Anti-Semite much?

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:31 pm

Goodness its been a while since I looked at the experiment
I think wikipedia can answer most of it better than I can.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

I exaggerated on the results though, my bad
In Milgram's first set of experiments, 65 percent (27 out of 40) of experimental participants administered the experiment's final 450-volt shock, though many were quite uncomfortable in doing so; everyone paused at some point and questioned the experiment, some even saying they would return the cheque for the money they were paid. No participant steadfastly refused to give further shocks before the 300-volt level.
I was in the similar lack of sleep phase, my own personal rants don't always look on paper like they do in my head.

I think coercion and propaganda were both used. They are different but with similar outcomes, there was so much psychology going on i that period, coercion, propaganda, group think, the list goes on. Again, my main concern is what would I do.

On another note though: for the love of the gods, sleep and get some food. We want no too skinny too tired Ragnars on this site. ;)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:29 pm

"Skinny"?

Ha, that will be the day. :lol:

Since I reached 17, I have NEVER been under 90 kilo, and that included my army basic training and survival school stints.

Like wise, though, I have never been above 110 kilo. So I think I must have a "natural weight".

I am five foot nine, by the way. Just to put the weight in perspective. :-?

WOW!!! DOES THIS WORK???

hey!! THAT'S brilliant. Never saw that before :-D :-D :-D

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:52 pm

Milgram Experiment is the perfect example of power and authority
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:41 pm

Holy cow, I'm taller than you. 5"10, mind you I m taller than a lot of people actually. I forget that now that I sit at the compy so much.
But you may be one of those people with a gifted metabolism, you lucky duck. send some of that digestive action my way.

And kelreth I would love to hear some expansion on that point

Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:27 pm

WOW!!! DOES THIS WORK???

hey!! THAT'S brilliant. Never saw that before
:lol: aw... Ragnar seeming cute??? What's going on?!? :aww: a cute viking... jebus...

As for your point on the Nazis I very much agree. Actually at this time it really makes me realize how true this is. We've got an election coming up here in Canada and I hate to say it but the blood-sucking conservatives are getting too much support for my liking.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:47 pm

The Milgram experiment was designed to see what affects the subject more. The location of the acomplice who worked with the scientists, the location of teh scientists and whether or not the subject had to touch the acomplice.

It showed that half of the time people would listen to the person in charge and continue what ever they were doing. In this case, adminitering a shock on a wrong anwser. When the scientist was not at the location, the # of peopel who cared out with the shock went down. When the acomplice was in the room the # went down. When the subject was required to hold the acomplices hand onto the plate to be shocked, the # of peopel who went the full way dropped to almost to nill.

That is what i can coherently remember at 1:46 am from my socio class. It is a truely interesitng experiment.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:59 am

" When the subject was required to hold the accomplices hand onto the plate to be shocked, the # of people who went the full way dropped to almost to Nil. "

Damn right, I wouldn't want to get that close to an electric shock either.

I wonder if they took THAT reaction into account?

"Willow
Holy cow, I'm taller than you. 5"10, mind you I m taller than a lot of people actually."

My wife is 6' >6'1". And she's the short one of her family!

"But you may be one of those people with a gifted metabolism"

I am still undershort for my weight. So maybe it needs a little adjustment.
;)

It's a bit annoying. I have just been to see one of these Government Doctor things, because I claim sick pay for my gout. She said I got to loose weight. They just WILL not listen to reason!

HEL! Iam living on average 3.5 >4,000 kalories per week NOW. What kind of diet is that scum bag going to recommend?

I told her exactly what I told you. I don't think she believes me. :evil:

She said she wants me down to 70Kilo!!! I have NEVER been that sick since I was 12 years old!

Her reaction; "Oh then you've always been over weight?".

:smt093 :smt093 :smt093 :smt093 :smt093 :smt093 :smt093

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:13 am

hehe, undershort.

I respect doctors but sometimes I wonder...

Ragnar, That is a good criticism (not wanting to be close to a shock) I think they assumed that it was an "I don't want to see the pain" thing.
Which has interesting applications for the original topic.

And CHL, I know what you are talking about we currently seem to have a choice between Tweedledum and tweedledummer. I have been NDP for a few years now although I am still not sure about Jack Layton, God I miss Stephen Lewis.

Blessings
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:23 am

And CHL, I know what you are talking about we currently seem to have a choice between Tweedledum and tweedledummer. I have been NDP for a few years now although I am still not sure about Jack Layton, God I miss Stephen Lewis.
I would be a Liberal supporter but Paul Martin is not my guy. I kind of like what they're doing federally, but provincially they're ruining BC. We lost our hospital because dingbats voted liberal (I was underage by 3 MONTHS!!! :evil: ) Now, I'm NDP. It's the lesser evil. Actually, it's crazy: They said the other day that if we had the election that day that it would be 30% NDP, 30% Liberal, 30% Conservative, all give or take 7%. Weird!
Her reaction; "Oh then you've always been over weight?".
Jeez... I would have flipped. What a crock. 4,000 calories/week and they expect more from you. Yikes.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:17 pm

I don't suppose it should come as a surprise, but she was not exactly anorexic herself. :lol:

In fact I have a picture of her; :snorting:

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:55 pm

That took me minute to get.
then I realised that was a piggy.
The whole calorie thing is interesting, as long as she isn't pulling BMI stuff on you, that is a worthless scale.

CHL, I am not a fan of Paul Martin either. Scandal, whatever I couldn't care less, but I think there needs to be some sort of responsibility in his spending. How do you like Stephen Harper's new image though (The I am not uptight)?

Blessings
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:46 pm

How do you like Stephen Harper's new image though (The I am not uptight)?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Crazy Healer Lady

bluewolf
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bluewolf » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:14 pm

I don't care know it is as long as it's not Harper... he's Scary.
"No one can make you feel inferior unless you give them permission."
- Some Famous First Lady

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:37 am

wow, ragnar. she said that to your face? gods, she could have been nicer about it... #-o

anyway, about the experiment. i honestly don't know what i would do given the situation. and that scares the hell out of me. who knows? if someone was telling me i had to do it, and they wouldn't let me stop, would i crack? would i comply?

i just don't know and that is a terrifying thought...

:shudder:
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:36 pm

Artemisblessed wrote:wow, ragnar. she said that to your face? gods, she could have been nicer about it... #-o
Aye.

I've got an apointment with the Arbeitsamt, thats welfare in the States, Dole in U.K, next Wednesday. I get the results then.

IF she has made that recomendation on the report to the Dole, then I am knackered. They can threaten to stop your money until you comply with the Doctors reccomendations.

I suppose there is logic in that, if you have no money to buy food, you will loose weight! :lol: