Do Pagans believe in hell?

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
bluewolf
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bluewolf » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:46 am

Chelle wrote:
security blanket kind of isn't it
Definitely!!!
I know a lot of people who believe in something because of that, and that is better to believe in something than nothing at all. It gives people some sort of, i don't no, protection i guess... :-)
I agree, for some people its a lot easier to go though life with the thought of being guided than by something greater than you rather than knowing you are alone. Its an unsettling and depressing thought to many so they turn to religion just take away some of the pressure i guess. It grounds you, you stop floating aimlessly around the universe not knowing where to go.

Ive felt like this too which one reason i started studying religion. I'm not an Atheist, rather agnostic, the thought of being alone does scare me a little. Feels like "what's it all for then?" The idea that some is someone out there watching you is a huge comfort to some.

Wow. There you have it, my first post ever.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:39 am

Wow. There you have it, my first post ever.
Hurray! I've been waiting!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:47 am

"what's it all for then?"
I think that a lot....
Well, not a lot but i do wonder... lol :lol:
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:37 pm

Artemisblessed wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:i even have one friend who refuses to call him Jesus and only calls him Yeeshua."
Seen the "Passion" much?
never seen it. nor has my mate... were squeamish lol
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Galaxy Girl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Galaxy Girl » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:04 pm

Rain Forest Moon wrote:
Could you please explain what you mean by: "those who hate God".

(It is not a concept I am familiar with.)

Well, some people are angry with God and want nothing to do with God. They hate the very thought of God.

That's why I think there has to be a place for them where God is absent.

I remember seeing a movie about a mother and daughter who were waiting for the end of the world. They waited in the desert for a long time and the child died. The mother was arrested and became very bitter. Then the end of the world did come and the bars fell off the doors and the prisoners went free. Her little girl appeared to her and told her mom to just say she loved God, and she could go to heaven. But the mother wouldn't say it. At the end, she stood in darkness....forever, I guess.
Grace and kindness create powerful ripples in the world.

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:46 pm

Galaxy Girl wrote:I remember seeing a movie about a mother and daughter who were waiting for the end of the world.
What movie was that? i'm interested now...
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Midori
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Midori » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:54 am

Getting back to the topic, although Pagan, I have no problems with the teachings of Jesus, they are good general rules to live by.

My problem lies with the Dogma of the Church/es, their Crusades and Inquistions and the general intolerance of the majority of their followers. They appear too frightened to go out, learn what non-Christians believe, and then speak from a position of experience. They blanket condemn all who don't agree with their particular blinkered world-view. Sad, really.

BB Midori
May your gods stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:26 am

With you on that one Midori. I dont mind their teachings at all, some are very good. I cant stand dogma either though
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:17 pm

Ahh, Dogma.

Love the movie

Hate the real stuff, I don't know, I guess I think that things change over time. Maybe that is the biggest fault of us Christians, we get too comfortable and find it hard to change...

Or maybe it is just a fault of humanity.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:03 pm

Humanity is a fault in its self. The mear fact that we try to explain things we cant just makes it worse. :-(
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:54 pm

Midori wrote:They appear too frightened to go out, learn what non-Christians believe, and then speak from a position of experience.
Oh, but they DO. We had a few here, middle of last year. In fact, if I am not mistaken THIS thread was started by one of them.

They appeared to be using it as a training ground.

They are ONLY to willing to listen and learn...and go away and concoct lies about what we have suppossedly said.

They did not last long, pity really, I was enjoying the fun.

I am just off to sharpen my axe now, and get rid of these nasty sticky patches on the blade. They've dripped all down my arm. Mummy will smack me for that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

maximus
On Probation
On Probation

Post by maximus » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:37 pm

if you are gonna be organized christian, be a seventh day adventist. they view the papacy as the antichrist.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:17 pm

MAny people do, I guess it is all perspective.

I do however think that represents only a small portion of Seventh Day adventists.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:20 pm

maximus wrote:if you are gonna be organized christian, be a seventh day adventist. they view the papacy as the antichrist.
There are two things to be said about that:

1) why would it be a desirable thing to be part of a group that thinks that (whatever this antichrist thing might be)?

2) a study of history would make it obvious that without the papacy there would be no seventh day adventists. So what does that make them?
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:48 pm

I can take that a step further and also say that Demon's and The like are created by Christians for their own intents and purposes, I know Angels exist but I believe they are more Fairy like then anything, Christians just took Fairies and made them look like angels.

A friend of mine pointed this out too me, Look at a picture of Jesus and tell me who does he look like??

Answer: Zeus

SageWolf