Fundies Not Funded

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:46 pm

You may be right about Africa. But Is it a "muslim" thing, or have those parts of Africa allways done it?

Allthough, if memory serves me right, some Arab tribes do circumcission as well. But then...They ARE African.

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:54 am

Personally, I have never understood this circumcision thing - be it male or female; jewish or musilm or whatever..

In most australian states you will be sent to prison for docking a young dog's tail (such as is (was) the fashion with poodles, boxers, rottwilers etc etc.).

But mutilating a young boy's penis is perfectly OK, it seems.

Idiots.......

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:00 am

Aye, it seems that in some areas animals are much better protected than humans.

An old friend of mine was a nurse, and used to say "If a dog is in advanced state of rabies, they shoot it, if it's a human, they see how many chemical filled tubes will fit, until it is dead". :evil:

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:48 am

uhh human circumsicion comes from one f the judai-christian prophets having a cannabis incuded revealation from god telling him to cut it off.

female circumsision is used as a form of control. they cant feel pleasure and thus are weaken more. they then sew that reign up leaving only a hole teh size of a pencil eraseer for pee and menstral fluid. when the girl/women gets married the husband cuts the skin over the area, does we he has too, sews it back up, then if shes pregnate cut it again even more. then sew it back up after birth....very civilized wouldnt u say? :evil:
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:04 am

OK, lets be honest here,
odds are moses didn't do pot, I don't even think cannabis can grow in the desert, and he likely didn't have hydroponics. Why is moses trance different than a trance done by a shaman or any less valid? Whether or not I disagree with the religion I need to respect them a little.

The act of circumcision predates Judaism and Christianity. There are many tribes that do it at the initiation of a boy into manhood (the ceremony in a south American Tribe is fascinating).

All religions, have the potential to repress women and control sexuality. Hinduism, Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Islam, Sikhism, Judaism, Confucianism, even native and tribal religions can be oppressive. Pretty much any institution or organization can become oppressive. It is just part of a larger part of the power struggle within humanity.

As for female circumcision, also known as Female Genital Mutilation, it is widespread through Muslim and non-Muslim countries found all over Africa and some parts of Asia, the middle east, parts of Europe (and not just because of immigration). It ranges from making a small nick on the clitoris of a baby girl to completely removing the inner and outer labia as well as the clitoris and sewing them shut. The actual stats are not known and a lot more research has to be done.

And I am sorry if I sound snarky, I am trying really hard to take the Christian jokes and laugh at them, but ultimately there does need to be a little respect as not all Christians are bad fundies (I hope I am some evidence of that) and there is a lot of good stuff and bad stuff in the Bible. Same as in every religion and in every people. What the individual does with the message is more important. I don't mind critiquing as long as it is educated and done equally across the board.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:34 am

Willow, Canabis does grow in the Middle East, nd is a native plant there. Red leb (Lebenon), Morrocan gold seal, for two. The "Assasini", were renouned for getting stoned on it before battle.

And just why moses entered into this I do not know.
Kelreth wrote:uhh human circumsicion comes from one f the judai-christian prophets having a cannabis incuded revealation from god telling him to cut it off."
Is the closest you get. OR was there only ONE judo/christian prophet?
Willow wrote:I am trying really hard to take the Christian jokes and laugh at them,
What jokes? I can not see any one being anything but serious here, about a serious subject. Or do you find it funny?
Willow wrote:not all Christians are bad fundies
What do you expect on a board named "Fundies"?

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:47 am

no my comment about the one prophet was cause i coudlnt remember his name

and there was cannabis and it was used by moses

http://www.freethoughtmedia.com/storage ... olence.mp3

I realize that all christains arent bad, most of my friends here at college are christains, they go to mass and follow the creeds of the bible. They are good honest people who want to help others. Sorry that I generalized, when i start to categorize people i confuse who ever is talking to me normally.

this is basically how i see xians

"christians" people who go to church, follow the creeds and are good honest hardworking people who just want to make it in this world and help others.

"fundies" are well fundies

i cant really categorize any others because they are so wide ranging thier own personal beleifs that i feel bad for having 2 categories already.

i still follow most of the morals and ethics of xianity, i beleive in honor and respect two things that are prevelant in jesus's teachings. While i do not beleive in thier god, i beleive in their message, humanity has to treat it self nicly and openly. People who dont follow that ideal confuse me. But no matter what I type on teh boards. I do not hate "real christians" and those who follow the creed no matter what they do. I beleive that honor and respect (and chivalry) at times are more important any specific god a person follows.

im sorry if it seemed like i ripped on you or any one u know willow.

i know im not perfect, i dont claim to be, if it seems like it smack me around a little so my ego goes away, it likes to inflate every now and then
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:07 am

No its not you Kelreth,
and I know this is the fundies board. I guess claiming that moses was on drugs when he created his religion got to me. It could be said about the founder of any religion. No personal offense in tended.

