Same Old Argument

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:55 am

Brilliant, simply brilliant :-D
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:28 pm

I wish I had caught this before
OK Way back at the beginning of the post:
I think most of us know this but if most of the NT is written in Greek it has three types of love to work with Eros, Agape and Filios (sp). And we just translate them all as love, how convenient.

Also interesting is a phenomenal movie about Homosexual couples in Orthodox Jewish communities called "Trembling Before G-D." I highly recommend it. In one scene, one couple talks about how male homosexuality is banned in the OT, but later on in the Talmud (oral law) Lesbianism is not forbidden, but Jewish women are encouraged not to associate with those women (lesbians) as they are bad for family values. Interesting aside.

And as for godhatesfags.com, I have been studying the fundies like Jimmy Swaggert, Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson for a while. I always think they can't come up with anything more repulsive, but they always impress me. And I am impressed (frightened?) that CNN continues to interview them as experts?
Weird weird world.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:19 am

i like that about Jimmy Swaggart...did any of you know that he's mentioned in an Ozzy song and referred to as "Jimmy Sinner"? it's funny you guys should hear it. it's called Miracle Man.

Hey, just a thought: why is it that no one calls Regan a fundie???
He had the power to stop the AIDS epidemic (he's not God or anything, but he could have quarantined... :roll: ) and he didn't. he refused! you know why???

"...Because God gave those faggots what they deserve..."

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...it's times like this that i wish we could just go around smiting people...

BB
Artemisblessed
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:36 pm

Slightly linked to this, I have just heard a report on the BBC world service. A group of residents most of whom are not even parents, have got together to stop a school having their prom night. Because there is singing, lewed dancing, and drunken behaviour, which "is not what we expect in a christian community".!!!!

When are these a**holes going to stop poking their nose into other peoples business? Remember, these are only locals. They have nothing to do with the school, other than it is within their area.

How long before they all buy puegot pick ups, dress in white dressing gowns, and go from door to door to make sure the men have not shaved their beards, There are a suitable amount of religious symbols around, and the women are wearing Burkhas... Oh damn. I was not meaning to give away who I meant. I think "burkha" may have destroyed that little try at P.C... So sorry. :-?

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:12 am

izz ok
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:16 am

any of you know that he's mentioned in an Ozzy song and referred to as "Jimmy Sinner"?
That explains a lot.......(knew the song, not the reff)
/|\

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:26 am

Hehe any one watch wife swap....?

yeah i know it sounds random.. but it was hilarious the other night..

A gay couple wife swapped with a traditional christian family.
the christian man wouldn't let the gay guy sleep in his house... the Christians family were over weight (there was a kid of blood pressure med from it) and the beat there kids daily the wife done ALL of the work (the guy sat at home and cleaning his car and hit the kids really.. oh and sleept.)... onto the gay couple who had 2 daughters. they were brilliant kids were great helped out around the house and everything.

the christian woman was comical trying to force the other man into using a gun because her husband did and apparently to be a man you must use a gun...

Lil rambly but it was pretty funny :D
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Florarose
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Florarose » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:03 am

I like it to. Be careful what you say to St. Bush, just remember that he does not like hecklers or protesters at his appearances and has security remove the. They are so disruptive you know.

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:35 am

Yeah, geez -- I guess he got a pretty good display of disruptive protesters in Argentina. We keep wishing he wouldn't come back home, but so far, no luck. Oh well, one can always hope for the Rapture I guess...
:roll:
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)