Whatever next...?

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:30 pm

:lol: Cwute, Ragnar.

I think my main claim to fluffybunnydom is my sugar "habit"

My partner has severely restricted me. Only one packet of red frogs bought when we do the weekly shopping, and any stray wrappers found around the house will lead to a stern talking to, followed by tickling. I hate tickling.

/ends the confessions of a red lollie fiend.
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:13 pm

I am quite partial to driedfrog pills me'self.
has any one here actually read Terry Prattchet? Other wise you wont know what I mean.

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:08 am

Terry Pratchet is awesome!!!!! One of my fav authors!!
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:28 am

Aye, I have read them all, both in English and German. It is a pity that a lot of the humour does not translate into German though. Those that only read German are really missing something. "Wee free men" for example. HOW do you translate "whailly whailly whailly" into German? Or the fact that "The Wee Frees" are the "Free church of Scotland", which, I have said on another page, are as "fundy" as you can get. To the extent of not allowing pictures or photographs in thier house, ran, and still do, the Scottish temperence society. (A losing horse if you ever heard of one);) . They will only alow bibles (thier particular translation), and other "approved" religious books in the house, or even be read at all, by thier members, no news papers etc etc. THEN read Prattchet. :lol: :lol: :lol:.

aintgottaclue
Level 2
Level 2

Post by aintgottaclue » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:44 am

dragonflydrummer wrote:Ragnar wrote:
Strange how these boards remain dormant for ages, then spring to life again.
'Tis but the whim of Turby, methinks...
:albino: :albino: :albino: :bigsmurf: :albino: :albino: :albino:
Turby has a home???? http://www.littlevalleymountainresort.com/turby/
=D>
Christians are irrational. I may not be a Christian, but at least I'm rational! (Well, most of the time, anyway.)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:10 am

WOW! That living room top right!!! I would need to buy half of Amsterdam to do it justce, but it looks worth it. Our Turbo friend, O.R.B, D.V.D's, not a little Hendrix, a deep snowy winter... Yeh WOW! Valhalla. O.K, on a day off from all that meeting Saxon virgins and stuff, but you know what I mean.

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:21 pm

Terry Pratchett GOOD. I loved Granny Weatherwax in particular when I first started reading them aaaages ago. And Greebo. Naughty kitty.
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:54 pm

Aye, I love her theory on "headology". Thing with Prattchet is, he seems very perceptive, or well researched on his characters. As ex Police, both civil and Military, I can assure you Vimes is exactly right. Between them Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax could be my Granny and Great Granny, in attitude to magic and life.
Tell me though, I my self, and up to now every one I have spoken to, hates "Pyramids", and "Moving pictures". I do not know why, but they are the only two books by any author that I could not finish. Is it something with European humour, or is it the same in the States/Canada?

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:30 pm

I've read both, and I quite like them. The lead character is essentially the same in both books, they're not exactly his best works, and they heavily reference popular/screen culture. I think the fact that they're so referential may be it. If you don't know the references (mostly US films, etc), then it would fall a bit flat.

I love Grimes as well. Fantastic character. And Angua. I think Feet of Clay is one of my favourites.
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi