Fundies Not Funded

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:09 pm

I didnt mean that moses was a stoner and such.. But rather that Xianity had shamanistic origins and only later was it turned into what it is today.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:44 pm

Ragnar wrote:"Who was it that said "If it doesn't hurt, it's not working"? :-D Hypocrates? Or was that a comment from "Venus in furs"

:lol: :lol: It's not explicitly mentioned, but implicit in the text anyway.

p.s. Still laughing. ahahaha.

EDIT: And I think circumcision is a bit creepy really. I find it hard to reconcile the idea that the gods demand a small part of your genitals upon coming of age :-?

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:15 pm

I didnt mean that moses was a stoner and such.. But rather that Xianity had shamanistic origins and only later was it turned into what it is today.
Indeed Xianity had Shamanic origins, as it can be argued that every religion has such. OBE's and Journeys by prophets and such were valued in the society, and Shamanic healers were - and, to an extent, still are - put to good use.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:45 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Shamanic healers were - and, to an extent, still are - put to good use.
You are all too modest C.H.L. :-D