Christian prayer circles

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Christian prayer circles

Post by Lotus » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm

In this area (where I am from) there is a good many Christian prayer circles coming together to pray for the return of pagans/witches/heathens (or what have you). Not a big deal, right? No, apparently they are praying to GAwd to cause us all bad luck so that we would return to the fold.
This is a big topic in the pagan community here as of late about these prayer circles. There are many who beleve that because of these prayer circles is the reason why so many pagans in the area are not doing well.
This could be a urban legend or a result of other mundane factors (like economy or something). Many in the pagan community are claming that if you do not put up some sort of talisman of protection on your front door then you will be hit by the energy of these prayer circles.
I *do* know for a fact that there are Christian groups who are actually forming these Christian prayer circles for this purpose since I've seen the flyers (shown to me by some Christian friends I have).
They are also getting together to pray for political control in the elections coming up.
What do you guys think?
Is the pagan community here being retarted or is there really something we should be paranoid about?

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:21 pm

Christian prayer is as capable of raising energy as a Pagan circle - just because they've no clue that's what they're doing doesn't mean they can't make it work. Just because you don't know how to use a gun doesn't mean you can't get lucky and have it accidentally go off in your hand and kill someone.

I think that if I were in your area, I'd be setting up extra wards and protections.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:23 pm

Any kind of grouping like that is bound to form SOME sort of energy.

Two things to think of right now, though.

One: Karma. What you send out, you recieve three-fold. So if they are sending negativity our way to "educate" or "presuade" us...what will they be recieving when the Wheel turns?

Two: This might be a local or personal circle thing, but I don't know a single pagan, witch, druid or other worker of the ELemental and Aura energies who DOESN'T routinely protect themselves and their dwellings with SOME form of blessing/talisman or Ward. ESPECIALLY as we start to move into the Dark Half of the Year.

I believe that it is possible if they believe strongly enough, they can cause some minor ripples. HOwever, there are ways to combat this.

The first way is passive. A ward known to some as the "Mirror Box". It's exactly what it sounds like...a ward that encloses yourself or your space/house/apartment and reflects negative intentions and energies away or back to the sender. I've set this up a few times in the past when I had a personal conflict with someone who dabbled in energy manipulation and saw herself as a witch...and a type of werewolf. (Thinking of this, I think I need to charge the silly thing again. :roll: )

The Second way to combat this is to calmly inform said friends that "That sounds very similar in design to something a group I was part of did a while ago, only our intent was different." Then start a random disertation on how that idea is fundamentally channelling energy and/or spirits, and COULD be considered a form of WItchcraft at its most basic level. [-X [-X They'll drop that idea faster than a toddler drops veggies in favor of candy!

Personally, I'd go with the Mirror Box just to be safe, and sit back and watch for Karma. After all, the universe only gets slightly miffed when you laugh at someone's own unmitigated stupidity if you can't laugh at your own stupidity. :lol:
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:55 pm

To clarify:
My christian friends are Eastern Orthodox and do get flyers from other churches. Its kind of strange the set up of their church since they do have a decon and a traveling priest (one who is not specifically hired to just one church). I do not know all the in-and-outs but, they do have access to other church flyers even those of different branches of christianity.
The one flyer was put out by the World Harvest Church a-la Rod Parsley that is located in the outskirts of Columbus.

The people "in the know" within the Pagan community here are speaking of a specific talisman to be added with one's own normal wards. I'm in a few of the groups here and just about everyone seems to be a buzz about it. It is said, that this energy of these prayer circles are able to get past normal warding. Not sure exactly why or how or even if this is true.
Majority agree that special steps need to be taken.

I went ahead tonight and strengthened my own wards and adding two compatible ones for specific purposes. I also felt the need to construct personal wards upon my own person.
It cannot hurt and besides Stormy made a very strong point....(thanks) ;)

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:16 pm

Yeah, these people make me feel uneasy. Why do people feel the need to force their beliefs down other peoples' throats? I will never understand it. I hope that their god smacks some sense into them after hearing their prayers, though I'd definitely agree that strengthening your own wards would be a good idea.
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:59 pm

I think I'm about to demonstrate just how I live under a rock... I've never heard of what you're talking about. Is there any more to elaborate on about these prayer groups?

