March Fundie of the Month

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:07 am

I understand, hun! *huggles*

That is incredibly awful, though! And I agree with AB 100%.
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:13 pm

Na. It seems to be a problem with one or two of the boards.

Normaly the cursor should return when it gets to that big grey line. It appears not to be doing in some cases.

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:24 pm

Artemisblessed wrote:sorry, i just get so emotional when it comes to people telling me (well, not ME, but women) aren't good enough and the only way they will be good enough is to be part of a man.
I don't believe that the intention was as sexist as one might think. Because, presumably, the reverse is also true: a man is only a real man if he's part of a woman.

Fundies aside (all fundies, regardless of religion, are just dreadful), Judaism is a very interesting religion, and there is vastly more to it than being a sort of "christianity without jesus".

On the sexist theme: consider then the jewish tradition that one is a jew by virtue of having a jewish MOTHER. (and from what I can see, most mothers appear to be female ;) ).

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:12 pm

Perhaps I did not look through this site enough but, I really do not see the problem. :-?
They have their views and we have ours.
Just because they believe that women are not equal does not mean that women are being abused in any way here.
Now I am a feminist and disagree completely with their views but, they have the right to hold them. Anyway, it is the fault of women for putting up with it.

I looked at their views on abortion and birth control. It is very conservative but, they do not make the mistake of giving an absolute "no" like the catholic church does.
If a woman is not ready to be a mother then it is fine for her to use birth control.
Obviously they respect women enough to understand fertility rights. =D>

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:46 am

From the Jewish familys I have met, it is most deffinately the woman that is the boss in the house. Regardless of what the men like you to think. :roll:

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:02 am

Or as my Dad says - "I'm the head of this house, and I have my wife's permission to say so." :lol:
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:59 am

Ahha. My Grandfather allways used to say "I get to make all the important decisions, like whether we should have nuclear weapons, or if the present Government needs kicking out. My Wife decides all the unimportant things, like how much money is left in the bank, when to pay the mortgage, whats for dinner and where it's coming from."

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:53 am

My dad has to clear stuff with the "tower." The "tower" being my mom lol.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:05 am

Lotus, I agree with what you say about
They have their views and we have ours.
but I don't agree with this:
Anyway, it is the fault of women for putting up with it.
For one thing, those who are raised in an Fundy environment with conservative views on women feel they have no choice in the matter. If they go against it, they're going against their god.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:24 am

Lotus wrote: Anyway, it is the fault of women for putting up with it.
I missed that one on first reading.

Is that not like blaming the woman for allowing her huband to beat her up every Saturday night? Or for being dressed "to provocatively" when attacked in Central park?

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:32 am

I don't believe that the intention was as sexist as one might think. Because, presumably, the reverse is also true: a man is only a real man if he's part of a woman.
i never thought of that. :oops:
consider then the jewish tradition that one is a jew by virtue of having a jewish MOTHER.
really? i never knew that before. that's interesting...

i always thought that the jewish faith was interesting, but i never knew too much about it. i wasn't calling ALL jews sexist or anything. matter of fact, i'm not calling ANY specific religion sexist. i just don't like to hear it from any individual or group. if it's possible, even on the internet, i'd like to take back my insults, for i have seen the light. 8-)

:opens arms upward to receive light from ricketty spotlight that i like to pretend that no one can see:
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:53 am

Artemisblessed wrote:
consider then the jewish tradition that one is a jew by virtue of having a jewish MOTHER.
really? i never knew that before. that's interesting...
It is still so in modern law. In any court case where religion is an issue, the religion of the child is considered to be that of the Mother.

That is why it is so easy for a Father to gain custody when the Mother is Heathen/Pagan. It is an easy step to prove to a christian judge, that the Mother is therefore incapable of bringing the child up as a "decent good christian".

When a Man is Heathen/Pagan, he may as well forget custody, or in some cases, even visiting rights, for nigh on ever.

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:27 pm

that's crazy.
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:11 am

Artemisblessed wrote:that's crazy.
And that's the modern world, sadly.

Look back a few months and you'll find a post about how a judge ruled that a Pagan couple who'd gotten divorced could not raise their son to be pagan. It will eventually be overturned by a higher court as the government should have no right to decided what your faith should be, but a Christian Judge decided that it was wrong for the child to grow up in a Pagan path, so he made that ruling. Pure bunk, if you ask me. But of course, I'm jaded.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:43 am

I fail to see the logic in taking a child away from its Pagan parents. And then placing it with "good xian parents" when the second parents have a higher chance of beating the kid and only making the child a die hard fundie in an attempt to make up for the parents "sins"

then again i know why there is no logic in that, they posses no logic, no rational mind, they are minions to their own creation
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...