Help us all

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:16 pm

Falwell is scum. Pure, distilled scum.

He and others of his ilk make a mockery out of the faith of my parents. I may have rejected their religion, but they're among the few good Christians and he gives people like them a bad name.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:13 am

I do remember the Chick tracts well when I was an Xtian. That was a long time ago back when Xtianity was different than today. Xtianity was politicalzised by Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell and a few others and then they intragrated it into the Republican Party. These people gave us Shrub, Ashcroft (who resigned) and other extreamist who think that they have to push Biblical prophecy into domestic and foriegn policy. They think that their efforts will bring Jesus back to Earth to rule over all nations. History is repeating itself only this time it is here instead of Europe with the Roman Catholic Church. It makes me wonder what this country will be like in four years.

Not only that but there is a group called the Prophecy Club that set up speakers in various hotel chains. These so-called experts speak and put on demostrations in a somewhat similar attitude as the Chick comics. These so-called experts make claims that they were either Wiccan, pagan or Illuminati. However, my own experience as a pagan Wiccan and Druid tells me these people are fabricating their stories but you would not believe how many Xtians eat up every word. All of this helps the Republicans gain supporters and voters.

We, as pagans, are in for a ride. This is why I made a recent decision to support the Left but not as a Democrat. I say this because the Democratic Party is mimicing the Republicans. Whoops, sorry I went to far into politics but you can see how the Fundies have taken control. I just hope it does not go as far as "Be baptized or die."
social
If more of us valued food and cheer and song
above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:54 am

socialgreen wrote: I just hope it does not go as far as "Be baptized or die."

If it comes to that, I'll just start baptizing the members of my circle. Heh, although they'll probably mean that you have to be baptized into their faith. in which case, they won't know what to do with me, as I was baptized as a baby and then again at 12. Oh wait, that's right. I'd be hanged as a heretic. :roll:

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:27 am

So thats the nutjob that believes we've got a god called Samhain.......

I really could not believe my eyes when i read these comics; for thats what they are: comical.
A few day's ago a Dutch columnist was 'butchered' (there is no other way to describe it) by a fundie-Muslim, because he criticized the Islam. This is ten times worse. I wouldn't want to be in this nutjob's shoes. We can (mostly) laugh at this, but i think most, if not all, Muslims will take offence.

Why can't we all just get along. Respect another's beliefs. Or is that too much to ask???

K
/|\

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:23 am

Yes, that is the nut job who thinks that we have a god call Sam Hain. Notice that it is two words. Yes, this god wants and demands human sacrifice and we as Druids must hunt (in packs) for a fair virgins for sacrifice. We must build our wicker baskets and place our hapless victim in it. We then will hang our victims from a oak tree and call on Sam Hain to consume the basket with fire. Sam Hain hears our chants and fire magickally appears from the Earth and consumes our victims. no harm comes to the oak and in celebration we have a big sex orgy. =P~

Little does this nut job know that Sam Hain is buried at the Erie cemetary. Alas, Sam Hain is dead! :-o What are we poor Druids going to do? :cry:
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:21 am

Ahhh, I was being comical here. Really I was. I should have included Doctor Who in the story as bringing the pumpkins back into ancient times.
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:14 pm

Nonono, he just mistook the turnips for pumkins that's all. ;)
/|\

melina
Level 3
Level 3

Post by melina » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:10 pm

Sam Hain hears our chants and fire magickally appears from the Earth and consumes our victims. no harm comes to the oak and in celebration we have a big sex orgy.
Sounds like fun. Makes me want to start a new religion that actually does that stuff...
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!-

Isaiah 5:20

lunaria
Level 5
Level 5

Post by lunaria » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:25 pm

I remember in 6th grade I wanted to create a new religion that went by a seven day long calendar and our most holy of holidays was the great thursday....

This was right after the first time my then-new friend Wallis got to stay out of school for a Jewish holiday ;)

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:36 pm

katsu wrote:Nonono, he just mistook the turnips for pumkins that's all. ;)
Come to think of it he did. Most likely the Master was Sam Hain and he always did manage to make a come back.
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:39 am

Sam Hain... isn't he the Hain's Underwear guy?

We've been worshiping the underwear guy? I'm so uninformed :cry:

Firelord

Post by Firelord » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:21 am

hey, the underwear guy RoXoRs!

You mean you already have an altar without the tagless briefs!?

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:05 am

LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Love like you've never been hurt."

RavenEyes
Level 2
Level 2

Post by RavenEyes » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:29 am

"Dungeons & Dragons is an occult apprenticeship to witchcraft and Satanism"

From Jack Chick's website - I literally laughed so hard I nearly fell of my chair...... what an IDIOT!!!!! Its a game!!!

Honestly, some people are so dumb..... but makes you wonder which are worse - the people who spout this crap or the people who believe it !!!!!
Live Life to the full, Be true to yourself

Firelord

Post by Firelord » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:17 pm

you're reading stuff from a christian guy that even goes far enough to attack the catholics...