Website

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Website

Post by Willow » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:19 pm

I came across this in my fundamentalism research, I just had to start laughing witht his sentence:
The horned god is a phallic (phallic refers to a man's poo-poo) deity of fertility
anyway here is the link:

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/wicca.htm
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:19 pm

A "poo-poo" none the less :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are some valid arguments on that site though.(however they are presented in a biased way)
1. A polytheistic world-view; usually a god/goddess pair.
2. A belief in "westernized" reincarnation (no moving backward to incarnate as animals, just moving forward to be reborn as humans)
3. A shamanic worldview similar to animism (the belief that all objects have life and souls) which includes strong ecological overtones and often an openness to some drugs.
4. Most are militantly feminist and politically left-wing, even anarchistic; although there are exceptions.
5. A "do your own thing" morality, as long as it doesn't "hurt anybody." This often included free sexual activity at least within the group.
6. An "Aquarian" view of human destiny--the seed bed from which was grown much of the New Age movement--the notion that persons can evolve spiritually through their own efforts and ultimately attain either enlightenment or even godhood.
#1. True
#2. Reincarnation idea: true.
#3. True
#4. True, the exceptions that is. I'd say about 75%+ of all.
#5. I still need to find that group :oops:
#6. No idea, i'm a "Virgo" :lol:

But quite a laugh, tnx Willow
/|\

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:46 pm

It amuses me to see that some groups cant even say words like that. Good brainwashing though, very good brainwashing on their leaders part.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:41 pm

Noo, the word phallic doesn't refer to a man's poo-poo you sicko, it refers to his wee-wee! lol... :lol:
"Love like you've never been hurt."

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:29 pm

katsu wrote: 4. Most are militantly feminist and politically left-wing, even anarchistic; although there are exceptions.
Millitia? Ohhhh, THAT feminist millitia, riiight.

And they had to actually elaborate on what phallic meant? They seem to be refering to the wrong, er, "end" in their translation Maybe. I'm just guessing here.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:24 am

Wow, that's hilarious. As a whole though, don't most pagans believe that to be reincarnated as a duck is just as good a person. Quite honestly, I always just considered it a matter of perspective. More on this after I've had some time to stop laughing, and when I'm not at work.

=D> :lol: Hoo Boy, sometimes people can be funny. I particualrily like that our religion is made up of myths, but Christianity isn't. I'll be giggling like a little girl all day about that one. :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:04 am

Yeah, it is a weird thing that people can be so right and so wrong at the same time.

If I beleived in reincarnation, a duck would be totally on my list of things to be!

As for a mans "poo-poo' I wonder what he would call women's parts?

Probably sinful :roll:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:37 am

I think actualy that site could be banned here under the German constitution.

SO, I have just poped a note to the Bundesverfassungsschutz. (The constitution "police". Just asking a few questions. :lol:

Won't hear anything back. It will just be "unavailable in Germany". :-D

DAMN AND B****R: TOO LATE;

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/filter.htm

By Declan McCullagh
Staff Writer, CNET News.com
October 23, 2002, 8:55 PM PT

Google, the world's most popular search engine, has quietly deleted more than 100 controversial sites from some search result listings.

Learn more about Google

Absent from Google's French and German listings are Web sites that are anti-Semitic, pro-Nazi or related to white supremacy, according to a new report from Harvard University's Berkman Center. Also banned is Jesus-is-lord.com, a fundamentalist Christian site that is adamantly opposed to abortion.

Google confirmed on Wednesday that the sites had been removed from listings available at Google.fr and Google.de. The removed sites continue to appear in listings on the main Google.com site.

The Harvard report, prepared by law student Ben Edelman and assistant professor Jonathan Zittrain, and scheduled to be released Thursday, is the result of automated testing of Google's massive 2.5 billion-page index and a comparison of the results returned by different foreign-language versions. The duo found 113 excluded sites, most with racial overtones.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:17 am

morgana wrote:Noo, the word phallic doesn't refer to a man's poo-poo you sicko, it refers to his wee-wee! lol... :lol:
There are so many jokes that can be made here about why they think it's a poo-poo - like the fact that fundies have their heads up their butts - and that's the ONLY semi-G rated one I can type here :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:04 pm

they seriously banned it eh?

I didn't get far enough in to determine if it was a hate website.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:09 pm

Aye.

I can still get it using your link. But the .de and .fr links are broken here.

It's also mentioned on the Verfassungsschutz web site.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:33 pm

That is insane.

We couldn't read through the whole thing

I am very glad it is banned in your area, Ragnar. Attrocious, offensive, disgusting.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:59 am

I got my copy of the report from the VfS front desk this morning.

Apparantly this site is also banned in Austria, Switzerland, Belgium an Holland.

Brtain however (How I hate that place), allthough having the laws to do it, inciting racial hatred, advocating violence, incitement to murder, etc. They have, being the shower of cowardly wussies they are, decided to do nothing. :evil:

of course Tony Blurr (the truth), would not want to do any thing that would upset his partner in se... (ah freudian slip), CRIME, boy George, now would he?

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:38 am

Wow, how the hell did Bill Shmoe become high magnus of 10 or more covens in less then a year?!?!? :-? What's more is that I've never heard of him.....ever. The only book I've ever heard of him is the one he wrote himself, and if Silver Raven Wolf can publish, then I suppose writers can get away with all kinds of crap. I think he's full of it, but that's just MHO.
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:52 am

Its a good opinion.

Full of crap, spreading crap...pretty much just crap!
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)