Do Pagans believe in hell?

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:30 am

In the long ago dark ages of computing, when you could still get word processors that were ONLY word processors, I had a sticker I made on mine;

"Jesus saves but Olivetti is word perfect". I kind of liked that.

Does "Word perfect" still exist, I wonder?

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:44 pm

Hmmm.. i want to go to my sister house and dig my old Olivetti out now... all of brilliance and 4MB ram lmao!

lmao i showed that to my yeshua calling friends and he laughed... i stopped him before he tried explaining the importance of the name to me tho... he seems to think i don't remember after being told 1000 odd times! lmao!
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:12 pm

Got a Brother-in-law like that. If I hadn't been really careful I could have been an expert on helicopter rotor hubs by now! :roll:

Things you miss out on when you are given a chance to be educated. :cry:

(Edit) How come the spell check comes up automatically now? I do not need it. It's ages since I last turned my self accidentally into a frog! :kermit:backoff:

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:03 am

lmao its come up automatically for me since i 1st got here!
its pertty handy but iratating in college... this screan is all lil and that one pops up all huge!

i got stuck with the listening when we lived in the pub for my mum n dad... im only just 18 and i probably have about 50 more times experians that mopst inspectors let alone managers! hehe

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:38 pm

Does "Word perfect" still exist, I wonder?
I have Word Perfect 10... IT SUCKS!! They're still coming out with new ones...
How come the spell check comes up automatically now? I do not need it. It's ages since I last turned my self accidentally into a frog
It happened for me too just a few days ago.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Galaxy Girl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Galaxy Girl » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:41 pm

I believe in hell simply because there has to be some place for those who hate God.

If they went to heaven, would it be hell for them?

But then, would heaven be heaven if those who hate God were there too? If they hate God, then they would hate everybody in heaven who didn't hate God, and that would ruin it for everyone else. So, I guess there has to be a place for them that we would consider "hell".
Grace and kindness create powerful ripples in the world.

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:44 pm

Galaxy Girl wrote:I believe in hell simply because there has to be some place for those who hate God.

If they went to heaven, would it be hell for them?

But then, would heaven be heaven if those who hate God were there too? If they hate God, then they would hate everybody in heaven who didn't hate God, and that would ruin it for everyone else. So, I guess there has to be a place for them that we would consider "hell".

Could you please explain what you mean by: "those who hate God".

(It is not a concept I am familiar with.)

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Loke
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Loke » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:51 am

Greetings

Hell or Heaven is to me like good and evil, its just a distinction we make to cope with the complexities of life, the first part is most about death though. The one cant exist without the other.

As for the cristian belief of the devil - he seems only to be a half-being and whats more important could this good god exist without his other half.

As mentioned before, cristianity has many gods (guess the trinity is common for all those who call themselves cristians) and very much resembles the beliefs they replaced. Any discussion of factions in cristianity is malplaced in this forum.

A question to the cristians in this forum.

Are you interessted in other faiths or beliefs, do you seek a discussion of mutual enlightment and is it possible you will change your own stand on the fundamental issues of life?

Best wishes

Loke

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:52 pm

A question to the cristians in this forum.

Are you interessted in other faiths or beliefs, do you seek a discussion of mutual enlightment and is it possible you will change your own stand on the fundamental issues of life?
There are some really cool Xians on here (Galaxy Girl and Willow among them) that are not the Fundies we have encountered lately. These two I know, at least, are valuable additions to the topics here and give a fresh perspective.

My little rant :roll: :lol: :-D
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:33 am

Hey Loke

I have been pulled out of the Christian closet, but don't worry, I like to think my fundie days are far behind me.

I am a masters student of religion and I teach world religions at the university, I am about as interested in other religions as you can get.

And It took me a while, but I am beginning to understand that all my beliefs are fluid, not necessarily that old ones are proven wrong, but new ones are introduced that contribute to my life goals better.

As for could God exist without the devil, I think most Christians would say yes, it is a much more dichotomous belief in good and evil. The way you express it it sounds more eastern influenced, that all things have a balance. Maybe I am misreading you though.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:19 am

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:i even have one friend who refuses to call him Jesus and only calls him Yeeshua."
Seen the "Passion" much?
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:47 am

I do not believe in hell. Maybe some people believe in it because it is better than not knowing what may happen...
Just a thought :-D
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:50 pm

Chelle, that was really insightful.

Security blanket kind of isn't it. Now you have given me something to think about.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:32 am

Hell from what I've got from some christian friends of mine is simply a city similar to heave only 1 difference. Threes no presence of god. in heaven there is god, in hell their is not. for an atheist hell is just like a normal city for a christian hell is quite literally their hell and they are cut of from god for eternity.

seems more probably that a guy with a cape poking people :D

i don't believe in it tho, i just believe we go some were possibly in our own thoughts to review our lives and come back to learn a new lesson.

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:49 am

security blanket kind of isn't it
Definitely!!!
I know a lot of people who believe in something because of that, and that is better to believe in something than nothing at all. It gives people some sort of, i don't no, protection i guess... :-)
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx