Reiki Fundies Rant

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Reiki Fundies Rant

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:42 pm

Warning: This is an angry rant about Reiki Fundies. It may be a waste of your time, depending on if you like reading ranting about Fundies in general. Please please please if you can't be bothered with this stuff do not read! It's just a bunch of whining! I keep almost erasing it, thinking if this is really appropriate, but I keep remembering that this is to rant about Fundies. I'm taking advantage, darn-it! If the mods don't like it, please feel free to yell at me or erase it. No offense will be taken, and I'll understand and learn my lesson.

I belong to a few message boards. I belong to a Reiki one where I keep getting snarled at. I say my beliefs about Reiki, that it was here before the founder Mikao Usui, and I get snarled at. I say how I don't believe the symbols can be used for harm, and I get snarled at. I gave a bit of advice on distance healing and permission, and how one should say only with their soul's permission first, and some ____________ (string of bad words) says I am being unethical, that I have fooled myself into thinking it's acceptable, and she used a [-X emoticon. This is the last straw, and I wrote an angry reply, although I am very reserved about who I show my anger to.

What kind of a world is it where people of the same practices yell at eachother and say the other one is wrong? I LOVE Reiki. I love everything about it, except the darn people! There are so many Reiki Fundies I daresay it outmatches Xianity, percentage-wise, not number-wise. "Your symbol has a slightly more curvey line that mine? IT'S WRONG! You must re-take Reiki with me and pay $10,000 because you are not using REAL Reiki."

I am so sick of dimwits telling me their way is right, be they Xian, Reiki practitioners, science-freaks... They're just hindering their own growth.

I know deep in my heart that what I am doing is not unethical. If it is not in their best interests, the Reiki does not flow.

How can they turn something so beautiful into something so ugly? They think that once they have Reiki and can heal they are above everyone else, that they can just stop working on their own healing, stop learning.

Right now I am fighting and learning certain things in order to get my business up and running. I am fighting the fact that people call me insane, that I embarrassed my last boyfriend with this stuff, my family, my dad in particular who puts this stuff down and tries everything to get me to either become a housewife or a secretary or any other typically female occupations, I am fighting my own self-doubt and fear of humans and human interaction. Now I realize I have to fight people in my own communities.
Grrrr *warrior pose*

Does anyone else feel this junk in their spiritual lives?

I've searched many boards, and I belong to three at this time. One is the Reiki one I am ranting about, and the other isn't really inviting, but I do like it. I LOVE the Pagan Library. Is it because Pagans have been persecuted and know what it is like and adopt the "Pagans love Pagans" ideal? Is it just that the people on this board are so wonderful, and mean people are put in their place? Is it that everyone else in the world is a "Blue Meanie?"

What IS it about people? Why does everyone have to be wrong but them? (Because they are Blue Meanies :lol: *temporary insanity: "We all live in a yellow submarine"*)

phew
*gets out bottle of chill-pills*

I'm throwing up my hands. Fundies are just dumb Fundies. I can't let them get to me. I know why this gets to me, too. I am a highly ethical person. If I do something slightly wrong, my stomach is upset for days (eating myself up). That is why this bothers me so much. But I know, really know that I am okay, and that I am being ethical.

chill pills are working! :-D

This board is just so amazing. I love it here.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:13 pm

Yup, that's what this is for, to get it out and feel better doing it.

I can tell you from experience that not all Pagan boards are as nice as this one - which is why this is my main board. Also, from experience, there are a lot of "blue meanie" boards out there and very few nice ones. It's all over, not just in the "spiritual" type boards - crafting boards can be some of the worst as well as the best - one just has to test the waters and if your toes feel cold or get down right stepped on, well, that's when you go to "manage my yahoo groups" and check the box for "leave group".

Life is just too short to waste time being angry at people who you don't know, who you will likely never know, who you don't want to know and who, for practical purposes, have no real meaning in your life unless you give them meaning. But I can see that once your chill pills took effect that you completely understand this :-D However, it is still necessary at times to rant one's head off - feel free to do so anytime ;)
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:13 pm

Life is just too short to waste time being angry at people who you don't know, who you will likely never know, who you don't want to know and who, for practical purposes, have no real meaning in your life unless you give them meaning.
Exactly!
I managed to comvince my stomach of this, although it's still grumbling. The craziest thing, though... When this girl sent the [-X post, right before I read it, I felt myself go... "Drunk." I felt hammered, completely out of my body, as I do when I get into arguments. I think this was my reaction to the negative energy she was inadvertently sending at me while writing it. That was really weird. It's a REALLY good lesson, :lol: this whole thing.
However, it is still necessary at times to rant one's head off - feel free to do so anytime
Thank you very much!!

