A new comic....some people...

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

A new comic....some people...

Post by Willow » Wed May 16, 2007 8:05 am

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed May 16, 2007 8:50 am

Did anyone else have a problem reading this propagandic claptrap!

I hate reading these when they hand them out on the street...

I generally just hand them back, or if I can't, I take confort in knowing that me throwing it out will keep it from being thrust into somebody else's hands...

:lol: I have an urge to make a small booklet stating why the summerlands are preferable to hell this summer, and then find one of these guys and hand my booklets out to anybody he hands his to. :-D

I'd have to check the laws though... It shouldn't be illegal if he's doing it, but I'm not naive enough to believe that I wouldn't get the full treatment, even if they'll ignore the Mainstream guy beside me doing it. :-?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 16, 2007 12:14 pm

YAY! To Hell I go

Gotta love the picture with the witch among other "sinners"
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Wed May 16, 2007 9:46 pm

*twitch* *twitch* :shaking:

What?
Really, the tooth fairy and Santa clause will cause little boys to go wacko?

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Wed May 16, 2007 9:55 pm

I fail to see what god did for poor Harry. He sent a chaplain to talk to him? That was ALL he could do? Gee Jesus, I dunno, someone told me you were all-powerful or something. They must've been lying. :-D

I'm fairly impressed that Harry managed to get on the 10 most wanted list. In front of Osama Bin Laden no less. What did he do, kill the president or something?

I like Jamal too. He seems fairly easy to convice. Just talk to him for two minutes and he'll believe anything you tell him!

Personally I think you should have to cite more than one book if you expect to be taken seriously.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 16, 2007 10:15 pm

Question to ask person giving you this.

"If this jesus type always answers prayers, and forgives, why, after all that time of pryaying, did the fairy story in the sky not answer Jamals prayers, and make Harry a "better" person?"

GO HARRY!!! =D> =D> =D>

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Wed May 16, 2007 11:57 pm

Might this be inspired by a new book coming out about some guy named Harry? (one who looks like our pm........ ;) )
/|\

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Thu May 17, 2007 4:13 am

Wow... Umm... I don't know what to say to that...

Maybe i should make my own strip too... :-D

I'll be sure to share it here if i do. :-D :-D
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu May 17, 2007 7:25 am

These comics are made by a guy named Jack Chick, while I read them with fear and trembling as a kid,I now shake my head and laugh.

Everyone worships satan, unless they are his type of Christian.

Anyway, there are other ones. but I just can't believe how ludacrous this is, even for him.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Thu May 17, 2007 8:36 am

That reminds me a few days ago we had some bible thumpers come to our door, And my husband opened the door and He was shirtless and wearing his Druid Sword on his arm (tattoo) and also had his Pent on, LMFAO they couldn't wait to get away from our house, I have no idea why.

Handing out pamplets like that should be illegal , it is solisitation, but the law overlooks it because it it Christian propaganda, I'm betting that if you made a pamplet with Pagan propaganda and handed it out next to the Christian guy, you would be arrested and not the Christian, that is how the world is these days if your not Christian you are not worth the effort, Hand out the Word of God and your fine, Hand out the Word Of the Gods and your doing something wrong.

I'd like to see what would happen, but I don't want anyone to risk it.

Yeah it is kinda funny seeing as how Harry Potter's next book is coming out in a month or so.

SageWOlf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu May 17, 2007 1:54 pm

I don't know how they can think that reading things like that will turn people to their beliefs. But I suppose there are some truly whacked out people out there. As for the door-to-door ones ... When will they ever learn that going door-to-door with religion is as low as trying to sell something door-to-door? It won't work. :roll:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue May 22, 2007 7:52 am

That's the problem, there are dumb people out there... and they will by anything if you tell them that they need it... These are the same people who watch info-mercials and have honestly said, "You Know, I don't know if any of my knives could cut through my boots and then still work on a tomato afterwards... Hey, obviously I DO need that Ginzo Knife!" :roll: :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue May 22, 2007 10:02 am

Gin-Zo! :lol: I haven't seen them in a while.

I am having a great video of a religion infomercial.

you too can have eternal life, redemption and salvation all for the low price of your sanity and a constant mild feeling of guilt.

Act now and we will throw in temporary periods of grace to relieve periodic guilt bouts.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 22, 2007 12:19 pm

you too can have eternal life, redemption and salvation all for the low price of your sanity and a constant mild feeling of guilt.

Act now and we will throw in temporary periods of grace to relieve periodic guilt bouts.
WOOT Go Catholicism :lol:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Tue May 22, 2007 12:38 pm

I really hate the way they draw these children...but you have to love the grumpy witch in the pointy hat - Granny Weatherwax will be pleased to know she wasn't left out.

It drives me insane that simple kiddie things like the Tooth Fairy and Father Christmas are blamed for a kid going downhill. I have known plenty of children who are sad that the big man doesn't exist, but most of us found out in school, and none of us beat up our friends for telling us. It's a rite of passage. It makes Christmas more magical for people who don't actually celebrate it as a religious festival.

That Chaplain Lorenzo is annoying as well. I can't stand patronising people like that...no wonder Harry didn't want to pray with him. Perhaps someone who was sensitive to Harry's feeling of betrayal could have made Harry feel more interested in faith rather than annoy him...and isn't it amusing that Harry is named after that other famous Harry...the Boy who Lived.

I think someone needs to tell Mr Chick that we don't hate Jesus. Hate is a strong word. It's just a lot of us are indifferent to him!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men