New Pope to try to stop Harry Potter and Witchcraft

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
2Crunchy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by 2Crunchy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:04 pm

Perigee wrote:Yep. Very good. You people sure are perceptive.
There's not really much I can say to validate my ignorance, other than that I stand corrected.
Hey, it's no big deal. No one was snotty about it and we were all young once, right? Heck, most of the time I wish I still was. :-)
Come to the Dark Side.....
We have cookies! :)

Perigee
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Perigee » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:00 am

Thanks. And to be fair, I did try to find some Christian hate sites via Google but couldnt find a thing. Also, Ive yet to meet a Christian that even knows the first thing about the Satanic Bible or Satanism. Thats kind of what I based my comment on.
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our souls.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
The truth will come to you at last.

Florarose
Level 1
Level 1

Harry and the Pop

Post by Florarose » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:45 am

From my observation and point of view I see the Catholic Church as the practicing sadism. They forced their belief through fear and intimidation my God and Goddess Just look at what they did in the Americas to the Indians they took their children away killed the parents refused to allow them to use their own language killed the Parents in indescribable ways. They happily force money from their poorest of followers, they treat women like brood sows to populate their kingdom on earth, they readily molest their children and then encourage the cover ups right to the very top. It just accrued to me possibly they don't like Harry Potter because it does not condone this behavior and they are afraid that some of their young just might get it and see through their ruthless charade. I say =D> :cheers: for Harry Potter and all his goodness.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:20 pm

They happily force money from their poorest of followers, they treat women like brood sows to populate their kingdom on earth, they readily molest their children and then encourage the cover ups right to the very top.
=D>

Doooon't get me started on us women as brood sows... *whips out sword and assumes warrior pose* That is exactly why I have a sword!

The money part is why, thankfully, my mother left the Catholic church, although she is still Catholic.
And, would have become a nun if not for my grandfather forcing her to become a nurse.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:28 pm

Too late for me..I am ticked

The position of women in the church is possibly one of the most frustrating things int he world for me, there are very few things that raise my BP, but that is one of them.

btw, I am not even sure if this post was about books, but did anyone see this?
http://www.conservativebookclub.com/Joi ... d_cd=c6805

They were joking right? As if there isn't already enough hate in the world.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:01 pm

"btw, I am not even sure if this post was about books, but did anyone see this?"

After four pages, does any one remember what the origional topic was without looking?

I suppose it was about Harry Potter, so even if the Pope was brought into it at one point, loosely it could be said to be about books. ;)

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:13 am

Somber Sky wrote:What the hell is he going to do burn all the books and kill RL Stine come on !!
It was actually J.K. Rowling who wrote the harry potter books. R.L. Stine wrote the Goosebumps series.
Ragnar wrote:Look also at "faranheit 451" by Ray Bradbury.
I read that last year. terrible book, but awesome message. if any of you don't know, it's about the banning of books but also more than that. the fireman actually have to come to your house if they catch you with books and burn your hose down. it's set in the future and it's awesome! the terrible (and most close to truth) part of that book it when Mildred (and i'm sorry if i'm ruining this for any of you, just skip right over me) downs her sleeping pills and attempts suicide, but the text says she's done it countless times before. it's as if she has totally lost control of her own depression. the caption under the title on the cover is "Fahrenheit 451: the temperature at which books burn" touching.

but terrible ending.
Last edited by Artemisblessed on Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:04 am

Aye, we had to read "Faranheit 451" (the temp at which PAPER burns, not just books :-) ), "Animal Farm", and "1984", for a literature thing I was doing. Now that was a depressing semester. :-( .

I think it was also Ray Bradbury that wrote "The Chrysalids", a book about the events after a nuke war. The survivors persecuted any one who was "different". IIRC the main character had five fingers on each hand. (For all you pedantic ones, PLUS thumb!). We had to read that at the same time as "Lord of the flies". I really loved my English lit. tutor!

As far as so called "childrens tales" go, that are not really meant for kids, I found... OH DAMN!!! what was the name of that Danish guy who wrote "The Emporers new clothes"? (My Scandinavian Lit. tutor would shoot me for that!). HIM any way. If you read the "Nursery tales" knowing what was going on in Danish polotics at the time. They are NOT for kids at all.

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:37 am

Ragnar wrote: ..........As far as so called "childrens tales" go, that are not really meant for kids, I found... OH DAMN!!! what was the name of that Danish guy who wrote "The Emporers new clothes"? (My Scandinavian Lit. tutor would shoot me for that!). HIM any way. If you read the "Nursery tales" knowing what was going on in Danish polotics at the time. They are NOT for kids at all.
It is interesting that you should mention this.

Fairytales were never meant for children. Up to about 150 or so years ago, Fairytales were for Everyone. Only since then have Adults become "rational" and dismiss Mythical and Symbolic stories as Kids stuff.
If you read Hansel and Gretel or Little Red Riding Hood through the eyes of the Chief Censor, you would restict their circulation because of Violence, Cruelty to Animals, etc. etc.

But, there is a much darker side to all of this: Xtian Fundamentalists are reading the Bible as if it were a "rational" book, rather than the collection of Mythical and Symbolic stories that it really is. And, in doing so, they stuff up the world for everybody.......
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:53 am

I remember when I was a kid reading "The Three Little Pigs" but the old one, which is very gruesome. And watching things like "The Dark Crystal" that warped my little mind.

I loved the creepy really weird stuff as a kid that would ruin most peoples' minds. I remember my sister running and screaming in her closet when E.T. screamed, and kids nearly traumatized by "The Dark Crystal." Maybe I'm just a really weird, really twisted person O_O But stuff like Star Trek and the last bit of Fantasia with the Devil really scared the heck out of me!

Remember stories like those of Jenny Greenteeth. Fairie tales needed to be scary and gruesome to keep kids safe (don't go near the water by yourself or Jenny Greenteeth with eat you!), and for just plain entertainment. Although that's not really a fairie tale...
Wow, I am just stating the obvious here.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:11 am

Hmmm if I was J.K.Rowling, and don't get me wrong I glad I'm not, I'd sue the pope for discrediting her books, and insist that he back up his claims with proof.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:32 pm

Arcanum Owl wrote:Hmmm if I was J.K.Rowling, and don't get me wrong I glad I'm not, I'd sue the pope for discrediting her books, and insist that he back up his claims with proof.
What a novel idea, indeed. If I were her I'd be more pro-active myself and yet, she may consider her inaction as not fueling the fire.
Perhaps, they slander this book(s) to get a reaction?

I think things are getting more and more absurd.....What is the big deal with people believing differently.
Tonight I am charged because I saw Trading Spouses (granted it is sensationalistic) but, found myself insulted by the absurd ignorant reaction of the Christian mom visiting an non-christian family (obviously Pagan although the word pagan was not used).

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:54 am

what channel is this all on?

i wanna see that!!! i'm not into the swapping, but i really wanna see what happens when you mix people that are really different and watch what happens...

wanna know something really funny? in all of these stupid reality shows, they always act like the stuff is against their will when it really isn't. they actually have to sign up for this stuff!

why whine and moan about something voluntary?

i just don't understand that...
Last edited by Artemisblessed on Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:15 pm

Crikey! This is getting out of hand! Why would he want to do this He will not be able to do a damn thing anyway. He cant make someone stop reading harry potter books! I refuse to stop reading them i love them and i love witchcraft! :-D
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx