A new comic....some people...

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 22, 2007 9:23 pm

Jescissa wrote: I think someone needs to tell Mr Chick that we don't hate Jesus.
His cartoon drawing followers, however....

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 22, 2007 10:54 pm

Something is bothering me about these cartoons, aside from the outright hatred bubbling through:

How in this man's world does he get any success aside from preaching the funamentalist word? His artwork is terrible, his plots are just plain stupid... I think he should be flogged. This is bible middle school junk.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 22, 2007 11:14 pm

From what I have seen and heard of the general intelligence of the average bible belt U.S American, these are probably a bit of "High culture" to them, if not a bit above their general standard of educational achievement.

Remember, the U.S army training manual had to be re-written in this style.

Sais it all really about your AVERAGE U.S citizen. (OF which we have NONE on these boards. :roll: :-D ).

P.S, also to be noted. The U.K seems to be rapidly moving the same way.

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed May 23, 2007 12:45 am

Ragnar wrote:P.S, also to be noted. The U.K seems to be rapidly moving the same way.
Sad, but true.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 23, 2007 1:56 am

A two prong problem in U.K, I think.

1) The teachers have to spend so much time diciplining little Johnny for cutting the head off the class hamster, without shouting too loud at him, that they do not have any time for teaching.

2) Government policy of having as many yoikes as possible going to uni. To achieve this, they have lowered the entrance, and pass qualifications so much, that an ape with a hangover could get a degree. (NOT all degrees, and not all unis. I mean "unis" like "Fred Bloggs Uni of the red flag of Oldham", or one of those sort).

The knock on effect of this, is that now no one wants to be railway workers, sewer workers, hotel cleaners, because they now have a piece of paper that sais they are a "Doctor of the history of the Wigan football team".

This does not make them any more able to do more than pack paper bags at the till in Kwik save, or shove trollies together, badly, at Tesco. BUT the Government is now all happy to let them think they have "Atcsheeved a Edukash'un".

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed May 23, 2007 2:25 am

Yup. Bangor has some courses that I think "who would ever do that and why would they want to?", but most of them are quite useful. I like to think that my course is useful, but in truth it is probably only useful if I want to continue down the academic route...which I do, so there's no real problem there...apart from this summer when I really want to get a job and I realise that because I'm doing a degree no one really understands and I've worked for 7 years as a waitress, I have no real marketable skill in other areas!

I think the worst thing the government ever did was introduce Education Maintenance Allowance. Kids get £30 a week for attending school or college to do A-Levels. This is only an incentive to kids who hated school and really needed an incentive to stay. I loved school and stayed on at Sixth Form because I loved my subjects, now they have all the riff raff staying on just because of the money and classes are getting bigger and more disruptive because once the kids have got their money, why do they even need to try in class any more? The quality of education is seriously lacking.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 23, 2007 2:59 am

Jescissa wrote:I loved school and stayed on at Sixth Form because I loved my subjects, now they have all the riff raff staying on just because of the money and classes are getting bigger and more disruptive because once the kids have got their money, why do they even need to try in class any more? .
At my school, we had to go through a regular interview procedure with the head, and house master. We also had to get a good percentage in both our mock exams, and the C.S.Es, as they were those days. It was a bit like trying to get into, a good, Uni.

Now it appears to be no m,ore than an excuse not to have them show up at the dole for another year or two.

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Wed May 23, 2007 4:09 am

Ragnar wrote:Sais it all really about your AVERAGE U.S citizen. (OF which we have NONE on these boards. :roll: :-D ).
That's a complement right? (towards those on the boards) :-?

I kinda figure it is, but just making sure.
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed May 23, 2007 4:16 am

When I stayed on for Sixth Form, we had to be recommended by our teachers and have at the very least a C in the subjects we wanted to go on and do for A-Level, but most teachers preferred a B or above. I know one boy who got great grades at GCSE but he wasn't allowed to stay because he was a disruptive t***!

When it was my brother's year, the EMA had come in and they basically let anyone come along. The school got monetary perks and the pupils got monetary perks...but the education went downhill.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 23, 2007 4:19 am

underlilith wrote: That's a complement right? (towards those on the boards) :-?
Of course.

Our members DO tend to be above the general I.Q level of the rest of the citizenary, no matter where in the world we come from. ;)

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed May 23, 2007 5:37 am

LOL, thank Ragnar.

That is a good compliment for the day

We are somewhat above average :-D LOL

maybe that isn't a compliment based on the average though.... 8-)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 23, 2007 9:16 pm

Willow wrote: maybe that isn't a compliment based on the average though.... 8-)
Ughhh. That sounds dangerously close to discussing statistics. Too early, too early :-?

I think the fact that we are all free thinkers, and have not allowed ourselves to be led blinkered by what is considered "the norm" sais a lot about it.

As Frakenfurter put it "Unconventional convetionalists". :lol: