Fundies Not Funded

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:48 pm

Hair? pfff more crap from teh church

Lightening i dont relaly know how else "god" could smite some one and have every one else know and some church people talked about lightening and stuff. I have heard stuff like that though

I dont think there is any part of xianity, well the fundie parts that dont have Hellfire. HELL BURNIGN PAIN FOREVER, WE ARE RIGHT OR U BURN! Crap like that? yes but more subdly
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:53 pm

Lightening i dont relaly know how else "god" could smite some one
Lepresy, the Plague, maybe a house falls on them, etc etc 8-) Not always literal smiting, unless he reaches his long arm down and flicks you.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:23 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: How can you type with all that hair on your palms, Kelreth?
THATS BAD! :lol: :lol: Obviously not clicked yet. :-D
Rain ForestMoon wrote:
Artemisblessed wrote:
hey, Rain ForestMoon, I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!!!

?????? please explain
It's a "Malopropism". A woman in some play (I think), who got all mixed up when trying to sound posh by using big words. She allways used a word that was JUST similar enough to convey to the audience what she meant, but in a humourous way. "Mrs Maloprop" was her name.

"Resemble", in this case = "resent". But I think it was seriously "tongue in cheek", and NOT meant as a complaint by Artemisblessed.

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:05 pm

no dont worry it clicked 8-)

[quote=bible thumper]bu...t but... but... from what I learned in my torture at xian U, was that god smited those who did wrong openly as to warn others from being sinners[/quote]
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:29 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: How can you type with all that hair on your palms, Kelreth?
0_0

And here's me thinking you were a nice girl!

In regards to the original topic, well, I don't say that I have to drink to follow my gods...........but it'd be really hard to have a sumbel if you're abstaining. :lol:

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:57 am

0_0

And here's me thinking you were a nice girl!
Well... I can be a nice girl and have my bad moments... right??

And Rain ForestMoon, I cannot speak for Artemis but I believe it was a joke to
I did not mean this to sound anti-american, though.
^___^
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:56 pm

I was told by my mother to tell her and she'd take me to the doctor. What actually ended up happening was I was 18 & stayed at my boyfriends house watching movies too late and couldn't get home by bus until morning. That morning I got home at 6:45 am. My mother didn't say anything until the weekend when she was talking with my elder sister and said something like "Staying out all night, screwing around". I was actually rather irritated, because I hadn't even slept with him yet, and being basically called a slut by her pissed me off something fierce....

(sorry for the bluntness, it just makes me mad to think about it...Grrrrrrr :evil: )
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:08 am

I know the feeling Kitsune. My ol' man tried asking me to 'date' (I use the term loosely) a few of his friends once or twice. I seem to remember telling him something like since he was older then I was, that he needed sleep way more often then I did and something about not waking the next morning. I don't remember exactly, but he never mentioned it again, so I guess he got the hint. ;)

On a side note, when they first found out they put me on the pill. It was kinda funny, dad asked if I was still a pure virgin and I said of course not and his mouth was on the floor for what seemed like forever! HAHAH :lol: Of course I told them not to worry, that I had used protection and he like and idiot asked where I got it, like every gas station in America doesn't carry Trojan! HA!!

I really don't think being a virgin is really as important as ppl seem to think it is. I think the main thing is to be with some one you love, or at least not regretting it. I don't speak with my first and I'm glad I don't, but at the time I loved him dearly and still do alittle, I guess he'll always have a little chunk of my heart, but not enough for us to ever be together again, learned that lesson the first time. Any ways, we don't speak, but the whole thing taught me lots, I don't think I could ever regret it, even if 30 years from now my doc told me I have Aids or HIV that's been dormant for 35 years, I still wouldn't regret it, as it could have been way worse, like rape or worse, all in all I think I was one of the most educational things I've ever learned while skipping school. heheh :lol:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:53 am

xians phobia of losing virginity is all wrong any way. there is no hebrew word for virgin and no one knew what mary was talking about (this of course presuming she did exist, in which case there is evidence to a mary being raped by roman soldiers) So the xians kind of just put that word in there. And in the old ages, virigin meant young women or something along those lines.

Thus the xian world's oppsoession in copying the virgin mary and being like her is well place at worst. And horribly fullfilling at best.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:33 am

Kitsune, I would blow my top if my mother ever said that.

You know, I was afraid that if I lost my virginity that I would not be able to see the spirits in the forest??? :lol: Gods, thinking of it now I laugh but I also mourn the fact that I would repress myself so, and still, so this is one of the big things I must deal with.

Gah, I am no longer pure! I am tainted!

Hmmm. The forest spirits have not abandonned me. Yay!

*sigh* It's not just Xianity, either. I was not taught by a religion to be ashamed of my sexuality, but by my fear that this is what my parents wanted, that this is what society wanted, that girl parts are ugly and shameful, that a girl who enjoys sex is a slut. Of course it's the Xian fundamentals that pervade our society and make it this way, but it is not directly their fault in my case.

The whole thing is wacky. I need a drink.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:36 am

The notion of repressed sexuality is from the Judai-christian religoins, judaism is not nrealy as bad, but xianinty has its aggervating little things. and islam welll....id rather not talk about that, its abhorent

i never understood why xians didnt like sense, even when i was one it didnt make sense to me. the not having kids early makes sense but the rest of it just didnt.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:38 am

Kelreth wrote:judaism is not nrealy as bad, but xianinty has its aggervating little things.
Hmmm well, it is the jews that have the rule that the woman should be covered at all time, even in front of the husband, and for reproduction purposes have a special covering with stratiegic gaps.

Which is actualy MUCH further than the muslims go.

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:34 pm

really? what about the parts of africa that cercumcise women?

i didnt know that about judaism, from what ive learned in my forced theo class is that they are more liberal about sex. mainly that they cna have it on teh sabbath and feel pleasure, unlike the xian ideals which say no pleasure

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:14 pm

Kelreth wrote:really? what about the parts of africa that cercumcise women?
What about them?:scratch: :scratch:
Kelreth wrote: from what ive learned in my forced theo class is that they are more liberal about sex.

The tutor obviously knows nothing, or chooses to ignore, orthodox Jews. :roll:

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:13 pm

O well my prof isnt really anything as far as i can tell.

i thought that the parts of africa that circumized women were islamic