What does the pagan think of Heaven??

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:51 am

speaking of tattoos (yay! i finally learned how to spell it!!!), have any of you been to a website called Toby's Wiccan Refuge? i was just reading over Ragnar's post that said he had the tribal markings (right?) and i remembered that the guy who made that website has like 5 tatoos that are something like a moon, sun, star, asian writing, all that good stuff.

if anyone wants to see it, here is the page....
http://www.wiccan-refuge.com/pix/tat/

enjoy
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Galaxy Girl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Galaxy Girl » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:19 pm

Two old gals were sitting in the doctor's office. Across the room was a young girl in a sundress, who had a tattoo of a rose above her breast.

One old gal said to the other, "Little does she know that in time it will be a long-stem rose."

:lol:
Grace and kindness create powerful ripples in the world.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:53 pm

:lol: 8-) that was pretty cool
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:33 pm

I love crones! Sounds like something my gran would say.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:48 pm

#-o #-o #-o
i've heard so many "hag-sag" jokes it's scary
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:57 am

Just getting back to the 'heaven' topic, my mum sent me a great email the other day.....

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the
scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead
for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble.
At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the
gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"

"This is Heaven, sir," the man answered.

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?" the man asked.

"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up."

The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

"Can my friend," gesturing toward his dog, "come in, too?" the traveler asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets."

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm
gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

"Excuse me!" he called to the man. "Do you have any water?"

"Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in."

"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to the dog.

"There should be a bowl by the pump."

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.

The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

"What do you call this place?" the traveler asked.

"This is Heaven," he answered.

"Well, that's confusing," the traveler said. "The man down the road said that was Heaven, too."

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell."

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"

"No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind."

As for what I believe.....well, it's complicated.

The human is 'split' into three aspects. There's the physical being, the body, which we leave behind when we die. There's the spirit, which normally passes on to the Summerlands, but may stay on earth for a while - either due to unfinished business, or they feel they cannot move on for some time yet, and there's the soul - the inner, burning white light in us all, which is passed on and reborn. Sometimes, the spirit and soul are intricately linked, and both are reborn. The body is our physical aspect, that carries us around etc, the soul is the part that carries our emotions etc, but it is the soul that makes us who we are. That's our spiritual DNA, that's carried on from life to life. If you've led a good life, it'll be reborn into a better one, if you've led a bad life, it'll be reborn into a worse one. Gradually, as the soul ages, it is granted to rest eternally in the Summerlands. Not everyone has led a past life, there are new souls born into the world. But the spirit, once it has left the body, is separated also from the soul.

Anyway,that's what I believe....currently. I'm still hashing it out for myself to try to understand it better for myself.
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:55 am

that was beautiful.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:25 am

Aye, it was rather.

Paganlight, I hope you do not mind, but I have saved a copy to my files? :-)

omerta_code765
Level 1
Level 1

Well

Post by omerta_code765 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:33 pm

Well I'm probably going to catch a few chuckles when i say the way i believe.But I believe when I die my spirit/soul mind you will join my ancestors in the great counsilfire,to commune with them for all time.Some of my oldest ancestor's were in-fact Celts,some native American.but i don't know how my chosen path and gifts will go with all of that.But heaven and hell "sighs :evil: ".All a bunch of crap putt together by a bunch of MEN fallowing a MAN!!.I guess I'm weird in my own way,the mi-er mention of a God (Christian) sends me into a mind numbing state of anger.But I do believe in gods and goddess's,and worship and commune in the way I choose

Ragnar

Re: Well

Post by Ragnar » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:08 pm

omerta_code765 wrote:But I do believe in gods and goddess's,and worship and commune in the way I choose
Can't disagree with that.

I just had an argument on another web site. The basis was I said that allah, god etc were unprovable, and had as much substance as Micky Mouse.

Needless to say I got jumped all over, with the "you can't prove yours either".

"Really" sais I, "next time you get hit by lightning, come back and tell me Thor does not exist. Next time an Oak tree falls over on you come and tell me Tyr does not exist. Because those do not just represent my Gods, they ARE my Gods."

All silent since then. :-D

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:02 pm

.Some of my oldest ancestor's were in-fact Celts,some native American.but i don't know how my chosen path and gifts will go with all of that.
Celtic and Native American spiritual practices (particularly the Shamanic part of it) are incredibly similar. INCREDIBLY similar.

That's a very beautiful picture of the afterlife, mon ami.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:07 am

ragnar, that was great! =D>

showed them...

omerta_code765
Level 1
Level 1

yay

Post by omerta_code765 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:21 am

=D> indeed well done Ragnar =D>

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:19 am

Ragnar wrote: Paganlight, I hope you do not mind, but I have saved a copy to my files? :-)
Not at all! :-D
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:18 pm

I really liked what you posted PL. It was really nice :-D
Just makes it clear that not all is as it seems. :-)
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx