Fundies Not Funded

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Fundies Not Funded

Post by Kelreth » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:43 am

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/23/absti ... index.html

Dur a abstinance only program funded in the US will have a severe case of the Xian epidemic.

Good name idea Ragnar
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:19 pm

I'm glad people in the government are finally realising where their money goes when they fund these sort of things. :-D
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:23 pm

Good one Kelreth.

I am allways susicious of these "abstinance" groups. With them I put your example, obviously, but "Alcoholics anonomouse", etc.

They all have an unhealthy attachment to "god", singular, obviously christian.

Similar to the boy scouts.

Thier normal reasoning is; well we do not say which god in particular, so you can pretend that we mean yours.

"NO I BLOODY CAN'T. YOURE "god" may be quite adept at playing "dress up", and YOU are obviously endoweed with a vivid imagination, BUT MY Gods are NOT some imaginary supernatural Barbie doll."

But when they are asking for government funds, the Governments follow the argument hook line and sinker. :evil: :evil:

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:34 am

its been shown anyway that abstiance only doesnt work

the US is a prime example, we have the highest teen pregancy rates. Why? Because we are not taught what contreceptives are and how to use them at all. All we find out is that condoms help reduce chance of STDs and the chance of pregnancy. Thats it, fricking pathetic, and then the holy rollers go off talking about how people need to learn to control them selves and crap. Never once thinking they could be the cause of all of crap thats going down
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:36 pm

In the education system where I live, we are taught sex ed in grade 6, 7, and some kids in grades 8, 9, 10 as well, usually as part of CAPP class. Mission city has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in our province.

I do completely agree that there needs to be adequate education for kids and it does help prevent teen pregnancies (not to mention years of undeserved shame). However, in the case of my town, it doesn't seem to be working so well... :-?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:14 am

The "christian guilt" trip does not work it does not curb the desire to feel. The problem is sex is not just about making babies. I could elaborate more but I do not have the constitution of mind at this moment to focus my thoughts. The entire baby=women's punishment is also to blame.
What it comes down to is control and power.
The system makes sex a privilege for the wealthy and for men only.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:08 am

This is not just a Christian Thing, though.

It seems to be almost exclusively an American Christian Thing.

Most Christians I know from elsewhere seem to have a far more realistic attitude to sex.

I did not mean this to sound anti-american, though. It may just be that in the USA fundies congregate in far greater concentrations than elsewhere, and then they can feed much more easily on each others madness.

There used to be the old joke line of "no sex please, we are British", but it seems to apply these days far more to some people on the other side of the Atlanic......

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:48 am

Europe is a lot better with the whole contrecetpive ideas and making them easier to get and not having a steroetype. Here in the US we have a bunch of nut job fundies who feel that they are infact the incarnate of their god and thus have to right to harass peopel that dont beleive what they do.

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:14 pm

hey, Rain ForestMoon, I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!!!
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:09 am

Well, celibacy isn't exactly hereditary.....

It is funny, they teach abstinence up the wazoo to young Christian kids then can't understand why the teenagers in their church are getting married at 18 and 19.

A woman got kicked out of my Mom's church once for putting her daughter on birth control. The Mom said "I would prefer if you don't have sex, but if you are going too, tell me. I will get you every type of Birth control and contraception I can." So the daughter told her and when someone in the church found out they asked the mother to leave because she didn't just tell her child not to have sex.

So many reasons I left that church....
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:26 pm

I left after i realized i wasnt going to be hit by lightening for doing something "dirty"

i now know that thor and zeus wouldnt really care what i did and wont throw lightening at me for that.

I also realized how much stuff they stole and how unoriginal they are. a famous painting is god and some guy. welllll why does god look like zues? and why is he on clouds? or the holidays or their sotries....

arg... :evil:

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:42 am

Artemisblessed wrote:hey, Rain ForestMoon, I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!!!

?????? please explain

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:34 am

Funny Kelreth, Zeus seems to pay attention when I've got the lights down low, but then, I guess a girl being 'dirty' is way more interesting then a guy, unless you're gay, but last I checked Zeus was not gay. So how do I get him to stop peeping? Because it's kinda awkward when you feel like you're being watched. One time, after 'relations' with one of my ex boyfriends, I swear a dollar appeared out of no where. heheh :lol: Now that I think about it, it's kinda funny, Zeus is a peeping tom. heheheh You think if I told Hera he'd stop? heheh :lol:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:37 am

Errr...... Or Hera might go after you......Not fun

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:35 am

Well, the Grecian gods were often peeping toms on the men, and often had relations with men on earth. Remember Hyacinthe? And Zeus did have his fair share of men, I believe. Homosexuality and bisexuality were not taboos in Greece, and neither was beastiality. Remember Zeus becoming the swan?

I'm not trying to be gross here with the beastiality, just matter of fact.

Gods have always been "adapted" as time went on. Faeries were "adapted" into the unbathed children of Eve. Jupiter was adapted from Zeus.
I left after i realized i wasnt going to be hit by lightening for doing something "dirty"
How can you type with all that hair on your palms, Kelreth? :lol: Did they really threaten lightning, or just eternal hellfire?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG