Anti-Semite much?

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:27 pm

CHL, that was my reaction too. He looks like he is made of plastic.

And Ragnar,
what they heck, she is reporting you too some kind of big brother authority on weight? What kind of program is that?
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:56 pm

Hummm.

Who is Stephen Harper? :dontknow:

Right, the situation in Germany.

If the Arbeitsamt (Welfare or dole), send you for a medical, I was sent because of cartlidge problems in my knees and gout, the Doctor sends a report and recomendations to the dole.

THEN the dole have you in for interview. If the Doctor recomends running around the block twice a day, naked with a sword fish on your head, then in theory the dole can lower your money if you do not do that.

If after a second interview they discover you still have not done that, or used a sardine instead, then they can stop your money totaly.

Britain is similar. Before I left the dole were just about to demand I have my hair cut and shave the beard off. Because they said I could not be seriously expecting to get work in my field, which was kitchen/food factory work.

I wrote out a "Statuatory declaration", that said the hair and beard was a major part of my religious belief. I then got that signed by a lawyer.

However the reaction I got was the normal one amongst the muggles, i.e "your white, you can not have a religion that is not christian". Not said in so many words, but that is what you can easily read between the lines.

Before I had to hit some one, I got a security job and did not need the dole, also I knew I was going to move to Berlin, so I sent them a choicely worded letter.

That was before this religious discrimination law I have mentioned on another thread. I do not know how it would work now. Basically I think they would still try and say that Norse Heathenism is not a reccognised religion. (As Britain does not have such a thing as "recognised religions, the only way they can decide that is their own bias). Quite frankly I have not got the money to take it to court to prove. It costs 3 > 4,000 pound just to put the case before a barrister (High court lawyer, the ones with the wigs). THEN he can turn around and say the case is not worth fighting, and guess what?

YOU DO NOT GET THE MONEY BACK! :evil3:

THEN you have to find a lawyer that is not christian or Jewish.

Even if you did get it through court, the British law system means every time you had to claim from a different department, you would have the same fight again, because they can just keep appealing it. :angryfire:

gwmRNpozSC
Level 1
Level 1

Would that they would NOT!

Post by gwmRNpozSC » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:14 pm

Willow wrote:...there are a lot of Christian who although they never say it out loud, htey strongly allude to the fact that everything that has happened to the Jews is punishment for killing Jesus and not accepting him...
Would that they would NOT SAY IT, but I have seen ALL TOO MANY who WOULD AND DID.

My background (shamefully) includes pentecostalism and other derivations of fundamentalism.

I have been in churches (Church Of God) that BRAGGED about how many ex-Baptists they had.

I have been in Baptist churches that taught that "people who speak in tongues (Pentecostals) are demon possessed"!!!!

I've been in association with the original PTL Club by Jim Baker of Charlotte, NC.

In ALL TOO MANY of these groups there were some VERY antisemitic feelings, and they were NOT ALL THAT hidden.

I have done many things in my life I'm not proud of. At one point, I was rather much a slut, for lack of a better word, but by FAR the things I am MOST ASHAMED of from my past are related to THESE GROUPS.
RoBeRt., the OfFiCiAl ReGiStErEd Nut.
Loris, South Carolina, USA.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:27 pm

Who is Stephen Harper?
He is the leader of the Conservative Party here in Canada. Heck of a lot better than Stockwell Day (thank the gods he was never voted in) but I hate him and everything he stands for. I only like the part about small business tax, but that is at the expense of the people, so it cancels out.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:49 am

C.H.L Thanks.

Apparantly the Con....servatives in U.K have just got a new leader as well. It's the first time that a national party leader has been younger than me!

HELP I am getting OLD!!!

gwmRNpozSC. Aye I have met their sort. I have told this before, but I do not think you will have seen it. It was a similar type that burned my Grandmothers house down cus she was a Shamman.

I can not remember who wrote the post that started this "christian as anti Jewish" thread, but some one said about a Jewish woman being asked why she did not convert to thr "true religion" after Auschwitz knocked the faith out of her.

There is STILL something their that I can not put my finger on, that I find deeply disturbing. Not the actual comment. After Auschwitz I think the Jewish Woman is thick skinned enough to take that. But something is wrong there, some kind of thing that is ringing serious warning bells, and for the life of me I can NOT figure what it is. #-o

You, na WE, are all skating around it, but... I feel :banghead: about it.

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:19 am

jeez, where do they find these people? :toimonster:

if you're in a bad mood or if you are just plain mean, DON'T GO INTO HUMAN SERVICES!!!
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:28 am

Human services is like "social work" in U.K?

If so you may apprieciate this;

Social worker/councellor/probation-Parole officer etc.

The type of person that, when you run in asking where the toilets are, sit you down for two hours going through the references. Discussing reasonable alternatives. Discovering if you really need to p**s. Preparing you for the experience, and recommending various counselling options.

:lol: :lol:

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:50 am

speaking of, i had an experience similar to that (which is pretty sad since that was supposed to be a bad image of people):

when i was 9, i went to New York City on vacation. my mom and i went on a bus tour-thingy. the bus broke down in front of this beautiful lilac garden and those are my mom's favorite. (sorry this is taking so long...the point is coming up soon, i promise... [-o< :^o ) anyway, so i had to pee really bad. my mom was upset cuz she had to leave the garden, but what are you gonna do? #-o anyway, we run across the street (which is a feat in itself in New York #-o ) and ran into this office building. my mom asked the guy at the desk where the bathroom was and he actually said this to us: "Do you have an appointment?" #-o

we were like, "no"...

then he kicked us out.
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)