And unfortunately it's not a yahoo group. It's a private one, with a billion members, and there is no "leave group" button. I'd still like to loiter, though :-D It was a good lesson to learn.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:26 pm

Stormy's right. There are fundies everywhere, even Pagan fundies, who are sometimes the worst. I have a friend who dated this chick who was Pagan. He took an interest in Paganism and she offered to teach him. When it came time for him to "choose his path," she didn't approve of the path he chose and tried to forbid him from taking it. When he walked away from her, she told him that she and her coven had cursed him.

By the time he met me, he thought all Pagans were like the one who taught him. He had a completely distorted view of what Paganism is really about. I've been slowly deprogramming him, but it's taken alot of work. Apparently this chick he once knew was pretty crazy.

Anyway, moral of the story, crazy fundie close-minded freaks are everywhere, in every belief system. It's a shame, especially to find it in a belief system that was founded on the idea that we would never judge and condemn others of different belief systems the way we have been judged and condemned.
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Galaxy Girl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Galaxy Girl » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:44 pm

Hey Healer Lady,

I'm a Reiki Master-Teacher too. It's my first love. I have a good board for you: http://www.reiki-4-all.com/ I've met some great friends there.

Unfortunately, Reiki has lots of "splits", and they all are very defensive about their particular ways of doing things. Sad thing is, I've had people refuse Reiki because of a previous bad experience. I was always successful in getting them to try it one more time, and they were amazed at the difference. So something is not right.

From what I understand, Mishio wanted to know how Jesus healed. So of course, Reiki existed previously to being called Reiki. I do believe it may have been withdrawn from earth because of misuse. I hope that doesn't happen again. I know I couldn't survive without it.

I only have a few Reiki friends....someone to call or email when we need each other for healing. But I tried having a "practice". Didn't work out well. People in this mormon town are skeert of anything like that. So I just do it for a few friends and family, and my animals, etc. Perhaps where you live, you'll have better success. Best of luck to you.

P.S. If your symbols aren't exactly right, the Reiki guides will fix it. I also believe that you can send Reiki to someone, and if they aren't ready to accept it, it will stay with them, like a little cloud hovering above them until they are ready for it. But I usually send it to Jesus and ask Him to send it to whomever or wherever I'd like it to go. I figure I can't go wrong that way
Grace and kindness create powerful ripples in the world.

Galaxy Girl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Galaxy Girl » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:04 pm

Oh, by the way, if you ever see a nasty storm brewing in your area, take your athame and draw the Reiki symbols in the sky. Works beautifully.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:20 pm

Hey Galaxie Girl, thanks!!

Although I like storms :D They energize, and I work with them.

Yes, Mikao was looking for how Jesus healed, so it would seem reasonable that it existed before Usui, right? But to each his own. Many do not believe in Jesus and use Reiki in a more scientific way.

I am glad that the Reiki Guides fix the symbols. The hon-sha-ze-sho-nen that I was taught does not fit right with me, but the only one that looks right to me feels really awkward and just not right to draw.

I think that if Reiki is withdrawn (was it taken away or was it forgotten?) there will still be some who have access to it and will be able to share it. Hopefully it never leaves [-o< lol

Thanks all for your kind words. I definately am not as p.o. ed about it now, and am actually laughing. After getting over the anger, I started questioning and thinking, "Am I really being unethical? Have I been doing something bad this whole time?" After some mulling I know it is all right, what I am doing.

Hurray for fundies! Don't they make you realize how special things like the Pagan Library and all you fine people are!
Crazy Healer Lady

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:28 pm

OMG Galaxy Girl, I'm on that forum too ... albeit I havent posted there in such a long time!!

CrazyHealer, let me tell you something, especially when it comes to the "You must do it this way" Reiki people - smile, nod your head, be polite .... then poke your tongue at their back because you know somewhere deep inside yourself that the way you work Reiki works for you. No matter what people say in the Reiki community, it will always flow and work different ways for everyone because, dare I say it, we are all of different makes, and therefore different people.

And, while I think of it, do not talk about Ra-Sheeba to a wide selection of the Reiki community!! They cant stand the thought of Ra-Sheeba!!! I'll explain more about that another time though!!

Anyways, know you are not alone in what you have experienced with these sorts of people. We have all, to some extent, been there as well!!

Bright Blessings!!
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:10 am

I've been on message boards now forum... nearly 3 years. I quite enjoy them but only occasionally do you find a good one. this isn't the 1st pagan forum I've been on but the big difference is that I'm still here. its brilliant here.

