Scientologist Fundies...

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Scientologist Fundies...

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:42 am

Well seeing as i got abducted by them today and done this test (annoying thing about doing psychology i feel thing thing were i should do these tests as I'm always using the results... i didn't know they were scienties until i was up there!

So... what do you lot think of them?

apart from the story of Xenu... which i''ll post here for interested people... - Careful you may fall of your seat... if you look into more stuf it enters more sci fi land...

In Scientology doctrine, Xenu (also Xemu) is a galactic ruler (of the "Galactic Confederacy") who, 75 million years ago, brought billions of people to Earth, stacked them around volcanoes and blew them up with hydrogen bombs. Their souls then clustered together and stuck to the bodies of the living, and continue to cause problems today. These events are known to Scientologists as "Incident II", and the traumatic memories associated with them as The Wall of Fire or the R6 implant. The story of Xenu is part of a much wider range of Scientology beliefs in extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in Earthly events, collectively described as space opera by L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology.

Hubbard detailed the story in Operating Thetan level III (OT III) in 1967, famously warning that R6 was "calculated to kill (by pneumonia etc) anyone who attempts to solve it." The Xenu story was the start of the use of the volcano as a common symbol of Scientology and Dianetics from 1968 to the present day.

Much of the criticism of the Church of Scientology focuses on the story of Xenu. The Church has tried to keep Xenu confidential; critics claim revealing the story is in the public interest, given the high prices charged for OT III, part of Scientology's secret "Advanced Technology" doctrines taught only to members that have already contributed large amounts of money to the organization.

The Church avoids making mention of Xenu in public statements and has gone to considerable effort to maintain the story's confidentiality, including legal action on the grounds of both copyright and trade secrecy. Despite this, much material on Xenu has leaked to the public.

Summary of the Xenu story

The story of Xenu is covered in OT III, part of Scientology's secret "Advanced Technology" doctrines taught only to advanced members. It is described in more detail in the accompanying confidential "Assists" lecture of 3 October 1968 and is dramatized in Revolt in the Stars. Direct quotations in this section are from these sources. (See also Scientology beliefs and practices)

Seventy-five million years ago, Xenu was the ruler of a Galactic Confederacy which consisted of 26 stars and 76 planets including Earth, which was then known as Teegeeack. The planets were overpopulated, each having on average 178 billion people. The Galactic Confederacy's civilization was comparable to our own, with people "walking around in clothes which looked very remarkably like the clothes they wear this very minute" and using cars, trains and boats looking exactly the same as those "circa 1950, 1960" on Earth.

Xenu was about to be deposed from power, so he devised a plot to eliminate the excess population from his dominions. With the assistance of "renegades", he defeated the populace and the "Loyal Officers", a force for good that was opposed to Xenu. Then, with the assistance of psychiatrists, he summoned billions of people to paralyse them with injections of alcohol and glycol, under the pretense that they were being called for "income tax inspections". The kidnapped populace was loaded into space planes for transport to the site of extermination, the planet of Teegeeack (Earth). The space planes were exact copies of Douglas DC-8s, "except the DC-8 had fans, propellers on it and the space plane didn't." DC-8s have jet engines, not propellers, although Hubbard may have meant the turbine fans.

When the space planes had reached Teegeeack/Earth, the paralysed people were unloaded and stacked around the bases of volcanoes across the planet. Hydrogen bombs were lowered into the volcanoes, and all were detonated simultaneously. Only a few people's physical bodies survived. Hubbard described the scene in his abortive film script, Revolt in the Stars:

Simultaneously, the planted charges erupted. Atomic blasts ballooned from the craters of Loa, Vesuvius, Shasta, Washington, Fujiyama, Etna, and many, many others. Arching higher and higher, up and outwards, towering clouds mushroomed, shot through with flashes of flame, waste and fission. Great winds raced tumultuously across the face of Earth, spreading tales of destruction. Debris-studded, and sickly yellow, the atomic clouds followed close on the heels of the winds. Their bow-shaped fronts encroached inexorably upon forest, city and mankind, they delivered their gifts of death and radiation. A skyscraper, tall and arrow-straight, bent over to form a question mark to the very idea of humanity before crumbling into the screaming city below...

The now-disembodied victims' souls, which Hubbard called thetans, were blown into the air by the blast. They were captured by Xenu's forces using an "electronic ribbon" ("which also was a type of standing wave") and sucked into "vacuum zones" around the world. The hundreds of billions of captured thetans were taken to a type of cinema, where they were forced to watch a "three-D, super colossal motion picture" for 36 days. This implanted what Hubbard termed "various misleading data" (collectively termed the R6 implant) into the memories of the hapless thetans, "which has to do with God, the Devil, space opera, etcetera". This included all world religions, with Hubbard specifically attributing Roman Catholicism and the image of the Crucifixion to the influence of Xenu. The interior decoration of "all modern theaters" is also said by Hubbard to be due to an unconscious recollection of Xenu's implants. The two "implant stations" cited by Hubbard were said to have been located on Hawaii and Las Palmas in the Canary Islands.

In addition to implanting new beliefs in the thetans, the images deprived them of their sense of identity. When the thetans left the projection areas, they started to cluster together in groups of a few thousand, having lost the ability to differentiate between each other. Each cluster of thetans gathered into one of the few remaining bodies that survived the explosion. These became what are known as body thetans, which are said to be still clinging to and adversely affecting everyone except those Scientologists who have performed the necessary steps to remove them.

The Loyal Officers finally overthrew Xenu and locked him away in a mountain, where he was imprisoned forever by a force field powered by an eternal battery. (Some have suggested that Xenu is imprisoned on Earth in the Pyrenees, but Hubbard merely refers to "one of these planets" [of the Galactic Confederacy]; he does, however, refer to the Pyrenees as being the site of the last operating "Martian report station", which is probably the source of this particular confusion.[1]) Teegeeack/Earth was subsequently abandoned by the Galactic Confederacy and remains a pariah "prison planet" to this day, although it has suffered repeatedly from incursions by alien "Invader Forces" since then.

So... based on that what do peple think of it?

they wrangled me in today and pulled this test on me

(Link below)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ ... dthing.jpg

sorry i just found this lil extra bit...

The idea that Earth is a "prison planet", maintained by "entheta [evil] beings" or Targs who dumped their enemies on Earth, was first publicly put forward in an obscure taped demonstration of Scientology auditing recorded in April 1952 and released as "Electropsychometric Scouting: Battle of the Universes" [12]. In many respects, OT III is virtually a retelling of this early tape, delivered in the first month of Scientology's existence. Hubbard describes how "entheta beings" defeat mutinuous "theta [good] beings" and decided that "the battleground is too rough and these things have mutinied so let's put 'em all in one place and lock 'em on to Earth." The entheta beings were "controlled over by religion"; Mary Sue Hubbard asks "Is that when Christianity came into being?" to which Hubbard replies, "That's an entheta operation." Communism is also apparently "their great success" — "anybody who thinks in this society is immediately attacked, you're surrounded by Targs." A steady flow of flying saucers is still dropping off more entheta beings.
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:42 am

wow they might just be crazier than xian fundies......just maybe
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:47 am

WHAT?????

People PAY for this? :-?

Strange, no matter HOW I tried to get interviewed by this lot, they just kept ignoring me. :cry: May be I don't LOOK like a victim, to them. :roll:

Edinburgh was FULL of them when I was at Uni.

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:26 am

I've made a note to avoid the "Church of Scientology" from now on!

lmao

people pay £1000's to get the top most secrets....

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:56 am

I am always suspicious of Scientology, or any religion that requires thousands of dollars to get salvation. They are also incredibly harsh on anyone who speaks out against them in the media. Do it and you have a libel suit within a week.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:22 am

Thanks for the warning about falling off the chair, BEG - I almost did!!

OK, who gave these guys frontal labotomies??
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:01 am

First rule of labotomisation; Should NOT be carried out on people that have nothing to labotomise in the first place.

Have you noticed how they always try and photograph you as well?

Have you ever tried to photo one back?
OhOOO they do not like that one bit.

The photography department at Edinburgh got together with some other courses, ours included, as some were on both, went where these nutters were,with cameras concealed. As soon as one of the group was picked on by them, and they started with their camera, out came 45 > 50 of our cameras, click click click all over the place.

We had gathered over a period of about two hours on the square where they were, and were standing around in typical student groups of 5 to 10. When they strted we all moved en masse and surrounded them in a 5 or 6 meter circle of shutter clicking fury.:-D

You should have seen them, "coats over heads and run". We did not see them again for three months. :lol:
Last edited by Ragnar on Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:03 am

it does sound pretty weird...but if you read it ad you didn't think about scientology, doesn't it sound a little like the Germanic concept of Ragnaroc? i mean, i'm a little rusty on my Norse mythology, but i remember something like this earth being the SECOND earth because the LAST earth was destroyed by Armageddon, but one man (a god, i believe) and one woman (a mortal) survived and repopulated...

or something like that...
Last edited by Artemisblessed on Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:08 am

Wouldn'be Armageddon, thas christian/Jewish.

I will check in my notes. I can't remember any thing like that.

I'll get back to you on it. :-)

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:24 am

Ragnar wrote:First rule of labotomisation; Should NOT be carried out on people that have nothing to labotomise in the first place.
*collapses laughing* True, very true!!

Hehehe..I like the camera story!

Afraid the only thing I know about Ragnaroc is that it is the day when Loki will break free from his bonds and lead the giants in the war against Odin and the Gods. I'll wait for Ragnar. :p lol!
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:36 am

I have been telling people that Scientologists were crazy!!

I stayed far away from the scientology building in Van, I'll tell you!!!
All most people think about scientology is that it's a religion based around science. HA HA ya sure! :roll:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:41 am

Lols some of the things are ridiculous... aliens... this is a prison planet...

bonkers the lot of em!

the book they gave me seems to be written like Freud on drugs...

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:14 am

the book they gave me seems to be written like Freud on drugs...
Ha ha ha

That man was so strange. So insane.

All his success in dreams and such were only due to the fact that he ruined a woman's life. He tried to cure her "hysteria" (translated to be arousal and want of sex) by doing surgery on her nose, a procedure thought to cure it. She complained afterwards, and some time later (months? years?) it was found that he had left gauze in her nasal passages. Well, he took it out, and her face collapsed. He was plagued with bad dreams afterwards, and then it got the man thinking about dreams and their origins.

Hmmm. This is the man that most of our understanding of psychology is based from.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:24 am

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:the book they gave me seems to be written like Freud on drugs...
Yes, but at least he was crazy enough to admit to himself he was completely gone in the head (not to mention everything else!)
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:37 am

Artemisblessed wrote:.... this earth being the SECOND earth because the LAST earth was destroyed by Armageddon, buy one man (a god, i believe) and one woman (a mortal) survived and repopulated...
IF the term Armageddon is used, it is a christian addition. Especialy because it is a place, only becoming used as an event later. The origional writters of the Eddas would not have known about it, because it came as pretty bad news to the inhabitants themselves.

And that was centurys after the Norse myths of Ragnarök were well known, to the Norse.

As the life/death/ rebirth cycle is, in the Norse, as in all Heathen traditions, a massive part, then I can not see why Midgardh (Earth), can not be on a 3rd, 4th, 5th, whatever, incarnation.

But it is not mentioned in Ymir's myth, where the world is formed, or in Ragnarök. Not in English, Old Norse, German, Dutch, Swedish, or old Germanic translation.