What does the pagan think of Heaven??

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:39 am

Ehh, cocoa butter doesn't always help, especially not if it's in your genes to get bad stretch marks. My mom used cocoa butter from day one and she has some of the worst stretch marks I've ever seen, and I know I'll end up like her if I have a kid. I have stretch marks just from growing! :-?
Back to the tattoo topic, if you go with your friend for her to get one done, you'll DEFINITELY want one. I have a small one on my ankle and plans for like 3 more when I get the money. WARNING: they are addictive!
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:55 am

Addictive??

Excellent.... :smt027
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:59 am

Comfrey in small doses can also be used to heal a tattoo.

Actually, if you add Lavender or another herb that reduces scaring, the cocoa butter will work better. Lavender is good for any kind of scar, be it a burn, cut or stretch marks. I'm sure there are other herbs that also help the skin stay supple, but I can't think of any.

support system is a MUST when getting a tattoo. I got one on my sternum just above my bra line and below the joining of my breasts...and I needed my sisters to keep me from screaming.

I would post the sketch I used here, but unfortunately, I don't have it on my website.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:51 pm

Vitamin E Gel is good for scars and stretch marks.

Kystar (and everyone else): Next time you get a burn, put lavender essential oil directly on it as quickly as possible. The pain goes away almost immediately and stops blistering and heals it quickly and for the most part leaves no scar. VERY good. Another one of my best friends ;)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:06 am

morgana wrote:They can if you pick the scabs that form while it's healing, so just don't pick 'em! Easier said than done though, cuz it does tend to itch while it's in that stage, so just be really careful.
NEVER SCRATCH, they get scared and infected.

SLAP THEM! like a bad kid, a good wack with the flat of the hand works wonders. I have 20? 21? tatoos now, and it's worked for every one.

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:16 am

i want a tatto but I'm a wimp :(
i just want one of my tribal designs on my lower back :)

I'm awful at cuts... i have scars from little scratches i wouldn't leave alone....

strecth marks, my uncles back IS a scar from growing strech marks lols.

i have white ones on my legs but thats it :D
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:56 am

Geez, i really wanted a tatoo but i have no money and plus, i have a conscience that is on OVERDRIVE!!!

i would probably spend a full year thinking where to put it, what to put, how would i hide it, would i get a job...?

infuriating...

as for the original topic (topic? who needs a topic? :-D :lol: ) i strongly believe what most of you already said: i think that heaven is not one set place or even one function. i believe that whatever YOU think heaven, hell, the Summerlands, or whatever is, that is how it will appear to you when you die.

or something along those lines... [-o<
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:33 am

Heaven is a tattoist studio.

THERE we have now got back to topic. :-D

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:11 am

I've actually noticed that if the tattoos are tasteful, even if they can't be fully concealed, a lot of employers will ignore them.

I knew a girl who had a bracelet of roses on her right wrist, and never had problems getting a job...she was the receptionist for a dentist's office.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:43 am

We had a lad in Scotland who had had his entire face done in blue paisley pattern. That I can understand stopping you getting a job. It is pure irresponsibility. I would not want such in my works. If I had one, that is.

But any where else, I just do NOT see the problem.

As mine are all Wiking/Keltic, I describe them as "religious tribal markings".
And if they have mentioned them follow up with "Or does your firm always descriminate on Cutural/racial grounds?"

By this point you have obviously lost the job, so you can say what you like. :-D

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:44 pm

I would really love to get a tribal tattoo, not with a tattooist's needle, but with the nail and the stick and the ink.
That would be one heck of an initiation, and I think that's the only way I would get a tattoo: As an initiation, a marking of a very incredible time.

Still would like the raven holding the sun, though :-D if I could find an appopriate time for it to mark!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:31 am

uh, heaven, um..... ohhhhh, that place I call the meadow, yeah, you don't stay there long, just a short rest and then back you go, out to learn new lessons or the same ones you didn't get before.

On to the greatness of tattoos!! I only have one right now :-( but I have 5 more planned. The 5 are a set of bands, it's really simple, just 3 solid 3/4 a centimeter bands on my left upper arm, neck, right wrist, right thigh, and left ankle. The one on my right shoulder blade is a stylized unicorn. Mine didn't itch very much, only right before bed, and the buddy system is the best way to go!! Other half and I went to get ours done the same time and took care of each others tat :smt057 , he had his between his shoulder blades. Haha I know a tattoo artist, so I can get ours done at half price and a case of beer!! The only down side is that he's gone half the year, he doesn't stay home much. But yay for self expression!!!

Wow Ragnar, 21 tats?!?!? COOL!!!!! That's a lot of time in the chair, how long?
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:28 am

so sorry. did not mean to belittle tatoos...
my older twin sisters got their first tatoos on the day they turned 18. pretty cool, huh? they both got a tatoo that said "mom" on it, but the got it done different ways. one had it on a ribbon in a heart, the other had cursive writing.

as for me, i think i'll know when the time is right. i know it's gonna be small cuz i feel the need to scratch over EVERYTHING so, yeah.

must go
Last edited by Artemisblessed on Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:09 pm

I have just turned 21 and was thinking about getting a tattoo as a pressie to myself, but i still haven't made up my mind. I will have to make sure that i really like it. :-?
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:42 pm

Tats aren't a biggie... just make sure of a couple things:

1) You really like it and are willing to live with it forever.

2) The artist does good work

3) If you plan on working in a professional environment, that it can be covered by "business attire".

I have 2, both of which will be touched up in the next year and am planning on a few more. Mine can all be covered by business clothing and, with that in mind, it hasn't stopped me from becoming an executive at 2 corporations.

Wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com