Christian prayer circles

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:04 am

I have been to prayer groups (long ago) where stuff did happen. They will put up protections against demons and temptation, its just that the language is different.

My consolation comes fromthis, the Christian God (as I know him / her) is a God of free will and is a bit kinder than some Christians make it out to be. If they are praying that bad things will happen to you, I doubt God would listen so to speak, how honest would faith be if we only turned to our gods when things were bad. (BTW this is MHO, probably not very scriptural)

I would put up whatever protection makes you feel better without worrying too much.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:16 am

What is it Wiccans call it, "three fold return", or something?

:lol: :lol:

christians playing with chaos magick, whatever next. :lol:

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:55 am

Ragnar wrote:Headology, (sym)pathetic "magic", and utter bollocks.

This kind of "curse" only works if you believe the one cursing has power.

You believe that strongly in christian "magic"? Are you possibly on the wrong web site?

Try, http://wwco.proboards26.com/index.cgi
I do not belong on the other web site. I'm wondering if I should take offense to this implication? :-?
Secondly, I bring this up here because the pagan community here in Columbus is a buzz about it and wanted to encourage some discussion. I personally have not formed an opinion on the matter and wanted to hear what others have to say.

Besides I needed to reboost my wards anyway. Since Columbus itself is a city with a very strong energy...I find myself having to boost my wards more often than anywhere I've ever lived.
I normally wait until the equinox but, it does not hurt.

I do not think that they understand this as a curse since the whole point for them is to "bring back to the fold" type of thing. I find it kind of ironic too. Maybe they feel that if we get hit with the whole brunt of our "evil witch ways" then we will realize our folly and return?

Then again as I stated from the original post: Urban pagan legend. Maybe?
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:18 pm

No Lotus. I was trying, in a clumsy way, to say that if any one thinks the christians have this kind of power then, see that web site, and take heart.

It is SICKLY sweet. :3some: :puke:

You may remember a fundy some time back called "Andy"? It's HIS site.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:58 pm

There have been cultish Christians doing this crap where I live, too. I've never felt their attacks, only the attempted attacks of a man I used to work on.

I think this more than anything makes many Pagans shudder. Some of us still deal with the fear that we are actually doing something wrong, and that makes us vulnerable in a variety of ways. I think the way we react to this information makes a great impact on whether or not we feel the effects of these very ungodly prayer circles.

Gods help those in participation. They will not like what's around the corner.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:58 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Some of us still deal with the fear that we are actually doing something wrong,
Take heart. If the christians think this kind of magical cursing is acceptable, then who are we to argue? :lol:

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:03 pm

Ok, as much as I hate, hate, HATE doing this... time for a lil disertation.

Power is Power folks... what name we wrap it in, what God/dess(es) we call on, what spirits/forces we invoke... this are wrapping and additives... power in and of itself comes from 3 places. Living Creatures (Peoples, animals, etc), Nature, and Diety/the Divine/The Gods/The Spirits/Ancestors/God/Godess/Celestial Beings/Alien Space Bats/Etc.

Now, that being said... Energy raised inside a ritual magic circle is little different from energy raised in a christian prayer circle. The format used it different. The words and gestures are different. But if belief and will are there, focus is there, then they will both work. Energy is energy. It is by and large a neutral thing (until you start talking about accessing certain very specific, already "programmed" for lack of a better term, energy sources) that can be harnessed and put to use via focus and will.

I can sit here and pray for something or I can sit here and chant for it... the difference? One has a cadence... well that and I likely understand where the power is coming from with the chant... it's coming from me, and likely around me... with the prayer I'm trying to link into diety (not saying which one, but they're all valid, cause they all eventually end up at the top of the god/dess food chain) and asking diety to lend me some energy.

Personally, I prefer to work with my own power and the power of nature, but a lot of pagan magick are also invocations to god/dess(es) and spirits, then chanting, visualizing, what have you, to direct raised energy.... which is in essence not much different than what happens when christian magic is properly done... their god(s) are invoked, then they pray (chant) and visualize and pray (chant) and visualize and ask and see it as done and keep going and going and they BELIEVE.... that's a lot of what drives magick.... all it takes is someone with fairly strong will and focus to drive that risen energy to put it to work.

The source of the magick doesn't much matter, I mean, yes, it does, especially when we start talking ethics, sematics, schools of practice, techniques, etc.... but basic mechanics are this.... a basic magick circle as practiced by a very large number of pagans and other groups around the world functions very similarly to an intense christian prayer circle... the big differences is we realize from the get go that it's magick that we're doing and they usually (note I don't say always here, but usually) don't.... but as I said, it just takes one person with tight focus or will in one of those circles to direct that energy that they raise.

So, as much as I'd like to say that those "prayer circles" are total shams and totally useless, the fact is, like any form of magick, they're as effective as they're practitioners or leaders... if they've got one or more folks who can act as a focus to direct what they raise, then they'll work active magick, just like a wiccan circle or hermetic lodge.

Hopefully nuff said... could have sworn we had a post like this a couple years ago.... probably got auto pruned.... damned the auto-pruner for it's evil ways :lol:
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

maximus
On Probation
On Probation

Post by maximus » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:53 pm

hmm, i beleive i am cursed, and it sure as hell works. how can i fight this?

so evil eyes and the like work by making osmeone with a shaky nderstanding of pagan magic, assme worse then what is actually happening, right?

or is it possible that someone put me in touch with a real evil force?