Do Pagans believe in hell?

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:21 pm

:sign5: :toothy8: :smt082

You are so very, very bad - but I do have a question for ya - when you open this goddess's nightgown, does the light go on?
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:22 pm

Oh Dear,
at least now I know I am not first in line for any divine lightning bolts.
Those will be reserved for you guys... :bootyshake:
of course, maybe I just answered Stormy's question. ;)
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:44 pm

Certainly hope so!! :-D

As to lightning bolts. THATS the difference between us and other religions; Our Gods/esses can take a joke without deeming it an immediate threat to their very existence.

I hope [-o<

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:30 pm

ROTFLMAO!!! That was great Ragnar! :lol:
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:11 am

Just getting back to the topic (what was the topic again....).

The mere question highlights the fact that many (if not most) xtians have this very unhealthy pre-occupation with hell.

I thought their religion was all about heaven.

Maybe someday someone will ask the question: "Do Pagans believe in Heaven?"

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:45 pm

Rain ForestMoon wrote:Maybe someday someone will ask the question: "Do Pagans believe in Heaven?"
It would be nice for a change instead of being asked "Do you worship Satan? Do you believe in hell?" to be asked if we believe in something that is good, something that is beautiful. But, alas, the church of the old days has probably taken away the very thought that Pagans could believe in anything other than Satan and Hell for a long time yet *sigh*
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:48 pm

That actually reminded me of a book I have about Wicca-Shamanism-ness. It has a bunch of utter crap about this woman who confessed in the witch trials in Scotland 1662, saying that the devil came to all the sabats and they mutilated animals and ruined crops and ended their rampages with sex with the devil and his demons, which this woman described as "a pain like childbirth," plus a few details I am censoring. Whether this is a lie by those documenting these times or a lie of hers either forced out by torture, I have no idea.

Hmmm, yes. We Pagans end our devil-worshipping nights exactly like this. We dance with the devil and plot ways to ruin our society. Dance devil, dance.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:13 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Hmmm, yes. We Pagans end our devil-worshipping nights exactly like this. We dance with the devil and plot ways to ruin our society. Dance devil, dance.
Bah!! If only there were more tree-hugging, nature-lovers out there!! Society would be a wonderful place!!
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:53 am

Do pagans believe in Heaven?

Good question, however, let's really kick the bee hive.

Do Pagans believe in Jesus?

oh the brain, ouch ouch, make it stop, roflmao.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:40 am

actually, it depends on what you're referring to...Jesus of Nazareth or Jesus, son of God?

There is no denying that Jesus was a documented person, alive at the time of the bible, but no one (except apparently the Christians :roll: ) really knows him to be the true Son of God.

that's my story and i'm stickin to it...
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:33 am

Arcanum Owl wrote: Do Pagans believe in Jesus?
Better had do, they made war crime denial an offence here. Given the crusades, and that 100% of the nazi heierachy were christian born and bred, if I said "no" I could be arrested.

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:20 am

i even have one friend who refuses to call him Jesus and only calls him Yeeshua.

i actually do have 1 christian friend who belie vs in hell as just the absence of god and people who do not believe in god will go there and there's no difference to their lives but its painful for them....

the guys in town (the preachers that stand on box's and insult you) love going on about were all going to die and rot in the fiery pit of hell if we don't stop to listen to him spread the word of god and let him convert us to be mind less drones... (i added in the mindless drone bit.... but i wouldn't put it past em)

Christians love their hell.... its the only thing that can make them keep their faith ;)
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:09 am

I don't know,
I am not sure that all Christians are as comfortable with the idea of hell as we think they are. Even my Mom who is an extreme Fundy doesn't really buy the eternal damnation thing.

I think it is the classic case of people get into a group and their ideas polarize and become more extreme, but when you get them on their own, they don't necessarily believe everything that the group says they should.

I think it is the same with televangelists sometimes, you get on TV it is way easier to hang on to extreme values and dismiss anyone who challenges you as spawn of Satan or something.

Just a thought.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:12 am

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:i even have one friend who refuses to call him Jesus and only calls him Yeeshua."
Huh? I know "Yee gota shoe a orse." Any relation I wonder?
Brown Eyed Girl wrote: i actually do have 1 christian friend who belie vs in hell as just the absence of god and people who do not believe in god will go there and there's no difference to their lives but its painful for them....
What, like totaly different to how we are all (on these boards) living now? I could take an eternity of that. It's better than their fall back option of fire and brimstone :lol:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:the guys in town (the preachers that stand on box's and insult you)

AHHH! "preachers" are they. I thought I got looked at funny when I asked for five pounds of spuds and a bag of carrots.
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:Christians love their hell.... its the only thing that can make them keep their faith ;)

Aye, thats the difference between the audience and the priest; the priest threatens their hope, and they hope it's a threat. ;)

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:13 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
He's a favorite quote:
"Save me Jebus!," Homer Simpson.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.