January Fundie of the month

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:56 pm

No probs.

Hmmm, good point....*hitches skirts and picks up sword, bow and arrows* Anyone for the hunt?
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:07 pm

*pulls out a dagger and a funny looking baton* I'm in
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:05 am

:pulls on Athena helmet, slings quiver of arrows over shoulder with Bow, grabs a broadsword and slides a short dagger into boot:

oh, it's on...GLADIATOR STYLE!!!!!
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Midori
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Midori » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:37 am

Unlike the States, Britain does not have a written Constitution, but this surely breaches Constitutional rights?

Isn't it about time that some of this was challengerd in your Courts?

We seem to have more religious freedom in Britain.

BB Midori
May your gods stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:16 pm

Ragnar wrote:GREAT, don't matter if I go out and shoot a few then, as I am eternaly damned any way. :-D :snakeman: :gib: :smt077
I'll be joining you on that one! Where shall we start?
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:05 am

That's atrocious. Simply hideous. I'm pretty outspoken, but those just disgusted me.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Grumpy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Grumpy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:06 pm

I don't suppose that church was one of the bunch that got burned down recently, eh? Dare to dream. Free speech really is a 2 edged sword. What really burns AND confuses me is the "god hates USA" signs, written and being used by people LIVING in the US. If you hate it so much as to go to this cruel extreme, then LEAVE! The US hates you too!!! Its one thing to picket for what you (oh-so-wrongly) consider to be a moral highground, but to campaign in such broad terms against your own country? Its like playing darts in a rubber lifeboat. There's plenty of room in other parts of the world to live if you hate it that much. I just don't get it.
"Obedezco pero no complo"

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:58 pm

Grumpy wrote:I don't suppose that church was one of the bunch that got burned down recently, eh? Dare to dream. Free speech really is a 2 edged sword. What really burns AND confuses me is the "god hates USA" signs, written and being used by people LIVING in the US. If you hate it so much as to go to this cruel extreme, then LEAVE! The US hates you too!!! Its one thing to picket for what you (oh-so-wrongly) consider to be a moral highground, but to campaign in such broad terms against your own country? Its like playing darts in a rubber lifeboat. There's plenty of room in other parts of the world to live if you hate it that much. I just don't get it.
theres fundie peopel doing that at US soldier funerals...... they threaten to sue anyone who gets in their way....

O they should leave all right....at the end of a big rocket
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:06 am

Kelreth wrote: theres fundie peopel doing that at US soldier funerals...... they threaten to sue anyone who gets in their way....
Quite Kelreth. And if you look particularly hard you may just find that, that is mentioned in this thread somewhere. ;)

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:05 am

I really just don't understand how people can be so cruel! I'm just a naive young lady but why can't we all just get on :cry:
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:46 am

I agree in principal.

But when you get two groups, such as christian/muslim, BOTH with the duty to attempt world domination. Then Like Hitler and Stalin, one has to give.

If not the two must attempt to destroy one another.

WE are caught in the middle. :evil:

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:31 am

Interestingly enough the Buddha did encourage the middle path.

Maybe he was on to something...
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:38 am

Hmm. As far as I recall, the Budhist monks can be a little viscous in battle as well. Didn't the Hindus have trouble from them at one time?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:45 am

They did,
and apparently the samurai is an offshoot from he Buddhist path as well.

Just because the Buddha said it does not mean people follow it (unfortunately)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:37 am

Monks can own people. Honestly, the last people in the world I would wnat to piss off is Buddist monks and Shaolin monks and eastern monks in general.

They have attained almost inhuman perfection