But, by believing in it, aren't you setting yourself up? If you believe that something is out to get you, it might as well be. Like a curse, if you really think that you're cursed, then you are. Just a thought... or two.
Avatar is Feathers McGraw, from Wallace and Gromit's The Wrong Trousers... I love that movie :)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:06 am

Headology, (sym)pathetic "magic", and utter bollocks.

This kind of "curse" only works if you believe the one cursing has power.

You believe that strongly in christian "magic"? Are you possibly on the wrong web site?

Try, http://wwco.proboards26.com/index.cgi

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:34 am

Ragnar, everyone has the latent energy in them. Everyone has the potential to raise energy and direct it. It's not a matter of belief, it's fact.

I don't believe that they have the FOCUS to PROPERLY call up, channel and direct said energy. But, catching the eye of an entity who thinks doing what they want might be funny? Very probable.

I'm not saying be afraid. I'm saying be cautious, since we're heading into the Dark Half. Too many nasty things get shook out of their hiding places due to the season change to NOT be careful about ANY group prayer/meditation/working and their purpose. Especially one that doesn't admit what exactly they're doing.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:42 am

If you do not know it is happening it can not work.

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:37 am

a good many Christian prayer circles coming together to pray for the return of pagans/witches/heathens (or what have you). Not a big deal, right? No, apparently they are praying to GAwd to cause us all bad luck so that we would return to the fold.
What I find funny, in an ironic sorta way, is that this is a classic "curse", "black magick", the end result of "the evil eye". Gotta love hypocrisy, don't you?

Wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:14 pm

Ragnar wrote:If you do not know it is happening it can not work.
Actually, it can. At least until you realize that something is working against you and throw it off.

Been on the recieving end of something similar. Someone I walked away from was pouring negativity on me in a multitude of ways. I wasn't aware that she was doing this until it hit a point in which my dreams started warning me to do something before she got thru my usual wards. She kept trying to call avengers out against me and whatnot, i found out MUCH later. When I had two dreams in a row about her crashing my wedding, I threw up a Mirror box and made a witches' ladder for the attic. After that, the bad luck and negative energy flow just...stopped. By talking to a mutual friend, I found out that she was still talking against me, and was still trying to send things against me, but I couldn't be touched anymore. Of course, she knew just enough to be dangerous and not enough to be wise...so...Shrugs.

Many ppl don't realize that someone is doing something like this until they get a warning from their guides to re-evaluate things.

i still think in this case "Forewarned is forearmed."

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:06 am

Ok, it is America you're talking about....so i suppose there might(on some small, intricate level) be truth to this.
I've never heard of it though.

I almost wish it were true, i do so love a challenge 8-)
Come on, do you reaaaaaly believe a few X-ians praying are a match for anyone of us? Even if they were able to raise enough energy to be a match, they're resolution couldn't possibly be strong enough to use it in a focussed manner.
They are, after all, using magic.
/|\

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:55 am

Kystar wrote: Actually, it can. At least until you realize that something is working against you and throw it off.
All in the imagination.

Some one says the have cursed you, a weak mind will put everything from sun spots, to the cat tripping you on the stairs, to missing Sponge Bob, down to the "curse".
Been on the recieving end of something similar. Someone I walked away from was pouring negativity on me in a multitude of ways. I wasn't aware that she was doing this until it hit a point in which my dreams started warning me to do something before she got thru my usual wards.
And thus, the witch was burned.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:29 am

Ragnar, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

My experience tells me that you don't need to know someone is working against you for it to try to affect you.

You claim otherwise.

I'm not sure how having a Dream sent by a Guide is "All in the Imagination".

And I think I explained that I wasn't told she was cursing me until AFTER the warning dreams caused me to strengthen my wards.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:31 am

Kystar wrote:Ragnar, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
Fair enough. ;) 8-)

Who IS Fairy nuff, any way?