Scientologist Fundies...

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Midori
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Midori » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:32 am

Scientology is not based on Science, but on Science Fiction. L Ron Hubbard was a Sci-Fi writer, and someone made it into a religion.

There are some creepy stories about what happens in the Church of Scientology, please be careful if you think you want to get involved.

My daughter looked up a particular thing on the Web last week about a girl who (for reasons unknown to me) was restrained and imprisoned by them for 17 days, beaten, starved and denied drinking water. They tried to medicate her themselves, but when they realised she was dying, they took her to a hospital. She had been left in cockroach infested surroundings, the roaches had started to eat her alive. The autopsy photographs are shocking. I saw them, I have a strong stomach, having been a nurse in an Emergency Room, but they turned my stomach.I believe that the Church is being investigated for practising Medicine without license over this.

Unfortunately, my daughter has erased the site from her computer, so i have no link to supply you with, but apparently it can be found on the Coroner's site of the State in question (one of the Mid-west States).

BB midori
May your gods stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:25 am

Midori wrote:Scientology is not based on Science, but on Science Fiction. L Ron Hubbard was a Sci-Fi writer, and someone made it into a religion.
When ever I think about that I think about the Bible. The xian one not the jewish one, my theo class has given me new respect for judiasm. Its not corrupted, at least in its teachings. The xian bible just seems like a sci-fi book to me. But a horribly distortion of what might have happened.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:33 pm

Kelreth wrote:
Midori wrote:Scientology is not based on Science, but on Science Fiction. L Ron Hubbard was a Sci-Fi writer, and someone made it into a religion.
When ever I think about that I think about the Bible.
*nods*

But yip - a religion based on a Sci-fi book. Wouldn't be the first time, and it won't be the last. Unfortunately.
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Galaxy Girl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Galaxy Girl » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:42 pm

Hubbard was a total fruit loop. Common sense would tell you that interplanetary travel cannot be done with a DC-8 in any form, prop or jet. So how did they survive the atomic explosions, since it killed everyone else? How were they immune? Man, you can pick this story apart thread by thread and word for word.

What amazes me is that people like Priscilla Presley can be sucked into it. Unbelievable! :roll:
Grace and kindness create powerful ripples in the world.

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:15 pm

Galaxy Girl wrote:Hubbard was a total fruit loop. Common sense would tell you that interplanetary travel cannot be done with a DC-8 in any form, prop or jet. So how did they survive the atomic explosions, since it killed everyone else? How were they immune? Man, you can pick this story apart thread by thread and word for word.

What amazes me is that people like Priscilla Presley can be sucked into it. Unbelievable! :roll:
You think thats crazy?! Trying reading the bible! Gigantic floods that some how other humans survive. Uber-plagues of death! People seeing bright lights out of the sky and voices. Sounds sci-fi to me
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:59 am

I've never believed the gigantic flood, but I do believe in the plagues for the most part. I think the stories are a bit out of control, but strange things have happened in this world, like raining fish and ball lightning. If you take the Xian propaganda and hatred out of the bible, it's a neat little story, actually. (Not much left to read, mind, but still is neat what is left.)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:01 am

It like most mythologys are neat to read. But must be taken wiht thought and concern. Unfortunatly most people dont understnand either of those words now..... :-(

Grumpy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Grumpy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:55 pm

I have been told that L Ron Hubbwad actually said outright in an interview at some point that he was going to create a religion in order to make money and to see how far he could go with it, and that he fully meant it to be "way out" to see if peopple would buy it. I haven't been able to track down the reference, but I've heard it mentioned in other sci-fi writer interviews and blurbs and such. Can you imagine if the Xtian bible had a "This is a work of fiction. Any Similarity between...etc" disclaimer in the front page? Its like the old saying goes, If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything! Scientology is a perfect example of how desperately people are looking for SOMETHING to cling to in the modern world. We have everything and believe nothing. Them folks scare me, I don't mind admitting it. Eesh {shiver}. :smt107
"Obedezco pero no complo"

Galaxy Girl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Galaxy Girl » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:06 pm

You think that's crazy?! Trying reading the bible! Gigantic floods that some how other humans survive. Uber-plagues of death! People seeing bright lights out of the sky and voices. Sounds sci-fi to me
Well, there are tidal waves, earth changes, continents rising and falling, and we'll all see them again fairly soon. All the signs are there.

There are also other dimensions, where the gods and goddesses reside, like Avalon. Some have second sight and can see dead people, some can see angels, and some can see space ships. But space ships are not run by props or anything we have in our world. They use the Law of Cessation. which I don't fully understand, since I'm earthbound at present.

The bottom line is, you know what you know because you know in your heart that it's true. Not all of us have come from the same place. So what you know is your truth, and what I know is my truth, based on where we came from and the experiences we've had. Hubbard just had a bad dream, and turned it into a money-making scheme for dummies who don't know any better. When your god is money, which by the way, is very evident because Scientology only wants rich people and celebrities who know even more rich people, so they can charge them enormous amounts of money to "get clear", and who are too dumb to see what's really going on, the word "religion" is just a scam. Religion is the worship of a deity. So who's the Deity? Hubbard?

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:15 pm

The bottom line is, you know what you know because you know in your heart that it's true. Not all of us have come from the same place. So what you know is your truth, and what I know is my truth, based on where we came from and the experiences we've had.
=D> =D>

I think that is what it all comes down to.

I love the craziest religion if the person worshiping it is honest and true in his belief and is a good person without trying to convert constantly. Most religions can be dubbed "crazy," even (and sometimes especially) our types. People may think, "Gods controlling the harvest when it's obviously controlled by the sun and the weather?" while we think, "Floods? Locusts? Certainly that is history embellished just a tad."

[-o< <---Who you do this to does not matter. Every religion is valid and I think a beautiful expression of what it means to be human.

(Of course, when it is taken out of control and to a violent or aggressive level, yadda yadda yadda. I expect a rebound talking about Xians doing this, but I think that's been efficiently pointed out over the last week or so.)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:57 am

Grumpy wrote: Can you imagine if the Xtian bible had a "This is a work of fiction. Any Similarity between...etc" disclaimer in the front page?
Me and a couple of mates got about 5000 of these stickers printed, a couple of years back and went round book shops, particularly these fundy book shops, sticking these on the bibles they had on display. In three summers we used about 4500 of the stickers.
Crazy Healer Lady wrote:I've never believed the gigantic flood
The geological evidence for just such a flood IS all over the Middle East.

Also Every mythology has the allussion, even Hindi, Shinto, Maori. So, I think it more than likely IS true. But all these animals on a galley??? What for a load of bollocks is that?
#-o

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:48 am

Yes but the great flood also occured in Babylonian mythology when mortals got too loud. So its fair to say that a flood did happen, but if it did it was either a natural event. Or a conglomerate of dietys felt like smiting humans living there

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:44 am

Yes, I was in city center today. I can see where the Gods MAY get peeved with "Too loud".

Man! My TEETH were ringing. THATS one sort of polution that is very rarely mentioned.

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:19 pm

Second hand noise is almost worse than second hand smoke to me. IF i didnt have asthma then second hand noise would be far worse. It is really noisy in cities. Then people feel like letting the block know what their favorite song is.

Galaxy Girl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Galaxy Girl » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:30 pm

Thanks Kelreth. Sometime I forget why I moved to the boonies. Thank you for reminding me. :-D