The Ten Most Harmful Books

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:02 am

Actually, I'm a fan of her works too. I wouldn't necessarily say her battle scenes are silly...her repetition of nonsense that you woud know if you read the last how many books gets tiresome. I honestly don't see why she has to re-introduce Harry adn Privet Drive in each book...if you've GOTTEN to book 5, then you should KNOW who the characters are and where he lives!

However I have major bones to pick with book 6...so much so that I'm offically DISAPPOINTED with the series. But I"ve come this far, so I'll get the 7th book even if it eventually becomes a table-leveler!

And I agree with the gradually maturing w/the characters, which is why I can no longer consider them children's books. THey're sort of young adult/teen...but sometimes I wonder about that too.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:18 am

I've never read ANY of the Harry Potter books (a grave sin, I know), but alot of series writers do a brief re-introduction to the main character in each book. I guess it's for those who happen to pick up a book, and it's not the first in the series.
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:57 am

Seriously, though, a re-intro won't help you understand what happened in the last how many books, so why bother? It's not like she recaps everything that happened before...so why bohter?
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:38 am

ok, sorry i'm so late, but getting back on topic (topic. who needs a topic? :roll: ), i made a list of all the "dangerous" books and going out to buy at least one of them tomorrow. i fully intend on reading them all. just my little F.U. to the people who wrote the list. y'know?

oh, and if you happen to see my face on the news for various revolutionary purposes, BLAME THE BOOKS!!!

j/k. i fully doubt that just READING the books will do any damage...

but what do i know?
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:16 pm

Blimey!!! #-o
People really have way to much time on their hands if they are using it to make up lists like this!!! [-X
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx

hush-a-bye
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hush-a-bye » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:47 pm

in my opinion....hooray for books

no matter how dull, wrong, annoying, amazing, provocative, or any other adjective you can think of.

I think the fact that certain schools and communities ban books to be appalling. Goddess forbid we open our minds and look at the world around us!

This list actually made me giggle, simply because a book on women creating a life for themselves was on the same list as Quotations of Chairman Mao and Hitlers book ( forgive me, the tittle has slipped my mind and I don't feel like going back to look it up ).
:smt020 dancing to the music in my head

:heart: life goes on
but I'm gone
'cause I die without you

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:12 pm

I've got 10 books by me right now that are more threatening to them than the first book on thier list
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:26 pm

Really Kelreth? So.... What ya 'cooking'? A little C4? Some napalm? heheh ;) I agree with Hush, books are not bad, only the loons that take them to heart and the battle field.
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:29 pm

No i know how to make home-made napalm already. Havent had the time to do it yet.

You know how to make C4??????????????? TELL ME PLEASE!!!!!!!

No more like stuff that uber-conservatives would find repulsive
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:00 pm

seems to be a slow subject... :lol:

anyway, so has anyone besides Ragnar read "Fingerprints"? it's about this girl named Rae who discovers (with the help of some people she never thought she would be friends with) that when she puts her fingers over an existing fingerprint, she can hear the thought the person was having when they left it. unfortunately (WARNING: PLOT SPOILER!!!) she hears a bunch of thoughts about people's mothers and, since hers is dead, she accidentally says out loud "Stop talking about my mother!!!!" repeatedly and has a full-out breakdown in the middle of the cafeteria, in front of all her "friends" (basically, she finds out that her friends, or at least who she THOUGHT were her friends, deserted her once they thought she went insane). And she was one of the "popular" kids, so all her friends were fake and never even came to visit her in the hospital over the summer.

sorry. that series reminded me of how my life was going when i read it. it was pretty trippy...

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:14 am

Kelreth, I know lots of things, but I don't know if the 10 most dangerous books topic is the place for C4 recipes, so I'll PM you.
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Grumpy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Grumpy » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:23 am

Please tell me you people aren't seriously mixing up napalm and c4 at home.

I hope you don't live near any of my relatives, that's worse than a meth lab.

Wanna bet the next three "members" to join this board are Homeland Security incognito? A little common sense please?
"Obedezco pero no complo"

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:39 am

Lol, the most probable thign that will happeen if i ever try to make homemade napalm is that i will burn my slef alive or some part of my body off. Most likely a hand, dont worry I aint making any.

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:58 am

Hey, there's a difference between knowing and doing. Just because I know how to make C4 doesn't mean I'm gonna, I like my hands! Besides, if the feds were gonna take me to jail/undisclosed location they would've done it by now. A former friend of mine had his door busted down by the feds one morning, they took all his comp stuff and just walked out, they barely even handed him a card. Ever since then I try and keep my nose clean. Ever since that terrorist junk happened things have been really tight. When I was younger it was easy to spend a Saturday with 3 or 4 friends in a field and a truck full of 'toys', but now, so much as a sparkler bomb and feds start swarming out of the bushes and trees all painted green. *sigh* I miss the good ol' days....

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:19 am

forgotten oceans wrote:Hey, there's a difference between knowing and doing.
Wrong! "Gaining or passing knowledge of explosive, or other harmful matarial, in the preparation, or commission of terrorist action, regardless of whether the intent was known or realisticaly achievable, and conspiring to pass on such.".

"Unlawfull possesion of knowledge, for use in the production of terrorist weapons, or matarials".

Just about covers it I should think.

A physicist knowing how to make an atomic device would not be covered, but a subway news paper seller with that information may.

There is NO legal defence for the possession, or preparation of said chemicals by any peson not authorised by Government. Nor is there any defence for passing the knowledge to a third party, neded in production of said chemicals/devices.

SOME here have ALLREADY broken the law!
I don't know if the 10 most dangerous books topic is the place for C4 recipes, so I'll PM you.
Is covered by the clause; "and conspiring to pass on such."

Send me a post card from Gitmo, chaps.