I have also learned about something new, I didn't know cannabis grows in the middle east.

I can't get that link to go up. I know that hemp oil was used in the anointing process, but there isn't really any evidence he was on it while writing the laws (that would be quite a long high). I stand corrected about the hemp, but isn't hemp a different plant than the stuff you can smoke (pardon my ignorance).

And Ragnar, don't get too defensive, I am not personally attacking, you know that we have made jokes in other discussions and on other boards. I joined this board a long time ago because of its inclusive nature. Lets bash fundies until the cows come home and even poke the occasional joke at God, i just think we should be clearer (myself included) on making the distinction between fundies and regular worshipers.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:10 am

Kelreth wrote: i still follow most of the morals and ethics of xianity,
They are similar to Heathen/Pagan morals and ethics. Except WE do not have such things as "not suffering a witch top live" among others. Plus they are ours, not that of some minor desert tribe that got on their high horse and decided to enforce their veiws on the rest of the world at sword point, and stake, then turn around and wonder why some people do not like them very much.
Kelreth wrote: i beleive in honor and respect two things that are prevelant in jesus's teachings.
They are MORE prevelant in the Eddas, Havamal, for example, and the Mabinogian of the Kelts.

And WE were here first. We do not impose our faith on others, as some religions I could mention do.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:18 am

You are right Ragnar, there are things more and less prevalent in different religions.

Maybe we should all just learn from each other.

Just have to get past this my way is the right way thing.

Goooood luck, why do I study what causes me so much grief!
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:40 am

"Goooood luck, why do I study what causes me so much grief!"

Who was it that said "If it doesn't hurt, it's not working"? :-D Hypocrates? Or was that a comment from "Venus in furs" :-? :-D

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:46 am

Male circumcision was used to "cure" masterbation, originally.

Didn't work.

Personally - I'm sorry you uncut men! - I don't have much of a problem with male circumcision. The guys I've talked to who are circumcised are proud and happy they have it this way.

Willow, it's good you speak up.
My fur stands up when I hear insinuations about Jesus, but I bite my tongue, mostly because what I believe of him is not based on anything written or tangible and I have no arguments.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:20 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: My fur stands up when I hear insinuations about Jesus, but I bite my tongue, mostly because what I believe of him is not based on anything written or tangible and I have no arguments.
To us, he is just not relevant. Why should we bother at all about, a character that means nothing to us? :-?

We do not go around every day worrying about what the Buddha, or Krishna, or some local councillor man in deepest Wyoming (Australia OR U.S, take your pick), or pissed Arthur down the pub said. So why think about this figure at all?

When we are forced to take him into consideration is when his followers do something against us. Has he done any thing to stop them?

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:21 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: .......Personally - I'm sorry you uncut men! - I don't have much of a problem with male circumcision. The guys I've talked to who are circumcised are proud and happy they have it this way.......
Of course. In much the same way as people who whave had their eye-lids surgically removed say they are happy with the results, and that it has improved their eyesight.....and their general appearance. ;)

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:16 pm

Ragnar wrote: To us, he is just not relevant. Why should we bother at all about, a character that means nothing to us?

We do not go around every day worrying about what the Buddha, or Krishna, or some local councillor man in deepest Wyoming (Australia OR U.S, take your pick), or pissed Arthur down the pub said. So why think about this figure at all?

When we are forced to take him into consideration is when his followers do something against us. Has he done any thing to stop them?
He was irrelevant to me a few months ago, too. And yes, why should you be bothered with a character that means nothing to you? Truthfully I see the Jesus presented in the bible and most churches to be fictional, loosely inspired by the real thing.

I am not saying it's YOU GUYS who make my fur stand on end. It's actually the people I've encountered lately. Anyway, he's part of my belief system, much like you have your deities, which are of no relevance to me 8-)
Rain ForestMoon wrote: Of course. In much the same way as people who whave had their eye-lids surgically removed say they are happy with the results, and that it has improved their eyesight.....and their general appearance
:lol: <--- all I have to say
This really is a subject that people like me should not touch with a ten-foot pole...
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG