More Christian Propaganda *sigh*

Post those fundie conversion, spell request, turn my little brother into a frog, UFO, and just plain freaky emails you receive here. We can all critique them.
fatale
Level 3
Level 3

More Christian Propaganda *sigh*

Post by fatale » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:22 am

I got this forwarded from a "friend" who knows I am not christian and also knows that i don't care what lifestyle people lead as long as they don't harm anyone!
Since I was asked to speak up when I don't agree, here's my response!

As you said, speak up when you don’t agree! Well, I don’t agree! I am a Wicca and I feel uneasy (at the beast) or persecuted (at the worst) by some of the statements made in this email.
I agree, there's freedom of religion in this country - Read again FREEDOM OF RELIGION not Freedom of Christianity! Have a great day!

-----Original Message-----
To:
Sent: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 5:34 PM
Subject: (no subject)

This is pretty cool so take the time to read it and remember to speak up when don't agree and make the effort to change things. Too many have been keeping silent for too long which is why things are the way the are right now.
Cyn

This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football game at Roane County High School , Kingston , Tennessee , by school Principal, Jody McLeod.

"It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country."

Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate lifestyle," and if someone is offended, that's OK.

I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, "safe sex." If someone is offended, that's OK.

I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable means of birth control." If someone is offended, no problem...

I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess "Mother Earth" and call it "ecology."

I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depicts people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment."

However, if anyone uses this facility to honor GOD and to ask HIM to Bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated.

This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical. Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except GOD and HIS Commandments.

Nevertheless, as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical... I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression.

For this reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's," and refrain from praying at this time.

"However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank GOD and ask HIM, in the name of JESUS, to Bless this event, please feel free to do so. As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet."

One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.

They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!

The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America - the Seat of "Justice" in the "one nation, under GOD."

Somehow, Kingston , Tennessee Remembered what so many have forgotten. We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion. Praise GOD that HIS remnant remains!

JESUS said, "If you are ashamed of ME before men, then I will be ashamed of you before MY FATHER."

If you are not ashamed, pass this on.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:38 am

Ahh, theere alwasy seems to e this weird belief that if we protect peoples relgious freedom wewill make Christianity illegal topractise.

I get crap like this all the time. I generally delete it or send back a somewhat sarcastically altered version.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:57 pm

The person who wrote this should be taken out in the street and shot!

:evil:

I don't mind announcement systems being used for some of those, but I'm really getting tired of the whole, Religious Freedom = Only Christian Freedom. :roll:

I don't mind them praying, in fact, I encourage it... I just also encourage the knowledge that not everybody worships how you worship...

Grrrr. I could continue this rant, but really, this is a pagan board, and I'm preaching to the converted already, amen! ;) :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:22 pm

Ahhh. Religious freedom in America: A fine example. :roll:

My SO's grandmother forwards these to everyone. But, then, she believes, honestly, that everyone is Christian O-o
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:30 pm

This thing was bothering me, it isn't my best work but I just added some comments, if she sends it too you again (or anyhtinglike it) just pass something like this back.

Send it back to them with these summaries
-------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football game at Roane County High School , Kingston , Tennessee , by school Principal, Jody McLeod.

"It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country."

We say a prayer before men go on a field and beat each other up over an insignificant object and to gain a few yards of land (Hmm, sound like the crusades to anyone else)

Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate lifestyle," and if someone is offended, that's OK.

But men who repeatedly slap each other on the butt and brag about there sexiual exploits in the locker room is not perveted, that is boys being boys.

I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, "safe sex." If someone is offended, that's OK.

Umm, yes it is OK, because you are offending me, and I am letting you, its called freedom of speech, go read a book

I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable means of birth control." If someone is offended, no problem...

Or you could use it to condemn rape and the inequality of women that leads them to need abortions..but no.. you shout abortion, that is way worse

I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess "Mother Earth" and call it "ecology."

I missed that part where the scientists told us to worship the earth and call it ecology, silly scientists and educators, trying to get us to learn stuff, good thing it didn't work on you

I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depicts people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment."

You can also show a video that depicts people with strong traditonal non-chirstian belief as "simple" "ignoratn" and "primitive", oh wait you did that, it was called colonialsim...it was bad, again read a book"

However, if anyone uses this facility to honor GOD and to ask HIM to Bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated.

Umm nope, Christians can gather whenever they want, whenever, you have freedom of assembly, heard of the charter of rights and freedoms, here let me get you a book, but I suppose it is sad you can't fore me to sit through your prayer

This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical. Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except GOD and HIS Commandments.

No....I never saw anywhere that we had to be tolerant of murderers or rapists, anyway, its not like you follow those rules anyway...seen angels in America or the LAramie project? Better yet, read the books

Nevertheless, as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical... I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression.

Maybe you should re-think some of those rules then? Just a thought

For this reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's," and refrain from praying at this time.

Render: from the French Rendre, to give back. Jesus was talking about money. There were lots of people in the Bible who disobeyed the governemnt, even one who prayed when he wasn't supposed to, it was Daniel, read your own book, start a protest and do civil disobedience if it means that much to you. Fortunatley we don't throw people to lions anymore, its another one of those pesky human rights.

"However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank GOD and ask HIM, in the name of JESUS, to Bless this event, please feel free to do so. As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet."

Right, because the US of A, one nation under God is going to make Christianity and praying illegal, sure! And watch out for the loch ness monster, she bites

One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.

If I had to listen to this speech, would pray too, mainly to make it stop

They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!

The announcers box? No way! Isn't that where this narrator is standing, whodduh thunk it

The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America - the Seat of "Justice" in the "one nation, under GOD."

Umm, and you know this how? Maybe they were just polite enough to do it private

Somehow, Kingston , Tennessee Remembered what so many have forgotten. We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion. Praise GOD that HIS remnant remains!

Umm freedom of religion is freedom from other people's religion, read the debates int he supreme ccourt, you might learn something.

JESUS said, "If you are ashamed of ME before men, then I will be ashamed of you before MY FATHER."

Phew, good thing I am only ashamed of you in front of the girls, now can I meet your mother?

Oops, well I guess I will have to keep my opinion to myself
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:34 am

Willow, you get free pumpkin pie icecream for this
:-)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

fatale
Level 3
Level 3

!

Post by fatale » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:09 am

I love that, Willow! I might just send a second reply! :lol:

My husband searched the thing on spoofs! It's scary, but it actually really happend back in 2000!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:30 am

I wondered if it was something someone made up, crap like this is everywhere.

Anyway, do your own and post them here, they are quite therapeutic.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:28 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Gives Willow a BIG HUG thats good

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

WillingtoLearn
Level 1
Level 1

Post by WillingtoLearn » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:47 am

Aborted Fetuses can be frozen instead of being disposed. Their cell walls tend to be more maliable than adult human cells and don't burst from ice forming in them. This allows for cryogenic freezing of futuses of animals of all species. They have been doing it with animals for a long time. So why don't we do the same for Humans. ANTI-ABORTIONIST. They have ruined a viable why for infertal couples to have children. I hate bad political movements. You can look this stuff up almost every day, every where. It is usually misguided and uniformed people who create these movements in the first place. I think someone should create a informant group to dispell some of these myths in very public forums so that this false information doesn't create these types of movements. Free the minds of the people.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Re: More Christian Propaganda *sigh*

Post by Hytegia » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:57 am

I've corrected it for Punctuation, so that people can just copy and paste it in!
:]
I'm sorry, I had to look like I was doing something for English Class. >.<

------------------------------------------------------------------
This thing was bothering me, it isn't my best work but I just added some comments, if she sends it too you again (or anyhtinglike it) just pass something like this back.

Send it back to them with these summaries
-------------------------------------------------------------------

We say a prayer before men go on a field and beat each other up over an insignificant object and to gain a few yards of land... (Hmm- Sound like the Crusades to anyone else?)

But men who repeatedly slap each other on the butt and brag about there sexual exploits in the locker room is not perveted - that is boys being boys.

Umm, yes it is OK, because you are offending me, and I am letting you, its called freedom of speech, go read a book.

Or - you could use it to condemn rape and the inequality of women that leads them to need abortions... but NO! ... you shout abortion. That is -WAY- worse! O.o

I missed that part where the scientists told us to worship the Earth and call it "ecology." Silly scientists and educators, trying to get us to learn stuff! Good thing it didn't work on you, eh?

You can also show a video that depicts people with strong traditonal non-chirstian belief as "simple," "ignorant," and "primitive..." Oh wait - you did that! It was called colonialsim... It was bad. Again, read a book.

Umm... Nope! Christians can gather whenever they want, wherever they want. You have Freedom of Assembly!
Ever heard of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms? Here - let me get you a book... But, I suppose it is sad you can't force me to sit through your prayer.
I'm sorry.

No... I never saw anywhere that we had to be tolerant of murderers or rapists - Well, its not like you follow those rules anyway... Have you ever seen angels in America or the Laramie project?
Better yet! - read the books.

Maybe you should re-think some of those rules then? Just a thought...

render: from the French Rendre, to give back.
Jesus was talking about money. There were lots of people in the Bible who disobeyed the government - even one who prayed when he wasn't supposed to! It was Daniel.
Read your own book, start a protest, and do civil disobedience if it means that much to you. Fortunately, we don't throw people to lions anymore... Its another one of those pesky human rights.

Right, because the US of A, "One nation under God" is going to make Christianity and praying illegal - sure! And watch out for the Loch-Ness Monster - she bites.

If I had to listen to this speech, would pray too...
Mainly to make it stop.

The announcers box? No way! Isn't that where this narrator is standing?!
Whodduh thunk it?!

Umm, and you know this how? Maybe they were just polite enough to do it in private.

Umm... Freedom of Religion is Freedom from OTHER PEOPLE'S Religion - Read the debates in the Supreme Court case... You might learn something.

Phew, good thing I am only ashamed of you in front of the girls- Now can I meet your mother?

Oops! Well I guess I will have to keep my opinion to myself, then.

:]

Just Copy and Paste whenever you get the Message!
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:11 am

An intentional Double-Post:

I would like to remind everyone the comedy of Errors that is the Pledge of Allegiance:
It wasn't untill Dwight D. Eisenhower that the line:
"One Nation, UNDER GOD,"
was added to the Pledge of Allegiance.

You know - back when there were 47 states, and McCarthism was running heywire in a modern-day Witch Hunt.
Women were still considered sin, the Religion checkbox on surveys consisted of Atheist, Protestant, Catholic, or Judaism (any other person who believed differently from THAT would be ran out of town or hunted down), if you were unlucky enough to be born Black, Chinese, or Mexican you would be harshly discriminated against (Heaven HELP you if you looked Asian at that time! >.<), and we blamed all of our problems on other Countries.

Yes: "One Nation, Under God" indeed. >.<
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Moonchyld
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Moonchyld » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:07 am

Well, you not only have to think about it in the perspective of it offending us because we're wiccan, but also in there perspective of not being able to pray over the PA before a game. Not that I am agreeing with them, but it is there right to, just like it's our right to completely disagree with them. Think if Wicca was the dominant religion in the world and we were no longer aloud to cast a circle at school because it would offend the minority religions. Then we would be the over-berring and the opressive. It's all about the perspectives, but I digress. lol
You call me a witch like it's a bad thing. :3