The Trading Spouses TV show on the FOX network

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:29 pm

I think that was also part of the point I was trying to make, They as black people are keeping the prejudice alive and it's irritating.

Diaj your more then welcome to comment, As we don't get mad and don't start arguing, well yeah we argue but we do it nicely. And everyone's opnion is welcome

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:48 pm

Willow wrote:Chinese, Japanese dirty knees money please. I still can't believe that our teachers taught us that one.
You know Willow, I actually learned a worse version of that little rhyme when I was a kid.

"Chinese, Japanese dirty knees, look at these (point at boobs when saying)"
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:13 am

Yikes, kids can be mean can't they?

That type of racism is the scariest, the type we learn as children, because it carries into way too many parts of our lives.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:36 am

I know... I remember being about 3 years old. My babysitter had two sons, and also babysat an older special needs native girl. Every day those two boys would plot ways to make her life miserable, and I'm ashamed to say that, being 3 and not knowing any better, I thought it was funny, until I saw the hurt that it caused her. When she cried that first time, I think I was a changed person.

My sister has stories from when she was a girl about what turned her racist and prejudice. Do I believe them? Not really.

It's amazing to watch little ones play with one another. I remember having no concept of colour. When someone noted to me in grade 5 (I kid you not, grade 5) that one of my classmates had dark skin, it blew my mind! And it took me another week to realize that my entire class was a healthy mix of shades and colours!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:27 am

My mother still likes embarressing me by bringing up how racist I was as a kid...

Apparently she took me to the mall when I three or something, and I saw a coloured (Black) man for the first time. My mother swears I asked in a very loud voice (and pointing just to be completely clear) "Mom, what's wrong with that man's skin? Is he sick?" :lol:

I had never seen anybody of different skin tone before. My mother was properly embarressed, and apolijized to the guy (without answering my question, I can only assume :-D ) while he told her it was fine. I simply remember him saying that that was the way God made him, and my Mom hurrying me out of the store, and not taking me shopping again until I was 8.

Although, I must admit, I never understood the differences. In my school, we didn't even cover differences of race until Grade 4, and I couldn't figure out why we needed to care what colour skin was? My teacher said that one was not better than another, but when I asked why we needed to make distinctions then she just sputtered and said that I'd understand when I was older!

It just seemed to me that everybody was born with skin, and that was what made them human. Skin colour to me today is something I consider secondly or thirdly if at all. It's just never my first thought. ;)

And I like it that way!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:14 pm

It's kind of funny watching the latest contortions of the British National Party, a far right off spring of what used to be the National front. A bit like Jean Marie Le pen in France.

Now they have allways said they were against immigration, not because of colour, but because it was immigration the U.K did not need.

NOW a lot of the "problems" are coming from East European immigrants. You wanna see them back pedalling!! :roll:

Not in public, because that gives them a chance to "prove" that it was immigration and not colour that was the "problem".

However, in private.... :lol: :lol:

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:01 pm

When I was growing up I had family friends that were black, I never even thought about it, I mean we were all close friends, My first kiss was with one of em :lol: :lol: Thinking back he couldn't kiss for squat :lol: :lol:

But me and the girls always took baths together,

When I was older, umm I'd say about 14 is when I really started to understand the skin color thing,

THe same boy that I kissed wanted to do other things with me and I said no, he said it's because I'm black isn't it? I threw a fit and just about beat him to a pulp. I said no stupid it has nothing to do with you being black, it has everything to do with the fact that we have grown up together and I look to you as a brother.

He never asked me to do those things again. (He did get a butt whooping but I was nice enough)

Anyway I got into alot of trouble for beating him up. My parents finally asked me why I did it and I told them the truth. My dad laughed so hard I thought he was gonna break something. And all he said was "thats my girl"

When we were in High school, the kept calling each other the N word and me thinking nothing of it said it back, then I got my butt kicked, I honestly didn't know what I did wrong.

Well their dad came to see me, and I found out what I said wrong, I did apologize for it, but I still couldn't understand why they could say it and I couldn't. He had no answer for me, But to this day they were never allowed to call each other the N word.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:56 am

My uncle is black, so I've grown up knowing black people and I never made a distinction between black people and white people, we're all the same underneath anyway. There was one girl in my class at school though who was a right b**** and she was half-black, half-white and would always play the race card. I couldn't stand her because of the person she was, she could have been green with orange stripes and I'd have still disliked her!

As a kid though my brother seemed to think our uncle was the only black man in existance because there aren't many black people living in our area and my parents still giggle about when they went on a shopping trip when he was about 3 or 4 and throwing a tantrum in the middle of a shop. A black man walked past the and my brother was speechless and stopped acting out!

My uncle has had friends say "Now, come on, play the white man" and they've got very embarrassed when they've realised what they've said while he's thought it hilarious. In true friendships there are no distinctions of colour or tribe.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men