Don't mix water with Jo'hos

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Don't mix water with Jo'hos

Post by Arcanum Owl » Thu May 04, 2006 11:23 pm

After an experiment regarding the combination of a 1. water balloon and 2. Jeheova Witness, will result in a terrible mess.

Goes to show what they really think of people.

http://media1.yourdailymedia.com/files/uvUnGGz1paxJ.wmv

Swearing is involved, you were warned.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Firelord

Post by Firelord » Fri May 05, 2006 12:25 am

Like you couldn't tell he didn't like people that much from his body language at first and the way his voice hesitated when referring to the guys as "brother"...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri May 05, 2006 6:37 am

I am REALLY going to have to get a sound card.

Any way I prefer jo' ho' ho's with a bottle of rum.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri May 05, 2006 8:46 am

Personally I prefer mine slow roasted with ketchup.
On the other hand I am not sure if that is real, weird though.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri May 05, 2006 9:39 am

Ahh Willow. I was refering to an old sea shanty which has;

" Twenty men dancing on a dead mans chest. Yo, ho, ho and a bottle of rum", as the corous. ;)

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Fri May 05, 2006 3:46 pm

wow so much for JH being peaceful and stuff

lol

that is funny
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri May 05, 2006 5:02 pm

Ahhh,
and here I was going to invite you over for a BBQ.

Oh well, more for me.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri May 05, 2006 5:46 pm

Wow

Hey, if I had to go door to door converting people and getting doors slammed in my face... Canvassing for the Canadian Cancer Society is bad enough!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri May 05, 2006 6:26 pm

Same thing here,
Canadian national institute for the blind.

I can't believe how rude people are. We don't go early in the morning though
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri May 05, 2006 8:31 pm

ERR!

I cannot stand being treated like a telemarketter when I am trying to do something good. One lady was very rude, and, pulling out, I muttered, "Yeah, just wait until YOU get cancer!" Really, how can you be rude to someone collecting donations for something like cancer or blindness? That's like slamming the door in the face of a little kid asking for money to go on a trip with their class. How many little kids, monsieur door-slammer, are in the hospital with cancer or are living their lives blind? How many children lose a parent (or two) because of these horrible diseases? Yes, you slam that door. And I'll still give you Reiki for free when you are diagnosed as terminal. :evil:

Now going door to door converting people... I'll say they don't deserve water balloons nor even really the time of day, but we're all human. After a rough day and many unsuccessful attempts to convert the sinners, someone throws a water balloon... Mind, he was a real big jerk about it, p***ed off from a bad day or not.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Fri May 05, 2006 9:55 pm

Cancers strange actaully, well to me. Its more of a mutation than a disease. One can develop cancer even if they live a healthy clean life, just the way their genes mutate over time.

Ok so strange to me, i think about science waaaa to much
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri May 05, 2006 10:15 pm

Re door to door collections.

The responsibility for the health of the masses lies with the voted executive. Not with the workers. We elect them to ensure the efficient running of the means of production, not to delegate their responsibility's to the proletariat.

I am getting about 200 per week of these begging requests. Either as spam, by snail, by people waking me at all hours of the night on the telephone, people selling cheap and nasty "news" papers on the tube, or just shoving an often filthy cup under your nose and demanding a "few cents". When said cup allready contains what amounts to my monthly salary.

Talking to some police friends of mine, a good 75% of these pan handlers are "making" €300 > 400 per week. During the "love parade", or other large festivals, they quiote often collect €1000 plus per week. EACH. (Welfare is €360 per month (which they get AS WELL), average pay is €400 per month for 8 hours per day, no breaks, and 5 to 6 days per week.)
That's like slamming the door in the face of a little kid asking for money to go on a trip with their class.
Damn right. Where are the parents? Why should I subsidise some jerk earning twice what I get just because he would rather buy a new mercedes, or spend all day in the pub?

I am sorry, and I know you mean well. But I can end up by not being very nice to charity workers as well.
Last edited by Ragnar on Fri May 05, 2006 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri May 05, 2006 10:16 pm

It is strange, and it is scary. I wholeheartedly believe that all disease and injury stems from something emotional/mental, which originates in Spirit, which is a product of feelings of separation from the Divine. NOT the same as the whole Adam and Eve Kicked Out of the Garden and We Are Being Punished scenario. Sometimes, also, lessons must be learned out of them.

Cancer is one of those things that routinely shows evidence for this way of thinking. It can have no apparent cause, and it can "miraculously" heal at moments of Divine Inspiration and during energy healings.

You can live your whole life eating the healthiest foods and drinking plenty of water, with minimal exposure to carcinogenic substances, and still get cancer. I don't think it is a matter of chance. No way.

Ahh, Ragnar, you posted while I was writing this.

I can see your point. Nothing to fire back with, other than, "But we're trying to be good little girls, mommy, and those bad people were mean to us," and the fact that on a rainy saturday afternoon, walking up the stairs to a well-maintained and dare I say rich home, I think they could spare $5 and even if not, just not be rude.

I do hear where you are coming from, though.
Crazy Healer Lady

Tagwen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tagwen » Sat May 06, 2006 5:46 pm

Crazy Healer Lady if cancer is a falling out with the Divine Spirit, giving money to cancer recherche means nothing. All it would take is a bit of Reiki, OBE and self honesty.

It would be nice to remember that cancer was rather uncommon before and now something like 50% of Canadians get one form or another (and that excludes glasses). Maybe today's society is creating riffs withing are soul? Maybe becoming pagan is the cure :lol: .

back to topic =} Jehovah witness do what they believe is right. You have to be great person to have a faith system where you are to be nice and respectable, and not expected to get a after life. They just want people to see the glory of God. Pagans it just God-Goddess and Spirit which Christians just refer to God or the Holy Trinity.

Personally, I find them admirable.
I might be weak and pathetic, lacking resolve and full of arrogance mistook for confidence. But am walking forward thus I can hold my head high.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat May 06, 2006 11:15 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: I think they could spare $5 and even if not, just not be rude.
Aye. We all know you here, and I would put $5 in your collecting tin too. cus your a nice person, and I know your not ripping me off, going round the corner and buying cheap wine with it.

But no one got where they are today, by doing that 200+ times per week. Or, on second thoughts, maybe they did. :roll:

Plus ANYONE coming to my front door, no matter what it's for, get told to go away in NO uncertain fashion. The same with the telephone.

My door is to enable me to get in and out of my house. It is not for other people to knock on. If they do, I reserve the right to tell them EXACTLY what I think of them. :evil:

I never use the phone, (I do not even know the number), so any call is just answered with "GO OFF!" Before they even have chance to say who they are.