I can't believe this...

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:14 am

Willow wrote: In Canada we have freedomm of religiona nd freedom from relgion. you are permitted to practise until it starts to impese on someone elses choice t have nothing to do with relgion
Ahhh. The sort of question that lawyers LOVE. Because they stand to make millions out of it.

Artikel 4 of the German constitution (1) The freedom of belief and knowledge and the freedom of religion and world view are invioble.

It took them years to decide that, that meant the freedom NOT to have religion, and said laweyers made said millions in the process.

Therefore JWs are allowed to stand on the street and hold up their propoganda, but unless they are approached, they are not allowed to "hand it out".

If I had the money, I would also want to take them to court over knocking on my door as well. Under the same regulation.

Strange that on the street my private space is protected, but the privacy not to be preached at on my own thresh-hold is not!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:31 am

Well they can't come in...does that count? If you ask them to leave they have too.....

Would it be rude to put up a sign? No Vendors, Solicitors or Prosyletisers.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:42 am

We do have signs sayng "no adverts", in a strangely "Ragnar" sort of way. :lol:

But it does not stop them ringing my door bell at all kinds of stupid hours. :P

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh God's thats awesome, not to be able to hand out those pamplets saying your going to Hell? :lol: :lol: :lol: , I was offended one night when hubby and I were kid free for the weekend and had the alone time we wanted, we went out to dinner to a nice resaurant and some guy came in off the streets and started handing out pamplets right there in the restaurant, I was mad. If that had been me doing that, I wouldn't have just been asked to leave. As it was hubby and I never went back to that place.
'
SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:50 pm

OH OH Ragnar if they ring your door, answer it naked and tell em you were in the middle of your ritual, they shouldn't come back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: my dad have a jehova's witness never knock on our door again cause he answered in the Buff.

unknown as far as I know

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:36 pm

OH MY! SageWolf! That would scare ANY LDS missionaries away! Although I would only do that as a last resort, when no future boyfriends prospects or close family is around. 8-) ;)

BornoftheEarth
Level 1
Level 1

Post by BornoftheEarth » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:44 pm

I doubt that kind of thing would work though if you happen to be a shapely woman. More often than not, people are more afraid of the nude male form. And justly so. I know that if I did something like that, it might just make those people need counciling, but if my wife were to do it, I'm sure there would be JW's coming and knocking on my door every other day! :lol:
Odin, guide our ships,
our axes, spears and swords!
Guide us through storms that whip
and in brutal war!

-Amon Amarth-

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:43 pm

Try answering the door in a Metallica shirt (you know, the ones with huge skulls etc), tatoo's exposed and a beer in hand......I think they hit the soundbarrier leaving :lol:
/|\

Graver
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graver » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:21 am

BornoftheEarth wrote: people are more afraid of the nude male form. And justly so.
Are you suggesting that us dudes answer the door with our twanger hangin' out? Heh... "Jehovah's Witness Protection." lol
Maybe not?

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:46 am

Graver wrote:Are you suggesting that us dudes answer the door with our twanger hangin' out?
Only if you're comfortable with nakedness :lol: I think the point would be lost if you stood there all sheepish! You'd have to stand all manly and proud of your assets! Shamefaced nakedness wouldn't faze them, but a proud bare-it-all stance would have them running for the hills!

A few years ago my boyfriend would have thought that was a brilliant idea but now he prefers to share his body only with me rather than every witnessing caller :lol:
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:20 am

yep I'm suggesting exactly that, and I believe BOE is as well, although I can't speak for him. :lol: :lol: :lol: or just print out this picture and hang it on your door.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

BornoftheEarth
Level 1
Level 1

Post by BornoftheEarth » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:30 am

I found this somewhere on google. Someone posted this as text to put on a sign for your door.
(Unless you are someone under the age of 12 selling something sweet, like cookies or candy, at a price not to exceed $2.00, for your scout troop, sports team, or church group. I’m sympathetic to child slave labor, I like kids, and I like cookies even better.)

But if you do not fall into that category, I don’t want your magazine because I already have a subscription. I don’t want your newspaper because I already get it. I do not want to pay you to run, walk, swim, jog, jog-walk, swim-jog, or walk-run. I do not want to pay you to cure AIDS. I don’t want to fund your fraternity’s trip to Mexico. I genuinely hope that together we can help stop female breast cancer, and while I’ll be more than happy to give you a free exam, I do not want to pay you to examine others. I do not want a “trial” anything. I do not want to pay you to leave me alone, that’s what this sign is for. I do not want you to keep standing in front of my door, reading this sign in the hopes that I might have posted an exception for your particular breed of leech. If you want my money, feel free to try robbing me. I carry a knife with a 4-inch blade and will gladly extend your smile to your ears. Thank you, and the best of luck screwing over my neighbors.
Odin, guide our ships,
our axes, spears and swords!
Guide us through storms that whip
and in brutal war!

-Amon Amarth-

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:33 am

That is pretty funny.

I like living here, almost no one comes to our door. I had a guy once who said he wanted to buy in our area and asked for a tour, I slammed and locked the door so fast he didn't know what hit him (sounded way too fishy to me...why not got to an open house)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:10 pm

Heh heh heh I love all those ideas ^_^

Am I really the only one who likes reading those awful things that the jehovies give out? Am I so terrible because I'm sympathetic when the sweet little old men want to convert me? If they were younger, or I didn't think they would break if they slipped on my porch, I'd run after them screaming, "YOUR AURA IS BLEEDING!" as is mentioned in another thread ;)

Seriously though, that whole religion just does not appeal to me. In their religion, only a few thousand people can get to heaven, and I'm WAAAAY low on the list of those that'll make it according to their rules. In my religion, we are already one with god(dess). No competition.

And besides: I like birthdays!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:27 pm

I don't care how many pamphlets they shove into my letterbox, I love mormons :lol: Mormons are the sweetest people ever. Well. In my experience, anyway. And South Park has taught us that they're the only people who get into heaven.

That reminds me, I was on the bus the other day, bedecked in black and lace as is my wont, and leaning on the seat in front of me listening to my beloved ipod, and this girl, on her way out of the bus, tapped me on the shoulder and handed me this letter. It said, basically, "I want you to know that god loves you, and that he has a plan for you, and if you take his hand you will be happy forever in heaven. I hope one day (in the distant future) to see you in Heaven ^_^" Now, normally I would be somewhat miffed, but two things stopped that:

1) she didn't interrupt my day. She didn't nag or bitch at me, she was all shy and just handed me a letter.

2) she looked so sweet, shy and genuine when she did it that I didn't take offense. I think she actually meant well. To be honest, I don't think she even thought I was a satan-worshipper or anything... I reckon she thought I was sad or troubled and lacking a spiritual contentment. This isn't so, and I wish I had the chance to set her mind at ease, but I do fear me that that would start some sort of row, so perhaps tis best to just send her a goodwish in thanks.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes