Christian faith in the other good book

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:12 pm

Sacrasm isn't a very effective weapon when weilded in such a fashion.

I was using examples of things that would be impacting in general life, not just in certain circles. I'm well aware of those who came before us who had to struggle day in and day out to make enough food to feed their children and themselves, who had to combat disease and injury with minimal aide from others beyond what they could gain from family remedies. I am aware of the unsanitary conditions that life dealt them, about the unfair and unbalanced societies that meant if a man wasn't able to do the work he needed to, then his entire family suffered. How many people suffered and died because they were unable to make the connection between the unclean situtations and disease? How many died under the Black Plague?

Abuses of anything man does to make his life better are not good...however, you are focusing solely on those things that are negative and are not looking at the positives that the varied sciences gave us.

YOur sweeping statement that Scientists are arrogant and ignorant is a mark that you don't truly understand the broad spectrum of true science. What you refer to is pretty much pure science, science for the sake of science. What you do not include is the science that affects the quality of life to those all around you. What a person choses to do with the life they are given can NOT be blamed on someone who tried to improve things, rather on what they did, themselves. So, you cannot blame the scientists who try to find the most effective way to grow crops to ensure that people are fed for the man who choses to overeat on the wrong foods and suffers from obesity.

Steriods are a useful drug for treating some human and creature ailments, and are only as bad as you paint them if they are abused. My cat, my familiar, my furbaby, had to undergo a steriod treatment for a medical condition, and it saved her furry little life.

Nukes were a mistake, I'll give you that...but what about radiation treatment for cancer? My mother-in-law has throat cancer and is being treated with radiation, which grew out of the nuclear experiments. It will most likely save her life, so that she can see her grandchildren when they are brought into this world. How do you think my father-in-law and husband would feel if that wasn't an option for her?

Man will always have two types of people, those who try to help others and those who try to help themselves. This was true centuries ago, when the Mother reverence was prevelant, and it will be true in centuries when we are nothing more than a foot-note in history.

Yes, there are problems with our current society, but ALL socieites had issues! But smashing down people who are trying to come to a greater understanding for the betterment of all mankind is immature and shows a limited understanding or desire to understand the broader world around you.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:52 pm

I agree.

Graver, you're more prickly than a blowfish.

Every society has problems. And I, for one, want to know why you can only focus on the negative parts of it.

If you don't like any of the modern advancements, then why are you even bothering us here? There are colonies you can go join where they don't use any "modern" technology.

Or is this another case of "I don't like what I'm presented with, so I'll stick my nose in and demand answers to my 'why' questions?"...

Hey, I was willing to tolerate the questions and try to help out, but I'm getting really tired of you taking everything wrong. And if what it takes to make you happy is everyone on this board saying "Oh, we're so sorry, we're wrong and you're right"... Well too bad, you're not going to get it!

So either stop taking everything the wrong way and demanding that we all cater to YOUR definitions of the world. After all, as I seem to remember, you started off wanting to know what ours were...

Sorry if I seem rude, but it's getting me down just to listen to this guy spilling the whole "Woe is me, cause everybody hates me and nobody likes me" crap.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:17 pm

I'll tell you what I love about this whole ordeal, is that anyone that doesn't agree with him/her is a rude, intolerant, hypocrite. I'll tell you something else too, I don't give a s**t. Graver is not the first nor will he/she be the last to tell me what I already know about me. I'm evil, egotistacal, honest till it hurts, and I hold very high double standards and worse I hold everyone else to the same sky high double standards I hold to myself. I'm a pessimist out of love for optimissiam, I refuse to give respect to anyone who just won't read, to fearther prove you right, dear Graver, I'm very intolerent of fools. If your opinion differs from mine, fine, so long as you have a valid reason, but 'just because ______ said so' makes you an idiot, and I am the most intolerant with idiots. Now don't get me wrong, you don't have to agree with me, no one does, just have a good reason, or at least an excuse to believe what you want. So there! I'm an intolerant b***h!!!! But that doesn't change the fact that you're still full of s**t. So what about you Graver? I wanna know your spiritual history, you asked us, so now I'm asking you. What about you?
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Graver
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graver » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:43 pm

I'll go make a thread specifically for that, just for the sake of not spamming this thread.
Maybe not?

BornoftheEarth
Level 1
Level 1

Post by BornoftheEarth » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:12 am

Graver wrote:I'll go make a thread specifically for that, just for the sake of not spamming this thread.
I find that funny because to me, you ARE spam. You havent done anything worthwhile in this thread, or the whole site, aside from show us all, who come from very different paths, who the common enemy is.

The common enemy is IGNORANCE and the willingness to rest upon it, bath oneself in it, and be nurtured by it. You have no will to even try to understand anything other than your viewpoint.

I remember reading something you wrote that basically said(losely translated cuz I didnt go find the actual quote), "if this is how you treat every curious person, no wonder the world is alienated by you". We dont alienate the world, just people like you. People who are blind to only what they feel is right. Honestly, I could care less what you think of what I think. I give up. Its time to move on to someone who is a little more open minded and doesnt think that only they are right.
Odin, guide our ships,
our axes, spears and swords!
Guide us through storms that whip
and in brutal war!

-Amon Amarth-

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:32 am

As far as I can see Graver is expressing his views the same as any one else here.

If you do not like that then come up with a good counter argument. As far as your last sentenc goes, You are not doing much less, if any, than you accuse Graver of.

DO NOT LET THIS THREAD TURN INTO A SLANGING MATCH OR HEADS WILL ROLL. AND IF I CATCH YOU TWICE IT WILL BE ROLLING AROUND A SPIT.

BornoftheEarth
Level 1
Level 1

Post by BornoftheEarth » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:05 am

You're right Ragnar. I let my frustration cloud my better judgement and I lashed out at Graver unjustly. For that, Graver, I apologize to you.
Odin, guide our ships,
our axes, spears and swords!
Guide us through storms that whip
and in brutal war!

-Amon Amarth-