Some forums are Elitist.. suck up to the mods and the admin non stop and will slate new members for so much as posting a post in the wrong section cause it means the moderators are forced to do there job.. on these forums they barely have to work cause the members are so in love with the power they have they do everything. this then shuts out new members, you have ones that have there set little groups and will do everything to exclude new people. and forums like you said with stuck up people that are afraid of looking at things from a different angle to disrupt there own Lil perfect view on things!

.... sorry for being inspired to rant :D lmao
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:37 am

.... sorry for being inspired to rant lmao
RANT AWAY!

Thanks White Harmony. I wouldn't DREAM of mentioning something other than Traditional Usui Reiki, or that I do attunements the Diane Stein way and not the traditional way.
Crazy Healer Lady

Galaxy Girl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Galaxy Girl » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:09 am

Brown eyed girl, you struck a nerve with me, hunny.

I was on a generic message board and made the mistake of introducing my darling daughter to it. Well, to make a long story short, she bad mouthed me on the board, ruined my reputation, and everybody there sticks up for her. So the moderator would delete all my posts and I began getting nasty emails from her and others, so I ended up leaving.

I went to another board, similar to theirs, and there were some trolls so they were going to shut it down. Some are members of both boards and said we could all go over there to keep in touch. But a bunch of them refused, said the moderator was a "nazi". :lol:

Well I know I'm safe here. Darling daughter thinks witches are totally evil, me especially. She had a couple NDE's and now I think she's a "walk in". :cry:

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:01 pm

I had a similar discussion with a friend recently about the local pagan community. Much the same could be said about any community lately. As it seems, there are 3 types of people who stand up to be leaders
1) The people who stand up because they desire attention and the kudos of being a leader....They envision people swarming around them telling them how wonderful they are.
2) People who see the role of leader as a means to make money. They prey on the new or the naive to garnish their wages. These people dream of sitting on their bum all day doing nothing while living off the generosity of others. These are the same people who strongly support money as a valid exchange for knowledge. Their concept: "well, if the Universities charge then why not me"..........Money is never a fair exchange for Spirituality.
3) People who step up to do good or because they have to step up.

My mother has had similar experiences to you and the Reiki chat board......She was on a dream interpretation board where she got a hard time. Dream interpretation is like Tarot reading in the sence where you sometimes have to tell something to someone that they do not want to hear. The point of the board was to help each other become better and to give insight to each other where it is needed.

I've been on a board where everyone attacked me based upon the slander of one gilted girl and the moderator. Even after I left people signed on impersonating me to cause trouble. To this day the moderatior or "host" of the board still bad mouths me publically. Because I disagreed with him, he goes around calling me a "Pagan Fruit loop" or "Pagan nut".....he even coins the insult that I titled him and uses it on me "McWiccan". Every year at his Witches Ball he complains about me.

Be thankful that you never have to see these people whereas I still have to deal with them in the local community.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:04 pm

Galaxy Girl wrote:
I Darling daughter thinks witches are totally evil, me especially. She had a couple NDE's and now I think she's a "walk in". :cry:
Galaxy Girl,
I have to ask...what are "NDE's" and what does it mean that she is a walk in? I'll probably feel all *duh* after you tell me.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Galaxy Girl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Galaxy Girl » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:14 pm

Hi Lotus,

NDE's are Near Death Experiences. She almost died 3 times. But didn't have any of the "going into the light before returning", at least not that she recalls.

A "walk-in" is when someone is close to death, wants out of this world, but has not completed their job here. So another soul agrees to step into their body and finish the job. So there is a soul exchange. The original DNA and cellular memory are still there, but the personality changes.....hence: Who are you and what have you done with my daughter?

The incoming soul has no emotional attachment to family and friends the way the outgoing soul did. Even her facial features have changed. It's weird.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:36 pm

Oh gods... That can be really hard. I'm so sorry.

:hug:

So is it full-fledged walk-in? Or could it be helped with soul-retrievals?
I have NO idea if you could find one, but if you can, I greatly urge you to take her to a Shaman. Or someone trustworthy and capable in these areas. That is if you want to do anything about it, because as I do not know the situation and, really, not as much as I'd like about walk-ins, I do not know if this is even something you'd want to change or tweak in any way. I really have no idea what, if anything, you do with walk-ins, although I do know that sometimes when people are in a coma other souls can take their place, which is not a good thing and must be helped, while other times it is a very good thing and the soul has consulted and agreed and it is for the good of all.
Urm...
Hugs? Blessings?
:hug:
Crazy Healer Lady