various types of Christian ideals down people's throats...I am honestly worried.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:46 pm

DON'T PANIC! :-D

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:15 am

Ragnar wrote:DON'T PANIC! :-D
*Hands over a copy of Hitch Hikers Guide* ... Sorry couldn't help it lol it was the first thing that came to mind :lol:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:21 am

Always know where your towel is!

This Hillsong place sounds like Hell. A blank wall of people either unable or unwilling to hear the truth because they're so blind to what's going on around them. I'd rather be shot than live like that.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:43 pm

We seem to be, using a German expression; "Zwischen Bork und Baume", which means something similar to "between a rock and a hard place" (Literal tr. Between bark and tree).

If any one has cause to complain about recent events be it muslim terrorists, or the christian backlash of "This is a christian country", it is us European Heathens/pagans.

"This is a christian country"

NO IT BLOODY ISN'T!

We, are aliens in our own environment.

We know the problems that the Australian aborigines and American natives, among many others, have.

Like them we have stolen land from no one. On the contrary we have been trampled on and had our land stollen from us, by alien middle Eastern cults.

For two thousand years.

LONGER THAN ANY OTHER!

Now we are caught in the middle of two of them who, acting like spoiled children, are trying to divide our land between them.

It is like finding two intruders in your house, the police turn up and arrest you, whilst the two burglars argue about which one should get your family silver.

"Do NOT destroy the lands and lives of my peoples and family because of your personal hobbies, perversions, or religions, call them what you will.
You are quite welcome to stay. You will remember that you are the guest in my house you will abide by my law. Laws as written down in the Eddas. The original, natural, and Heathen laws of the lands you have stolen from US! "

THAT message goes for muslim/Jew/christian alike.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:05 pm

Oh my.

Hillsong is an empire, they sell almost as many CD's and albums as the entire country music industry. They make money every time a church anywhere in the world buys one of their song books.

They have this woman working for them names Darlene Chezch, she is a great singer but I remeber thes praise songs they sang in church...they were just awful writing. The attached song gets sung allt he time, it has no rythm, doesn't really mean anything, and you can't even read it with a beat. And so many songs are like this.

This group flys to churches all over the world and fills stadiums...Christians are paying to go worship...that annoyed me when I was a Christian and it annoys me now.

And don't even get me started on heirarchy, my pastor spent three weeks preaching on why we should be submissive to hoim without questioning...COW CRAP!!!!!!

OK, vent over, long story short, I hate hillsong.

example:
My Heart Will Trust
by Hillsong United
album: Shout to the Lord 2000 (1999)

I'll walk closer now on the higher way
Through the darkest night will you hold my hand
Jesus guide my way

O you mourn with me and you dance with me
For my heart of hearts is bound to you

Though I walk through valleys low
I'll fear no evil
By the waters still my soul,
My heart will trust in You x2

O You counsel me and You comfort me
When I cannot see,
You light my path

My heart will trust in you
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:41 pm

My heart will trust in You x2
`o_O`

Riiiight...
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:40 am

I know, what does that even mean? Grammar People!

God won't love you if you can't form a coherent sentence...isn't that somewhere in the Bible?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:11 am

No, It isn't a rule in the Bible.... :-? :-?

But it should be!!! :lol: :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:03 pm

Mmm I'm pretty sure it IS a rule. Perhaps lost in translation. Something about Jesus sending bad grammar into pigs and the pigs drowning themselves.

;)

BAD GRAMMAR IS THE WORK OF THE DEVIL!!! THE DEVIL I TELLS YA! Hence why it is not allowed on a healing forum ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:42 am

Deuteronomy 11:11

Thou shalt proofread thy lest thee finds thyself cast into the burning pit and yea the ineloquance will be passed from father to father even unto the seventh generation.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:12 am

*snickers*

I KNEW it was somewhere ;) :lol:
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:11 pm

You know making that crap up was easy....
I should start my own religion, willow-anity...

We believe in free cookies and back rubs for everyone!
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:57 pm

Add Unlimited free beer, and I am in. :-D