Friend or No?

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.

What should I do to this girl?

Never talk to her again.
10%
Write her a note.
No votes
Talk to her about it in person.
43%
Kill her.
10%
Just ignore it... she'll understand sooner or later.
14%
Karma will see it's way to her!
24%

Total votes: 21

Eirene
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Eirene » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:24 pm

Sorry-typo. I meant hurt. Not heart in the last couple of sentences. Doesn't hurt. Sorry again.
Four be the things I'd be better without: love, curiosity, freckles, and doubt.
Three be the things I shall never attain:
envy, content, and sufficient champagne.

Ever-Pagan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Ever-Pagan » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:34 pm

Something about fundies...

I've come to the conclusion that I'm on average about 25-30% higher in IQ points than they are in nearly all cases. It's that very reason that I had to draw a line in the sand and "convert" from Christian Fundamentalist to Ever-Pagan. I'm still a member at a couple of Christian message boards, and discussions there are generally concluded with "they're right and I'm wrong" type statements.

I've come to the conclusion that fundies are hopelessly mired in the clay of their own ignorance. Here's the point: if you make them sound silly enough, they will eventually stop talking to you about religious matters. The best offense is a good defense. Sounds like you did the right thing by asking a lot of questions about her religion while intelligently defending your own beliefs.

If she persists, kill her with kindness. like Arcanum Owl said. Nothing like using someone's beliefs as cannon fodder agaist them... :smt070
Jesus is coming back. And boy, is he PISSED!

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:19 am

I 'm so tired of trying to educate fundies who don't wanna learn, just save, save, save! "Save souls today and I, Jesus, will personally donate heap loads of misery, intolerance, and dictatorship to the world, all you have to do is believe blindly and get everyone else to as well!!! So remember, I can't build a planet conquering army out of 'hell bound' souls, just ask Satan!!" Yeah,..... I voted to kill her, it takes less time to clean blood out of carpet then trying to be civil to fundies. :axe:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:56 am

I agree -- Kill her. :lol:
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Perigee
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Perigee » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:56 am

dragonflydrummer wrote:I agree -- Kill her
That's a bit harsh isnt it? I voted to talk to her, for reasons aforementioned; ie. using fundy principles against them. Show her tolerance and kindness, and only after that has failed will you be permitted acts of extreme violence.
:smt071
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our souls.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
The truth will come to you at last.

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:10 am

Perigee wrote:
Show her tolerance and kindness, and only after that has failed will you be permitted acts of extreme violence.
If you feel you must leave no stone unturned then go ahead, but it's futile. She's been assimilated...
:evil: :smt111 :evil:
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)