NARNIA. christian propoganda opportunity.

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.

Could we get this banned from shops by complaining?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:17 pm

NO
36%
HA Ha HA. Are you "ON" something?
64%

Total votes: 11

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:45 pm

That comic is pretty Rich. It took me a minute to figure out it was Harry Potter.

Brain mush...sorry

Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:10 am

that was great, davish =D> =D> =D>
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Debbrah

Post by Debbrah » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:54 pm

Back to Narnia...

Oddly enough that is one of the reasons I think I became pagan. I liked Narnia as a small child, noted the Christian stuff, and then was disappointed by Christianity not living up to it....
"There's not much that's contrary to nature if you just know how to coax her along a little."- Mad Amos Malone (A. D. Foster)

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:04 pm

i really had to have the christian stuf explained to me...
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:50 am

its not really worth learning if u do not intend to convert over to it or if u are studying religions.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:44 pm

Hello all

I caved today and saw Narnia

It was so cool, mostly because after years between my reading the books/watching the animated movie as a child over and over I remembered all this stuff... the fur coats, the jingle bells, the turkish delights and lucy and susan crying.

Keeping in mind the Xian stuff, it kind of ruined it but I tried to forget. It is so full of magic! It is as much Xian as it is counter-Xian.

Well, that is my opinion anyway, dear people.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:40 am

i haven't seen it yet, but i read "the magician's nephew"... :oops:

i know, i know, it's not as enchanting as "LL&W", but i'm just lazy and won't go out and buy it...

you can hit me now :)
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:40 pm

I watched it yesterday and I loved it, I just love some of the camera work ad the characters, if I was 16 would have the hugest crush on Peter. And I loved the mermaids at the end, sometimes this world seems so boring, but speaking of fantasies, has anyone read the Obernewton chronicles, they are a kids book I saw in Australia but haven't been able to find here in Canada, I need books four and five. Anyone have any info? and I got the newest wheel of time for Christmas, i can't read it yet though, I have too much work to do.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:39 pm

sorry, no. but, by chance, has anyone read "the vampire chronicles" by Anne Rice? i've only just started reading "interview with a vampire". it's pretty good. it has some stuff about the occult in it, true or not, i don't know.

i just figured, you know...

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:48 pm

Slightly off topic, but yes I've read all of the Vampire Chronicles, they're great! The Vampire Lestat is my favorite. :-)
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:54 pm

really? well then you understand how i felt. when i started reading "interview", it started off by calling the characters "the vampire" and "the boy". for the first 20 pages, i actually thought that "the vampire" was Lestat. then when it said that Lestat wanted to buy something from him, i was like :scratch: ](*,) :?:

now, i'm a hundred and a half pages in and i still don't know who the "boy" is.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T TELL ME!!!!!

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:24 pm

isnt Lestat from Queen of the Damned? and not from Interview with a Vampire?
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:18 pm

Kelreth wrote:isnt Lestat from Queen of the Damned? and not from Interview with a Vampire?
Quick Vampire Chronicles Lecture:

Lestat was introduced in the first book of Ann Rice's Vampire Chronicles, Interview with the Vampire. He was the Sire to the Vampire telling the story.

He starred in the next book, The Vampire Lestat, where he tells his story in response to his Childe's tale (IwtV).

He then is brought back for The Queen of the Damned, where he wakes up the Queen Mother of the Vampires, Akasha. (Who's one nasty B**ch)

After Akasha is dealt with, he plays around with body-swapping in Tale of the Body Theif.

Lestat's NEXT stupid adventure is Menoch the Devil, which deals with Christian mythology...and leaves our arrogant hero comatose.

A few other vampires get to tell their stories...Armand, Marius, Pandora and someone new, before Lestat wakes back up.

So, to simplify, he was introduced in Interview. (He is played by Tom Cruise in the movie.)
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:32 pm

Thanks Kystar, ya beat me to the lecture! There's Pandora, Vittorio, and Armand who all tell their stories while Lestat is comatose, then more stuff happens, and a new vampire comes along named Merrick (at which point the Mayfair Witches series becomes a bit tied in), then another vampire named Quinn comes into the picture and the story more heavily involves the Mayfair witches. Once you get to the final book where this happens (called Blood Canticle), STOP, and don't read it until you've read the Mayfair witches series which is only 3 books (Witching Hour, Lasher, and Taltos). So there's your homework assignment girls and boys, you will be quizzed on it! LOL :lol:
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:10 pm

Ahh the Vampire Chronicles!!! I love them. Have only read Interview (so far... and then I got out of highschool and our local lobrary doesn't carry them anymore... Our school library was SO much better. What would they say if I went back, other than get a life??).
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG