Christian Double Standard - as if they have any other kind

Post those fundie conversion, spell request, turn my little brother into a frog, UFO, and just plain freaky emails you receive here. We can all critique them.
Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Christian Double Standard - as if they have any other kind

Post by Dark Waters » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:00 pm

Got this one recently:
CHRISTMAS STAMP

How ironic is this??!! They don't even believe in Christ and they're getting their own Christmas stamp, but don't dream of posting the ten commandments on federal property?

USPS New Stamp

This one is impossible to believe. Scroll down for the text.

If there is only one thing you forward today.....let it be this!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of Pan Am Flight 103!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon !

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military Barracks in Saudi Arabia !

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa !

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on 9/11/2001 !

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class
Holiday postage stamp. Bull!

REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp
When purchasing your stamps at the post office. To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.

REMEMBER to pass this along to every patriotic AMERICAN you know!!!
Each line in the e-mail got larger and more brightly coloured.

I don't know whether I should find this funny or get angry.

First off it isn't a "christmas stamp" it is a Eid stamp because the 3 day celebration of Eid al-Adhr starts on 12/20 this year. It is a time to express obediance to their God and generosity to others. BTW Eid al-Adhr celebrates the act of sacrifice made by Abraham was going to make when God ordered him to sacrifice his only son as a test of faith. Then an angel stopped him before it was done and god replaced the boy with a ram. These events also happen in the Bible.

The US postal sevrice has over a dozen Christian themed Christmas stamps, but they want to claim outrage that there is one Muslim stamp.

Yes - you can't post the Bible in gov't places, but neither can you post the Qur'an.

Then trying to link every terrorist act ever commited to a holiday of peace and generosity is acting exactly like some zealots claim the Muslims act.

Of course it ignores all the muslims who died in those attacks, the ones who were in the US armed forces at the time and the ones that joined afterward to fight such corruption.

I am a "patrotic American" and I find people like the ones who created this e-mail vile and disgusting hate-mongers of the worst kind. The United States of America is not a "Christians-Only" club - it is and always has been a melting pot who guiding principals express that respect should be shown to people who believe differently.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:00 am

IF this is an officiual stamp issue, it raises the question why with only 6,31% of the population being muslim (U.S.A http://www.islamicpopulation.com/america_islam.html )

Then WHY are the Government bending over forewards to appease them with this drivel?

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:19 am

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... &langId=-1

It's legit. Why they made it is beyond me...and why the 41 USA is crossed out...also confusing.

Unless they're going for major PC...then they need to put out a Stamp for uS!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:24 am

They also have hannukkah stamps and kwanzaa stamps, and kwanzaa is not even a real holiday, just a social political statement.
The 41 cents is crossed out on computer images so people can't "print their own" without paying for it.

As far as why ....

Whenever the question comes up why a business or government {and the US Postal Service is both} does something or doesn't do something, the answer is always the same - MONEY!

Either they want more of it, or they are trying not to lose it. In this case - it s the former by trying to tap another demographic that has til now been ignored. They don't even care if Christians "boycott" the Muslim stamp, because that's not who they are shooting for.

I just get angry over the e-mail itself, it shows the worst kind of intolerance and ignorance, in direct opposition to American values, and tries to play it off as patriotism.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:18 am

Oh, yeah, the email was below the belt, really. I mean, they talk like there aren't any Muslims in the USA who are loyal to our country.

As per the norm, Christians bash those that they see as a political/religious threat.

Reminds me of what my sister's husband told me during the email fights around my Wedding...that the Bible told him he's allowed to be a bigot and not be tolerant of my faith. My one sister-in-spirit is what she calls an Enlightened Christian...and she pulled out a bible quote that basically tells people "God CAN judge, but people CAN'T"

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:37 am

I absolutely hate this kinda stuff... although i know many people think this way, they need to be educated as to reality, not encouraged to stay oblivious to reality. :evil:

But i'm all for the stamp for us pagans! That'll be cool, i'd buy it. :-D
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:52 am

Could you IMAGINE the UPROAR there would be from the Christians if we got a STAMP?!

I mean, they were screaming bloody murder when the Military acknowledged Wicca as a religion that could be put on a soldier's dogtags or headstone. And that their Chaplains (sp?) had to be able to help the Wiccans too.

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:54 am

The hatred makes me ill :-?
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:46 am

Kystar wrote:Could you IMAGINE the UPROAR there would be from the Christians if we got a STAMP?!

I mean, they were screaming bloody murder when the Military acknowledged Wicca as a religion that could be put on a soldier's dogtags or headstone. And that their Chaplains (sp?) had to be able to help the Wiccans too.
Can you imagine how hard i would laugh at their outroar?

I see the irony, they are the most marketed group, and when we wish to be recognized, they have a hissy fit.... children... :evil:
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Rowan
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Aquarius

Re: Christian Double Standard - as if they have any other kind

Post by Rowan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:29 pm

May I quietly interject that the reason '41 USA' is crossed out is quite simple. They do not want someone who is good with computer graphics coming along and manipulating the graphic, printing out their own and using it as legitimate stamps which they did not pay for. It's the Postal Service's means of preventing theft, kinda like the US Treasury and the measures they take for our money. The '41 USA' is crossed out on any image of a stamp; even the ones advertising upcoming stamps released throughout the year.
I have lost my way.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Hytegia » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:55 am

Holy crap-
a bump of a thread ne4aring it's 3rd birthday. :D

Well, let's try to have a Pagan Yule stamp put out... Who here wants to try to help me design something? :]
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Rowan
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by Rowan » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:06 pm

Sorry. :-(
I have lost my way.

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:18 pm

For what? Zombie thread? Don't worry about. LOOK OUT!! It'll get 'cha! lol. :lol:

Hytegia, we already have one, the pretty tree with the lights and glass balls and garlands, remember? That was ours first. :roll: And doves are the birds love. So see, we're not all that left out, I think we used to have Halloween stamps too back in the day, maybe, I think...?
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Hytegia » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:15 pm

I was talking Pentagram, Penncle, and whatnot. :]

It would be marvelous! I'd buy 10 just to put on my Notebooks then save one for my Offspring to enjoy while they huddle about a fireplace while Daddy tells them stories of Dragons, Demons, pacts, and fantastical adventures throughout the world in both mind and foot.
Lol.
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:06 pm

I couldn't agree more. :-) It would be nice, but I think we might have to wait awhile before we make that much progress. We're still an unrecognized minority, unless we're being blamed for something. ](*,)
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me