Anti-Semite much?

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Anti-Semite much?

Post by Willow » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:31 pm

Hey all, I have a head smacker for you. #-o

One of my peers teaches about the loss of faith during the holocaust, a girl comes up to her after class and says:

"If the Jews lost their faith because of the holocaust, why wouldn't they just realize that Christianity is the right religion and convert?"

I know those attitudes exist but I like to think that a University has people who think before they speak, guess not.

Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:09 pm

Ouch!

Wow, Um, geeze... #-o
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:40 pm

That's awful. On a similar note, at my university in a BIOLOGY class, where we were learning about Evolutionary Theory. This guy decides to waste the poor professor's time arguing with him about why he should be teaching Creationism!!! If you wanna learn Creationism, go to a freaking RELIGION course, don't waste a BIOLOGY teacher's time with that! The worst thing was, he kept arguing with the professor for a good half hour, and the class was only 50 minutes long, so he pretty much used up the whole class period. :evil:
Last edited by morgana on Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:51 pm

Oh my...

As if the holocaust wasn't terrible enough, people shot dead and starved and raped and beaten and tortured with dead and rotting bodies around them (often family and/or friends) for being Jewish (and the many other peoples punished like gays)... Does she not realize the horrors of this time?!! How offensive. How utterly stupid.

I must be in a bad mood. I sound a little mean.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:49 pm

Nah, CHL, it IS horribly thoughtless, and heartless and just plain ignorant to say such a thing. I would never wish something like the Holocaust on ANYONE, but sometimes I wish that people could've been there to actually SEE what went on. I bet they'd change their tune then...or maybe they wouldn't, and they'd still be just as ignorant, who knows? Anyway, you were justified in saying that, cuz some people ARE just that bad.
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:35 pm

Willow wrote: "If the Jews lost their faith because of the holocaust, why wouldn't they just realize that Christianity is the right religion and convert?"

I know those attitudes exist but I like to think that a University has people who think before they speak, guess not.

Blessings
morgana wrote:That's awful. On a similar note, at my university in a BIOLOGY class, where we were learning about Evolutionary Theory. This guy decides to waste the poor professor's time arguing with him about why he should be teaching Creationism!!! If you wanna learn Creationism, go to a freaking RELIGION course, don't waste a BIOLOGY teacher's time with that! The worst thing was, he kept arguing with the professor for a good half hour, and the class was only 50 minutes long, so he pretty much used up the whole class period. :evil:
Ya..... there are quite a few of those peopel at universities... A homosexual friend of mine has to deal with people like that a lot, they seek him out to ridicule him.....

If any one would like to see true what ever the heck it is called. Then come to Marquette, its chuck full of peopel like that. And we could talk, cause im really bored and would rather not talk to most people about what i beleive in. And that fact that theology is a required class just makes things even funner....
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:54 pm

Grrrrr, people can be so stupid sometimes. :evil: Do they not realize that without the Jews there would not even be any Christianity at all? :roll:
I had one History of WWII class where some girl raised her hand and asked the prof why Germany invaded Japan. :cyclopsani:

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:14 pm

Lotus wrote:Grrrrr, people can be so stupid sometimes. :evil: Do they not realize that without the Jews there would not even be any Christianity at all? :roll:
Carefull. Thats coming seriously close to "Blame all the worlds problems on the Jews".

You know I have an uneasy feeling here, that there is something lurking in what was said to the lecturer.

For the life of me I can not put my finger on it.

O.K, it was insensitive. But hey. Thats life. But what did this girl actualy do wrong? THAT is what I have this uneasy feeling about.

Woha...(Aha, a glimmer") something along the lines of, "when are these fundies going to come out openly and say that Hitler was doing their work"?

Is THAT where this is leading?

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:22 pm

I had one History of WWII class where some girl raised her hand and asked the prof why Germany invaded Japan.
Oh gods... No way!

Actually if you ask my ex's sister (in grade 8 ) who Hitler was, she says he was the leader of the Jews who killed all those German guys.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:59 pm

My Ex Sister had a boy friend who's jewish Mother was, Foot stomping, screaming till purple, baning you from the house for ever, convinced, that the Wikings stole the swastika and runes, from the Nazi's.

So they are not new phenomonae.

?????? I can NOT believe this, it's 7 A.M, I have been awake since 9A.M yesterday (Thorsday), and I spelt phenomonae correctly? AND IN THE CORRECT NUMEROUS?????

Somethings wrong here! :-? :-?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:20 pm

yeah,
It is such a sensitive topic, I mean there are a lot of Christian who although they never say it out loud, htey strongly allude to the fact that everything that has happened to the Jews is punishment for killing Jesus and not accepting him. However if you put forward this idea in any good institution you are laughed out with a size seven addition to your posterior.
What is even more firghtening is the ignorance we all live with.
This just reminded me of a revleation I had a little while ago, this post is about to get long.

I was in class and we were studying the Milgram expereiment. Stanley Milgram went to America after WW2 hopin that he could find proof that Americans were less likely to give into coersion to hurt other people. He designed this expereiment where a series of stronger and stronger schock were given to people (accomplices) who performed incorrectly on a learning test. The shocks were not actually given but the paticipants thought they were shocking the people. There were about 20 levels of supposedly higher and higher shocks. The accomplice woud go in a nother rooma d begin to scream out in pain as the shocks got higher eventually going silent. Psychologists predicted that most people would not go beyond the first grunt of pain. 98% of people went all the way to the end, hearing the other guy, only because the researcher would say, the experiment requires you to continue.
Anyway of course everyone in my class got all self righteous claiming how they would never, ever do anything like that. And I think my biggest loss of innocence was considering myself, how much would I give into coersion? It was really the biggest moral evaluation I could think of, what would I nflict on others.
I went home and cried that night, and my Mom told me that now I kn ow and I can think so I have a way better chance of being able to stand up and say no to the stuff.

Anyway, alittle off topic from my origicnbal post, but I think that everyone needs to learn about the holocaust to be able to think about it and know where things like this lead. And it scares me that people aren't being made to consider this point.

Rant over.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:32 am

Willow wrote:........there are a lot of Christian who although they never say it out loud, htey strongly allude to the fact that everything that has happened to the Jews is punishment for killing Jesus and not accepting him.....
If only they would realise that without Jesus being killed there would be no christianity. Also, that's a really bizarre thing: Jesus was a Jew, but his followers (these days, anyway) are not.

Willow wrote:......Anyway, alittle off topic from my origicnbal post, but I think that everyone needs to learn about the holocaust to be able to think about it and know where things like this lead. And it scares me that people aren't being made to consider this point.......
I think you make a very important point here.

It is so very easy to say: "oh, that was Hitler, or that was the Nazis, or whatever, but it would never happen here."

Most humans are, given certain circumstances, capable of the most unspeakable acts. Hitlers holocaust was no isolated incident in human history, it's just the most publicised one.

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:40 am

Willow, your post gives a lot to think over.

Basically, on a quick reading, I think you are on the same, or similar, wavelength.

I have heard of the experiment. IIRC the "audience" were given the option to stop the process?

But Milgram went for coersion, THAT is different to propaganda. Or is it?

I think Propoganda is more subtle?

I nee more time to think over this.

If you could answer my basic questions....PLEASE? Just to remind me. It is 40+ hours now since I last slept, Six days since I last ate, and I need time. :-?

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:12 am

At the college down here they've done lots of experiments with how Hitler gained power. We all say no no we'd be able to spot it and would never support this stuff.

A guy stands at the podium. The place is packed. He gently leads you to cheering. Eventually it's just hysterical applause and cheering for the guy at the podium. People there say it's absolutely like a drug, the combined energy with everyone in the room just screaming at every point this guy makes...

Sorry I could have made this a little more elegant and just plain better but I'm in a huge rush! and too tired ;)
If you could answer my basic questions....PLEASE? Just to remind me. It is 40+ hours now since I last slept, Six days since I last ate, and I need time.
I can't answer but can I ask what's going on? :lol:
Crazy Healer Lady

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:04 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: (1)A guy stands at the podium. The place is packed. He gently leads you to cheering. Eventually it's just hysterical applause and cheering for the guy at the podium. People there say it's absolutely like a drug, the combined energy with everyone in the room just screaming at every point this guy makes..."
If you could answer my basic questions....PLEASE? Just to remind me. It is 40+ hours now since I last slept, Six days since I last ate, and I need time.
(2)I can't answer but can I ask what's going on? :lol:
(1) sounds like an Republican party election meeting. With Bush as main speaker. :laughing3:

(2) Sleep pattern is normal, but I normaly eat at least twice, three times per week. Just not felt hungry. :dontknow:

Seriously point (1). We must never forget that the nazi's went from a bar room debating club to the fall of Berlin in less than ten years.

complacency is NOT an option. [-X